67. Saving Vast Sea City
200 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Shanxin, go have a look."

Bai Shanxin nodded and took off. As a pure Agility Type Spirit Master, and a member of the Speed Hall of Tang Sect, her scouting skills were superb. She came back after a few moments and sighed.

"It's Spirit Empire. They're attacking the city."

"The Ocean spirit masters should be able to hold their own though!" Ru Shenqi cried. "What's happened?"

"It looks like Spirit Empire entered under an ambush."

Ru Shenqi clenched her fists. "No matter what, Vast Sea City is where I come from. I won't let it burn."

Ma Hongjun watched as the seven youths took off. He released his spirit and flew towards the city walls as well. As they approached, Ru Shenqi launched her seventh spirit skill. Her body became crystalline, and her vision heightened.

She scanned the crowd. Her eyes caught on seven figures leading the fight.

It's them!

Fury raged within her.

"Xiao Shen?" the others asked, worried.

Slaughter intent and her heinous spirit surged in her eyes. "Xingyun, I need your domain."

He nodded, and their voices blended into one. "Death God Domain, Demon Assault!"

Demon Assault, the best attack feature of the Death God Domain, exploded from them. It went flying down into Vast Sea City and spread through the streets. The Shrek Seven Tyrants barged into the city. Shu Jiaxiang and Liao Suyin shot off, taking out low-ranking spirit masters. Bai Shanxin scouted from above, keeping an eye on Spirit Empire's movements. Fang Youyou and Ming Yong met up with the Ocean Spirit Masters to begin a counter plan. Gu Xingyun and Ru Shenqi blazed their way down the main thoroughfare, heading straight for the seven figures fighting in front of the Spirit Arena.

As they approached, Ru Shenqi roared, "GET OUT OF VAST SEA CITY!"

Her fifth spirit skill, Clear Crystal Myriad Flames, launched. Gu Xingyun launched his second spirit skill, increasing his attributes. Then, he simultaneously launched his third and fourth spirit skills. He rammed forward and struck out with his claws.

"Ultimate Darkness Straight Line!" A straight line of fire surged from Ru Shenqi, finally catching the attention of the seven.

They gaped.

"Third spirit skill, Clear Crystal Armor. Fourth spirit skill, Clear Crystal Time!"

After protecting herself and Gu Xingyun, she slowed time. Gu Xingyun launched his fifth spirit skill, increasing the gravity around them. At this point, the seven leaders from Spirit Empire were almost completely restricted.

"Shrek Academy," they growled.

Ru Shenqi and Gu Xingyun approached them. "It looks like we meet again. Shall we see how the Platinum Generation has improved over five years?"

Indeed, the seven leading the assault on Vast Sea City was none other than Spirit Empire's Platinum Generation.

Not giving the Platinum Generation any time to answer, Gu Xingyun already summoned his halberd. Ru Shenqi activated her Jester Tarsier King right arm bone. Using her White Wolf Emperor left leg bone, she shot forward and struck with her claws. The halberd went flying towards Duan Zheliang, enhanced by a new lockdown ability.

Duan Zheliang's Ink Brush appeared in his hand, and his eyes narrowed. He just barely managed to evade the King Tiger Halberd. The other six turned towards the two strongest Shrek Tyrants.

"Xiao Nuhuang, Crown Prince Gu Xingyun," they growled.

Before they had left, Yu Xiaogang had warned Ru Shenqi to keep her alias. If they met with Spirit Empire, she was not to reveal her parentage just yet. That would be for when they returned to Heaven Dou City.

She raised her chin haughtily. "Platinum Generation, you can't be more tyrannical than the Shrek Seven Tyrants. As we speak, the other Tyrants are taking care of your troops. We're all Spirit Emperors or higher now. Can we still be underestimated?"

Mu Jingmu seethed. "You may have defeated us in the Advanced Spirit Master Grand Competition. But five years have gone by. Now, the lowest of us is at the sixty third level!"

Gu Xingyun scoffed, "And what are your ranks?"

"Mu Jingmu, spirit Devil Blood Tiger, sixty fourth ranked Power Attack System Battle Spirit Master."

"Ye Zhuwei, spirit Fury Craze Gorilla, sixty fourth ranked Power Attack System Battle Spirit Master."

"Zuo Dongmei, spirit Titan Panda, sixty fifth ranked Power Attack System Battle Spirit Master."

"Ruo Yingyue, spirit Silver Hexagon Ring, sixty third ranked Control System Battle Spirit Master."

"Sun Tianzhao, spirit Radiation Halo, sixty sixth ranked Auxiliary System and Power Attack System Battle Spirit Master."

"Duan Zheliang, spirit Ink Brush, sixty seventh ranked Agility Attack System Battle Spirit Master."

"Li Xiurong, spirit Demon Spirit Bow, sixty third ranked Agility Attack System Battle Spirit Master."

Ru Shenqi snorted. "Such low ranks."

"What's your team at?" Li Xiurong spat. "You can't be that much higher than us!"

"Gu Xingyun, spirit Golden Heavenly Lion, seventieth ranked Power Attack System Battle Spirit Master."

After cultivating on the ride to Vast Sea City, Gu Xingyun had broken through to the next rank. He was just lacking a suitable spirit beast.

The Platinum Generation's faces blanched. If he's already a Spirit Saint, how close are the others to the seventieth rank?

"Xiao Nuhuang, spirit Clear Crystal Eyes, seventy ninth ranked Control System Battle Spirit Master."

"Such little progress?" Sun Tianzhao taunted.

"You try becoming a Spirit Saint and see how slow your cultivation is!" she snapped back, reminding them of the over ten level difference between her and them.

They shuddered.

Gu Xingyun continued, "Our friends are at the sixty fifth, sixty sixth, and sixty seventh ranks."

All of the Shrek Seven Tyrants, except Ru Shenqi, had been able to gain a rank during their journey, pleasing all of them. But they knew their future progression would become slower and slower.

Realizing that, on average, the Shrek Seven Tyrants were still more powerful than them, the Platinum Generation took an unconscious step back. Ru Shenqi shook her head and scoffed. Looking around her, her eyes saddened.

Mom, Dad, I'm sorry I couldn't protect our home.

With burning eyes, she waved Gu Xingyun back. Knowing her all to well, he hung back but also launched his fifth spirit skill. Under the gravity increase, the Platinum Generation became restricted once more. Ru Shenqi's seventh spirit ring lit up gloriously.

"Seventh spirit skill, Clear Crystal Eyes Spirit Avatar!"

Her skin became crystalline and resplendent. As she glowed, she called out, "Clear Crystal Domain!"

Horror filled the seven's eyes. They had hoped she wouldn't use this tyrannical innate domain, but alas... she did. As their senses slowly faded away, hatred filled their hearts.

Xiao Nuhuang, someday, Spirit Empire will destroy you!

Spirit Empire, when I become a Title Douluo, see how the world fears me! Ru Shenqi thought proudly.

In his heart, Gu Xingyun feared for his mei mei. He knew she could hold her own, but she was still the youngest of the Shrek Seven Tyrants. Wasn't his job as the eldest to be able to protect her or at least stand by her side?

When the others were completely drained, Ru Shenqi smirked. "Fifth spirit skill, secondary ability: Clear Crystal Annihilation!"

Countless purple bubbles spewed from her mouth. They flew towards the helpless Platinum Generation. Gu Xingyun summoned his King Tiger Halberd and threw it. It ramped up speed and power before piercing through each of the seven, not enough to kill, but enough to wound for a time.

Ru Shenqi recalled her domain. Just as Duan Zheliang, Li Xiurong, Zuo Dongmei, Mu Jingmu, Ye Zhuwei, Ruo Yingyue, and Sun Tianzhao recovered, the other five Tyrants appeared. With cold gazes, they all stared down Spirit Empire's Platinum Generation.

Ru Shenqi's ethereal and mesmerizing voice lilted, "If you wish to live another day, then take your troops and leave Vast Sea City. The Shrek Seven Tyrants are here to protect it. I, Xiao Nuhuang, will not give this merciful offer again."

Mu Jingmu, Zuo Dongmei, and Ye Zhuwei growled, ready to continue fighting. But Duan Zheliang wasn't the captain for nothing.

He held them back, muttering, "It's not worth it. The Ocean Spirit Masters are stronger than we thought anyways. Let's head back first and recuperate."

Li Xiurong, Ruo Yingyue, and Sun Tianzhao were also wiser and nodded in agreement. The three beast spirit masters grumbled but finally acquiesced. The Shrek Seven Tyrants watched as the Platinum Generation leapt up and ran over rooftops.

Duan Zheliang's voice trailed behind, "Troops! Fall back! Retreat!"

Spirit Empire slowly pulled out of Vast Sea City. Once they were gone and out of sight, Ma Hongjun appeared in front of the Shrek Seven Tyrants.

"You youths are too tyrannical. Just by yourselves, you've managed to send Spirit Empire running with their tails between their legs. Hahaha! Well done! San ge will be pleased with this report!"

Ru Shenqi swayed on her feet.

"Xiao Shen!"

Gu Xingyun caught her in his arms.

Weakly, she murmured, "I just used too much spirit power. I'll be fine though."

"Third spirit skill, Flowering Lotus Regrowth."

After being boosted by Fang Youyou, Ru Shenqi's complexion grew a little healthier. She perked up and became a bit more lively.

"Thanks, Youyou."

"Anytime, Xiao Shen."

She looked around and sighed. Buildings were on fire, and Ocean Spirit Masters were launching spirit skills to extinguish the flames.

"I didn't expect it to look like this when I finally returned."

The other six surrounded her and gave her comforting pats on the back. "We still made it in time. The city is still salvageable."

She nodded, stepped forward, and waved to them. "Come on, I want to go see if Headmaster Bing and Teacher Cang are still at Vast Sea City Primary Academy."

4