66. Journey West
225 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The journey to the coast was long, yet peaceful. The Shrek Seven Tyrants saw the more peaceful countryside, and a serenity settled over them.

"If only the whole continent was like this," Gu Xingyun sighed.

"My brother has been dealing with Spirit Empire in Suotuo City. Things aren't going well there now. The tensions are getting worse every day."

"And that's why we're going to do something about it," Ru Shenqi vowed. "We're going to bring down Spirit Empire once and for all."

The others nodded in agreement. "Yeah!"

Outside, Ma Hongjun smiled. These Tyrants... Douluo Continent, watch out for the Shrek Seven Devils and the Shrek Seven Tyrants. Hu Liena... Spirit Empire's time is up!

<><><>

When they were a day's length from Vast Sea City, they stopped at a small town.

Ma Hongjun set them up in a hotel, while the Seven Tyrants went to check out the nightly festivities. The friends checked out night stalls and tried some fried tofu and stir-fry.

"Xiao Shen, here."

Ru Shenqi turned to Gu Xingyun. He held out some food. She smiled and ate from his chopsticks.

"Aiya!" Fang Youyou cried. "Are you friends or lovers?!"

Ming Yong choked, and the other girls looked away. Gu Xingyun and Ru Shenqi both went red.

"We're Hell's Duo. Would you like to deal with two Death Gods?!"

Fang Youyou winced and quickly replied, "No! No! I'm just a little auxiliary system spirit master!"

Shu Jiaxiang clapped him on the back. "And yet, you have the Scaled Body Armor."

Fang Youyou cried out helplessly. The others laughed at his dilemma.

Ru Shenqi chuckled, "Xingyun and I have gone through life and death in Slaughter City. We've known each other the longest. Of course we'll be closer."

"Plus, as the eldest, shouldn't I care for the youngest?"

Ru Shenqi hit him. "Who's the Spirit Saint here?!"

Gu Xingyun retracted his statement. "You are! You are. How could I compare to you, Xiao Shen? You're Hell's Little Empress."

The seven laughed, having a good time.

As they were returning to the hotel for the night, they came across a few sketchy older men. Gu Xingyun, Ming Yong, and Fang Youyou stepped in front of the four girls.

"Who are you? Move out of our way," Gu Xingyun growled.

"Young lads, these beauties with you are stunning," one of the older men said. "Can't we catch a peak?"

Ming Yong's eyes narrowed. Fang Youyou chuffed. Gu Xingyun snarled.

Shu Jiaxiang's nails slipped out. Bai Shanxin seethed. Liao Suyin's aura of supreme authority surged. Ru Shenqi raised her chin haughtily.

Her icy voice rang out, "You've chosen to mess with the wrong seven. Today, we'll teach you a lesson. Otherwise, we aren't the Shrek Seven Tyrants!"

On her last word, everyone released their spirits. Two yellow, two purple, and two black spirit rings descended around Fang Youyou, Ming Yong, Liao Suyin, Shu Jiaxiang, and Bai Shanxin. Gu Xingyun displayed a terrifying two yellow, one purple, and three black spirit rings. Ru Shenqi raised an eyebrow and released her spirit rings. With her God power sealed, she couldn't fake her spirit ring configuration. So the three men's eyes widened when they saw four deep black rings and three stunning red rings.

Before they could run away, Liao Suyin trapped them in her webs. Fourth spirit skill, Tarantula Web, launched.

"Fifth spirit skill, Heavenly Lion Red Atmosphere!"

"First spirit skill, Clear Crystal Scatter!"

Restrained by Gu Xingyun's gravity increase skill and Ru Shenqi's disorienting skill, these three vulgar men stood no chance at all.

Ming Yong began a tune on his qin. Fourth spirit skill, Dragon Qin Feathers, launched.

Seven short strips of qin strings shot out, flying towards the three men. Bai Shanxin boosted the speed with her Air Strike. Shu Jiaxiang shot forward and swiped at them with her second spirit skill.

When the men cried out and begged for mercy on their knees, the Shrek Six Tyrants parted for Ru Shenqi. She approached them and squatted down in front of them.

"We will let you go today. But if us Shrek Seven Tyrants ever see you again... we will not be so lenient."

To scare them, she used her second spirit skill to transform their appearances, making them old, grey, and wrinkly men. When they saw each other, they screamed and ran.

The other Tyrants chuckled. "Xiao Shen, it seems you're still a holy terror."

She stood up and smiled at them. "Of course, I'm Hell's Little Empress."

"Let's go," Bai Shanxin said. "Otherwise, Vice Sect Leader Ma will wonder where we've gone."

The others agreed, and they returned to the hotel.

As they entered, a not-pleased Ma Hongjun sat waiting for them. "You've clearly chosen to make a name for yourselves already."

They froze.

Shu Jiaxiang explained, "We were stopped by some evil men with evil intentions. What else were we supposed to do?"

Ma Hongjun's eyebrows furrowed. Bu Le and his cronies? No, it can't be... Qian Renxue dealt with them.

"Did you kill them?"

Ru Shenqi shook her head. "We left them alive... with a warning."

"Good. It's not time for you children to kill yet. I know two of you have already been exposed to killing, but not everyone here has. It's good you know moderation. Now, go on. It's late. We need to set off early tomorrow."

"Yes, Vice Sect Leader Ma."

The eight of them headed up the stairs and split into three rooms. Ma Hongjun had his own, while the girls and guys shared separately.

<><><>

The next morning, they set off early.

"Xiao Shen, what's Vast Sea City like?" Shu Jiaxiang asked. "I've never seen the sea before!"

The others nodded. "What's it like?"

"The salty air will hit you, and you might not like it at the beginning. Vast Sea City is the largest port city in Heaven Dou Empire, so it's about the size of Suotuo City. There's a Lord Spirit Hall and a Spirit Arena. There's also the port where you can watch the ships come in. The buildings are different colors from those in Heaven Dou City. They're brighter, bluer, and whiter. Much more sea oriented. I will warn you, Ocean Spirit Masters are tyrannical. In water, their strength is supreme. In contrast, land spirit masters show their best strength on land. Oh, and one more thing. Do not disrespect the Sea God, who happens to be Sect Leader. To Ocean Spirit Masters, the Sea God is a faith. One that every Ocean spirit master follows."

The other six looked at each other. "Xiao Shen, you grew up very differently from the rest of us."

Her eyes saddened as she thought of her parents. Mom, Dad, I'm coming home. I'm finally going back to Vast Sea City.

Gu Xingyun wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "Don't be sad. You have us. We'll always be your family."

She nodded as tears came to her eyes.

"Oh, Xiao Shen," the others murmured.

The flood of tears came as she finally broke down. Ma Hongjun turned around to see all six comforting her.

Their unity is good. If they can stay this attuned with each other, no one will be able to break them apart. San Ge, is this your plan?

Unbeknownst to Ru Shenqi, over the past five years, Tang San had conducted extensive research on Ru Zuanshi's background. He had found that she had originally come from Haishen Island, like his disciple Ji Xiang. Hailing from Sea Dragon City, Ru Zuanshi was a genius amongst her peers. She had taken the Sea God's Challenge and gained the top-tier black level test, worthy of succeeding one of the Seven Children of the Sea God. Whereas the Seahorse Douluo had taken forty years to complete his trials, she had only taken nine years. A tyranny not seen since Sea God Douluo Bo Saixi.

Tang San had once wondered how she hadn't gained the red top-tier level test, but figured it was because Poseidon had been waiting for Ning Rongrong and Xiao Wu.

But after having learned of Ru Zuanshi's background, he realized how she had become a Limit Douluo so young. He also knew her daughter was on the way to surpassing her. From his research, Ru Zuanshi had become a Limit Douluo at twenty seven. He had become a Limit Douluo at twenty six, just barely beating her. But Ru Shenqi was a level seventy eight Spirit Sage at seventeen years old. If she passed the Sea God's Challenge, she might emerge as the youngest Title Douluo the continent has ever seen.

Ma Hongjun shook his head. San Ge, do you think these Shrek Seven Tyrants are ready for Haishen Island?

Inside the carriage, Ru Shenqi finally calmed down. "I hope you call can meet Headmaster Bing and Teacher Cang. They were so kind to me when I studied at Vast Sea City Primary Academy. I promised them that I'd return one day and show them how strong I've gotten."

"We'll definitely go with you, Xiao Shen," Ming Yong promised.

She smiled.

<><><>

As evening rolled around, Ma Hongjun suddenly stopped the horses. Sticking her head out to see, Ru Shenqi gasped. The other Six Tyrants' eyes all widened.

On the horizon, flames rose up from behind magnificent white walls. Screams of horror echoed in the air. All eight could smell the smoke as the sea breeze sent it their way.

Vast Sea City was burning.

4