68. Vast Sea City Primary Academy
176 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The other Shrek Tyrants followed Ru Shenqi down the streets of Vast Sea City with Ma Hongjun lagging behind as protector. His orders from Tang San were clear: keep the Shrek Seven Tyrants safe until they've stepped foot on Haishen Island.

She led her friends over to a taller and not as scorched building. It was closer to the ocean and easier to defend. Ru Shenqi breathed in a big breath and sighed in content.

"It's been so long since I've smelled the sea. I've missed this."

The others curled their noses. "It's so... salty. And burnt."

Ru Shenqi snapped, "Well thing aren't supposed to be burnt! The sea is salt water. It should be salty. You'll get used to it eventually."

Turning around, her eyes caught on a familiar figure. Joy lit on her face.

"Respected Senior!" she cried out.

The older man turned around. Confusion flickered across his features as she approached.

"Young one, do I know you?"

"It's Xiao Shen, remember me? I had full innate spirit power and a Body Spirit."

Qing Qiangda's eyes widened. "Y- you're Xiao Shen?"

She beamed and nodded. Without any hesitation, she released her spirit. Her eyes flashed silver-white. Seven monstrous rings descended around her. Qing Qiangda's jaw dropped when he saw the three red century millennium year spirit rings.

"Already a Spirit Sage," he murmured. "Tell me, for I've grown older and forgotten, how old are you now, Xiao Shen?"

Grinning, Ru Shenqi replied, "In just a few months, I'll be turning eighteen."

He chuckled and shook his head. "You're really deserving of your name, Xiao Shen."

Tilting her head, she asked, "Respected Senior, do you not work for Spirit Empire anymore? Why are you helping the Ocean Spirit Masters and not fighting with Spirit Empire's Golden Generation?"

The other Tyrants' were shocked. This elder before them used to belong to Spirit Empire?! And he knew about Ru Shenqi's tyrannical spirit ring configuration from the beginning?! Even Ma Hongjun was stunned.

Qing Qiangda sighed, "I am already over sixty years old and just almost to the Spirit Emperor level. I am no use to Spirit Empire, not with their younger generation being so strong. So, I retired already and have devoted myself to Vast Sea City."

Ma Hongjun stepped forward, "Ahem, Xiao Shen."

Her eyes flashed, and she winced. "Sorry, I forgot to introduce to you my companions. Everyone, this is Qing Qiangda. He was the Spirit Master Spirit Empire had stationed here in vast Sea City when I first awakened my spirit and registered my first few ranks. Respected Senior, these are my friends. I shall introduce them to you, one by one."

He smiled in greeting before eyeing Ma Hongjun. "You're one of the Shrek Seven Devils, aren't you?"

Ma Hongjun nodded, proudly. "That's right! My spirit is the Evil Fire Phoenix!"

Ru Shenqi waved to her friends. "This is:

Liao Suyin, spirit Jade Poison Tarantula, sixty fifth ranked Power Attack System Battle Spirit Master

Shu Jiaxiang, spirit Shadow Cheetah, sixty fifth ranked Agility Attack System and Power Attack System Battle Spirit Master

Bai Shanxin, spirit Needle-Tailed Swift, sixty fifth ranked Agility Attack System Battle Spirit Master

Fang Youyou, spirit Rainbow Colored Flowering Lotus, sixty sixth ranked Auxiliary System Spirit Master

Ming Yong, spirit Seven Stringed Dragon Qin, sixty seventh ranked Spirit System Battle Spirit Master

Gu Xingyun, spirit Golden Heavenly Lion, seventieth ranked Power Attack System Battle Spirit Master

and I'm a seventy ninth ranked Control System Battle Spirit Master. We are known to the world as the Shrek Seven Tyrants."

Qing Qiangda gaped at the youths in front of him. They were all higher in spirit power than him! How couldn't he feel a twinge of jealousy. But he also knew that if they were able to stand by Ru Shenqi's side and fight with her, they'd also have to be fairly monstrous themselves. And they were.

He nodded towards them. "It's nice to meet you. It's good to see Xiao Shen has found some friends who can fight with her. Supreme Pontiff Hu Liena is trying to continue her Laoshi 's plan and take over the Continent. If you seven can help stop her, Douluo Continent will remember your names for eternity."

Just then, she heard a familiar voice, "Qing Qiangda, who are you speaking with?"

Ru Shenqi spun around. Her eyes widened as two figures exited the building and approached them. Using her White Wolf Emperor left leg bone, she sped over to them.

"HEADMASTER BING! TEACHER CANG!"

She nearly plowed right into them, but stopped just a few inches away. They gaped at her speed.

"Do you remember me? It's Xiao Shen."

Their eyes widened. "Xiao Shen?"

She nodded and released her spirit rings. Black, black, black, black, red, red, red. Her seven rings danced around her feet. After seeing the first two black, they had already recognized her. But after seeing her following configuration, pure shock filled their hearts.

Three century millennium year spirit rings?!

"Xiao Shen once promised herself that she'd return one day. Xiao Shen has returned now and saved Vast Sea City from Spirit Empire's Platinum Generation. Xiao Shen now has the strength to protect herself."

Cang Huaban nodded. "Good, good. That's what we hoped for."

Ru Shenqi motioned towards her friends and introduced them. After learning they were all Spirit Emperors, Cang Huaban and Bing Dadao were amazed.

"You youngsters are so strong so young! Truly students of the famous Shrek Academy! Even being escorted by one of the Shrek Seven Devils!"

Qing Qiangda nodded in agreement. "Yes, these kids defeated Spirit Empire's troops on their own, basically."

"Well done!" Bing Dadao cried. "Perhaps, if you Shrek Seven Tyrants have the time, you could give Vast Sea City an exhibition match? We don't normally see many Land Spirit Masters here."

Ru Shenqi smirked. "Against who? I remember Headmaster and Teacher's spirits are powerful."

Cang Huaban chuckled. "Your old peers."

Ru Shenqi's eyes widened. Her spine stiffened, and Gu Xingyun noticed right away. He was at her side in an instant.

"Xiao Shen, what is it?"

She had rarely spoken of her time in Vast Sea City Primary Academy save for her teachers. Even the other Tyrants didn't know about the bullying she suffered. She just shook her head sadly.

"It's nothing, Xingyun." Turning back towards Cang Huaban, she asked, "When?"

"We'll let you all recover first. Do you have time in a few days, after you've rested well enough?"

After Ru Shenqi's agreement, the other Shrek Six Tyrants all nodded as well. After all, they didn't know about Tang San's secret plan. And neither did the Golden Iron Triangle.

<><><>

"WHAT?!" Liu Erlong exploded as flames flickered around her body.

Seven figures were present in Flender's office in Shrek Academy. Bright moonlight shone on them, lighting the room. This group of people was precisely the Shrek Four Devils and the Golden Iron Triangle.

"Do you think they're ready for it?" Yu Xiaogang asked worriedly.

Tang San nodded. "They're stronger than we were when we first went to Haishen Island. And with Hu Liena making moves, it's time Heaven Dou Empire gained a few more Spirit Douluos to aid us. Even a Title Douluo. If Xiao Shen can stand it, her God Powers should release on Haishen Island. Sea Dragon Douluo is the strongest on the island and is it's leader until a new Head Flamen is chosen. By the Sea God's Challenges, it should be Rongrong, but... we can't afford to return to Haishen Island right now."

"What about Hongjun?" Flender wondered.

"He'll return to the continent after they've landed on the island. He's just there for safety measures while they stay in Vast Sea City. None of them know about their future journey to Haishen Island. I told Fatty to tell them when the time is right."

Xiao Wu rested her head on Tang San's shoulder. "Ge is smart. Based off of our absence, he's already calculated theirs."

Oscar nodded and added, "With the situation as it is now, Xiao Shen should still focus on cultivating first. San Ge wants them all to grow stronger before we plunge into battle with Spirit Empire again. Hu Liena is testing the waters, but not really intending any real invasion just yet. While she's hesitating, this is the best time for the Shrek Seven Tyrants to forge themselves on Haishen Island."

Tang San looked at Yu Xiaogang. "Laoshi, I also have another reason for sending Fatty with them to Haishen Island."

"What is it, Xiao San?"

"Us Shrek Seven Devils are friends with the hundred thousand year Demon Spirit Great White Shark King, Xiao Bai. I've ordered Fatty to ask Xiao Bai about Ru Zuanshi. Her past on Haishen Island is still fairly mysterious. If we can figure out more about her, then perhaps Xiao Shen's God powers will make more sense. We know nothing of her maternal lineage, which... coming from a Ocean Spirit Master, especially one born on Haishen Island, is a detriment."

Yu Xiaogang rubbed his chin, pondering his disciple's words. "You're right. Xiao Shen might be stronger than we think. She's descended from Ocean Spirit Masters, who, on average, have more powerful skills and abilities than Land Spirit Masters. Their dominance in the water can't be ignored either. For Xiao Shen to be a Land Spirit Master is odd, seeing as she received a mutant spirit from her mother. And if her spirit was granted by your predecessor, then what is Ru Zuanshi's true connection with Haishen Island? Who really is Ru Zuanshi?"

This was a question that had burned in Tang San's mind for a long time. With this chance finally, of course he wouldn't let it slip by.

"When Fatty comes back," Xiao Wu began. "We'll see then."

"We're hoping Xiao Bai knows something. We don't want to have to go up to each of the Seven Sea Douluos and find out from them," Ning Rongrong explained.

Flender chuckled. "Xiaogang, what are you worrying about? These Devils have it covered. They've grown up! They can even plan like you now!"

Liu Erlong hit him. "Of course they would! Xiao San is Xiaogang's disciple! If he didn't learn from him, would he be a bad disciple and an even worse Control System spirit master?!"

Embarrassed, Tang San awkwardly scratched at the back of his head. "Uh..."

"Mom," Xiao Wu cut in. "Ge has planned this all out over the past five years. He matured Xiao Shen specifically for the purpose of sending her to Haishen Island. There, she will learn the true meaning of strength and power."

4