73. Pirate’s Treasure
161 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Heaven Dou City...

A figure in blue walked under the entrance gate to Shrek Academy. On his arm was a woman in pink. They passed by students and headed into the main building, up the stairs. Standing before a closed door, the man in blue raised his hand and knocked.

"Eh? Who is it?" came a lazy voice.

"Dean Flender, is Laoshi here?"

"Xiao San, is that you?"

Indeed for who else could this couple in blue and pink be but Tang San and Xiao Wu?

The door opened to reveal a happy Flender. He waved the two in, and they saw Liu Erlong and Yu Xiaogang sitting on the sofa over to the right.

"Xiao San, what is it?" Yu Xiaogang asked as he stood.

"Ma Hongjun has sent word. He spoke to Xiao Bai and found out more about Xiao Shen."

After filling their teachers in, Tang San and Xiao Wu sighed.

"She's distantly related to that tyrannical power..." Yu Xiaogang breathed. "No wonder. No wonder."

"Xiaogang, what are you thinking?" Flender asked.

Liu Erlong looked at him curiously too.

"Let's not bother them for now. Xiao Shen needs to get stronger. If the seal on her God powers already broken once, it'll break again. When it does, she needs to be strong enough to handle it. The other Tyrants need to grow stronger to stand by her side and fight against Spirit Empire."

"Perhaps you haven't heard yet then, Laoshi-"

"Heard what, Xiao San?"

"Hu Liena has severed all ties with Xiao Nuhuang. She's ordered Storm Douluo and the Platinum Generation to find them and eradicate them from the Continent. It's good they've already left for Haishen Island. Otherwise... I fear they would have a very hard time."

Solemnity loomed over the five people in the office. As they all pondered their next steps, so too did another group of people in Heaven Dou Palace.

<><><>

Xue Beng sat at the round table, rubbing his temples. Stress had created deep circles under his eyes. Standing off to his right was an equally weary Ning Fengzhi and Chen Xin. On his left were Xue Xing and Xue Ke.

"King Lan Hao has said that Hu Liena's marching her army closer and closer to Balak Kingdom. She's putting pressure on Star Luo Empire as well," Ning Fengzhi reported.

Xue Xing sighed. "If only this war had been over when King Lan Hao killed Bibi Dong. But her damn disciples can't leave well enough alone!"

"The Golden Generation cannot be underestimated," Xue Beng cut in as he slowly stood. "They were raised and nurtured by Bibi Dong herself. They've even got seven new spirit masters to surpass them. There's no way they'll end this lightly."

Chen Xin murmured into Ning Fengzhi's ear. As Ning Fengzhi's eyes widened, Xue Beng sat up straighter.

"Clan Leader Ning, does Tang Sect have something on Spirit Empire?"

"My daughter heard from King Lan Hao that Spirit Empire's best has been sent out to kill the Shrek Seven Tyrants. Your Majesty, if I may jog your memory, that scary group of monsters is led by a Spirit Sage with an unbelievable spirit ring configuration."

Xue Beng's eyes widened. "Hu Liena's gone after them? Are they safe? I'll send men to watch them."

Ning Fengzhi smiled. "They're not on Douluo Continent. They should be safe."

Xue Ke's eyebrows furrowed. "They're not on Douluo Continent? Then where are they?"

Chen Xin smiled knowingly. "King Lan Hao is smart. He's sent them off to a place where they can grow stronger and be relatively safe. There's no need to worry, Your Highness. When the Shrek Seven Tyrants return, Heaven Dou Empire will have seven more champions. Just like before."

Ning Fengzhi, Xue Xing, Xue Ke, and Xue Beng nodded in satisfaction.

"That's good. We need all the help we can get to defeat Spirit Empire once and for all," Xue Beng spoke darkly. "They have been a stain on Douluo Continent for far too long."

<><><>

Purple Pearl Island...

The Shrek Seven Tyrants were packing up and preparing to return to the Dragon Abyss Boat. Ma Hongjun had gone ahead to prepare for the last stretch of their journey.

Just as Ru Shenqi was walking out of the hut, a purple figure appeared in front of her. "Come with me, Little God."

Eyebrows creasing, Ru Shenqi nodded. She followed Purple Pearl over to her residence. Inside, she looked around.

The room was lavishly decorated with trinkets and treasures. A fine carpet was spread over the wooden floor, and paintings hung from ropes strung up along the walls. Candelabras were sitting on tables, waiting to be lit at night.

"What does Senior Purple Pearl want with this junior?"

"I have something for you. It may help you on Haishen Island. I have no need of it, so I'd rather give it to you."

Purple Pearl scrambled about, searching for what was on her mind. "Where is it? Where is it? Where is it?"

Confused, Ru Shenqi stood back and watched as the eccentric woman dashed around her home. Finally, Purple Pearl laughed triumphantly.

"Aha! Found it!"

Gripped in her right hand, held proudly in the air, was a spirit bone.

"This came from a Divine Amber Seagull. It's a left arm bone."

Ru Shenqi smiled politely. "Unfortunately, I already have a spirit bone for the left arm. But one of my friends could use it."

"Then give it to them. I can't use it either."

Ru Shenqi nodded and took the spirit bone. Purple Pearl whipped around, looking for something else. When she pulled something else out, Ru Shenqi let out a low breath. In the pirate's hand was a tiara circlet. The metal was wreathed and made of Deep Sea Sunken Silver, and Mother-of-Pearls dropped from the metal in five places. Ru Shenqi's eyes widened.

"What is that?" she breathed in wonder.

Purple Pearl smirked and replied, "This is a magical item. I've had it for a long time. It's called Penta Divine Pearl Diadem1I'm not completely satisfied with this name, so it may or may not change in the future. Since I really have no use for it, I'll give it to you."

She handed it over to a stunned Ru Shenqi. Ru Shenqi carefully took it into her hands and gazed down at the magnificent piece of jewelry which started to glow brighter and brighter. "You said it was a magical item. What does it do?"

"It's magical in that it chooses its owner. It never chose me, so I wasn't able to figure out how to use it. It seems to have taken a liking to you. Perhaps it will let you be its owner and then you'll figure out its uses."

"Thank you, Senior Purple Pearl."

Purple Pearl waved it off. "No worries, no worries. Now run along, or otherwise your friends will wonder where you've gone."

Ru Shenqi nodded and put the Penta Divine Pearl Diadem away before taking off. Using her White Wolf Emperor left leg bone, she sped towards the beach in all haste. As she approached the Dragon Abyss Boat, the other Six Tyrants glanced down at her.

"Xiao Shen, where have you been?"

"Senior Purple Pearl wanted to speak with me. But we're all good now. Let's go."

She leapt up onto the deck and looked out at Purple Pearl Island. I wonder if we'll ever return here. Xingyun was right... they lead such free lives. If only the situation on Douluo Continent was like this.

"Everything alright?" Bai Shanxin walked up beside her and leaned against the railing.

"Yeah. I just wish everywhere could be this peaceful. I wonder what the Continent will be like when we return..."

An unreadable expression crossed Bai Shanxin's face. "It's hard to tell. But for now, we've got to focus on cultivating and becoming the strongest spirit masters we can be."

The others approached and nodded. "We're the Shrek Seven Tyrants. What can't we do?"

From up on the higher ledge, Ma Hongjun watched these juniors with pride in his eyes. They're good kids. They'll be the future of Douluo Continent after us Devils.

The Dragon Abyss Boat set off from Purple Pearl Island. As it sailed through the calm waters, a sense of peace washed over the Shrek Seven Tyrants.

They turned towards Ma Hongjun and asked, "Senior, what's Haishen Island like?"

"I won't spoil it, but Haishen Island is much different from the Continent. It's like a whole other world. I think you seven will like it very much."

They nodded in understanding. It was for them to experience for themselves and gain insight from their cultivation on Haishen Island. They were excited to see Haishen Island and also to grow stronger.

"Shanxin, come here."

Bai Shanxin walked over to Ma Hongjun who handed her a small pouch. "San Ge supplied this pouch with Oscar's Swift Flight Mushroom Sausages. There's plenty in here. For those of you who need to fly, these will help."

"Thank you, Senior."

After taking the pouch from Ma Hongjun, she returned to her friends' sides. As they conversed, Ru Shenqi slipped away. She headed below deck and pulled out the Penta Divine Pearl Diadem.

It glowed brightly in her hands before flying up and resting itself on her head. The magical tiara circlet felt comfortably warm and had a gentle countenance. Ru Shenqi closed her eyes and let the power wash over her. She could feel her spirit power combining with the power from the Penta Divine Pearl Diadem, slowly inching her closer to the eightieth rank threshold. The magical item tied itself to her, making it unable to become dislodged easily. As the glow died away, Ru Shenqi opened her eyes. She looked in the nearby mirror to check her appearance. The Penta Divine Pearl Diadem gave her a semblance of nobility. She looked more mature and graceful. The Mother-of-Pearls contrasted against her clear blue eyes nicely. The Deep Sea Sunken Silver stood out against her sea foam white hair and gave off a domineering aura.

"Xiao Shen? Is everything alright?" Liao Suyin had come down and poked her head into the room.

"Hmm? Oh, yes," Ru Shenqi replied, slightly distracted.

Liao Suyin walked over and noticed the new ornament. She gasped.

"It's so pretty. Where did you get that?"

"Purple Pearl gave it to me. She said it was a magical item. It seems to have chosen me as its owner."

"Oh? What can it do?"

Ru Shenqi shook her head. "As far as I can tell, there's three different functions of this Penta Divine Pearl Diadem. But I don't know exactly what they are just yet. I haven't studied it enough."

"Do you need help?"

"Maybe."

"Well, you have us Tyrants if you need us, Xiao Shen."

"I know. Suyin..."

"Hmm?"

"I've been waiting for the right time, but everything recently has been hectic. Back when Shanxin and I were returning to Heaven Dou City with Sect Leader and Laoshi, we stopped by Star Dou Great Forest. A sixty thousand year Demon Eyed Tarantula attacked us as we were leaving the forest. Sect Leader killed it, and it left behind a right leg spirit bone. According the Sect Leader, it grants flight capabilities, similar to his Blue Silver Emperor left leg bone. He let me hold onto it so that I could decide who to give it to in the future. Since you're the only one of us who doesn't yet have a spirit bone, and you can't fly without Senior Oscar's sausages, I think this Demon Eyed Tarantula right leg bone should go to you, Suyin."

Ru Shenqi held out a deep purple and black vertical spirit bone. Tears welled in Liao Suyin's eyes. Sure, she had been slightly jealous that the other Six Tyrants all had spirit bones. Ru Shenqi even had four already! But she had kept her jealousy to herself and was happy for her friends. But now that she, too, was getting a spirit bone, elation lit up her face.

"Xiao Shen, this means so much to me. Thank you."

"There's no need to thank me. We're family. Hurry up and absorb it. That way you can have it by the time we land on Haishen Island."

Without any further encouragement, Liao Suyin sat down and began to absorb the spirit bone. Ru Shenqi kept watch to make sure everything progressed smoothly. After half an hour, the dark purple light from the spirit bone faded. The spirit bone disappeared, having been fully absorbed. Liao Suyin opened her eyes and stood up.

"Xiao Shen, thanks to this spirit bone, I've increased another rank of spirit power. I'm now a sixty sixth ranked Spirit Emperor."

A grin spread across Ru Shenqi's face. "That's good. I'm glad. Let's go up and tell the others."

Liao Suyin nodded and went up with Ru Shenqi. After filling their companions in on everything, the other Five Tyrants all congratulated Liao Suyin. Even Ma Hongjun nodded, pleased.

"This is good. You Tyrants are still getting stronger. You will need each other on Haishen Island. Don't forget. You seven are one. Your closeness will aid you a great deal on Haishen Island, as it did for us Devils. We're almost there now, so it's time I stop. Your first challenge will be to step foot on Haishen Island on your own. From there, you will be guided by the Ocean Spirit Masters. We'll part here."

The seven bid goodbye to Ma Hongjun and turned towards the island up ahead. Bai Shanxin, Ru Shenqi, and Shu Jiaxiang stretched their wings and rose into the air. Liao Suyin's right leg bone emerged, and she lifted into the air as well. Gu Xingyun, Fang Youyou, and Ming Yong ate one of Oscar's Swift Flight Mushroom Sausages and flew up. Determination set in all seven pairs of eyes.

On Ru Shenqi's command, they shot away from the Dragon Abyss Boat. "Let's go. Haishen Island, here we come."

4