87. Sixth Trial, Challenge All Seven Sacred Pillar Guardians At Once
172 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Seven Sacred Pillar Guardians gaped. Xiao Bai was equally dumbstruck.

The Shrek Six Tyrants all laughed. "Xiao Shen really is a Little God!"

Ru Shenqi turned towards her friends. "Shall we see what the Sixth Trial is? It's the last one for Ming Yong, Bai Shanxin, Liao Suyin, Fang Youyou, and Shu Jiaxiang."

Her friends nodded, and they all closed their eyes. They checked their Sixth Trial. When they all opened their eyes, they turned to look at the Seven Sea Titled Douluos. Sea Dragon Douluo knew.

"Yes, your Sixth Trial is to hold out against all seven of us Titled Douluos for thirty minutes. We will fight out over the ocean."

"Eh?!" six youths cried.

Ru Shenqi, meanwhile, bit her lip, contemplating. If Sea Dragon Douluo uses his domain, we'll be really stuck.

Seeing her look, Sea Fantasy Douluo added, "We're choosing the ocean because we cannot use the power of the Sacred Pillars, once again, and nor can we use any spirit skill above the sixth. And since you all are land spirit masters, if we trap you in our domains, it will be impossible for any of you to break out, immunities or not."

Sea Witch Douluo smiled and reassured them, "As long as one of you seven remains able to fight at the end of the thirty minutes, you all will pass. Again, you have one year, but we will be waiting for you in five days."

Then, the Seven Sea Titled Douluos all disappeared. Xiao Bai bowed to the Shrek Seven Tyrants.

"My clansmen and I will escort you out to meet the Sacred Pillar Guardians when it's time."

Then, she also left, jumping into the sea and returning to her shark form. Fang Youyou turned towards Ru Shenqi.

"Do you have any limitations?"

She shook her head. "We don't want to waste time. We need to get back to Douluo Continent as soon as possible. Which means, ending this Trial quickly so Xingyun and I can finish our Seventh and my Eighth. Then, we'll all be done."

"You have a plan already, don't you, Xiao Shen?" Shu Jiaxiang asked.

Ru Shenqi smirked and nodded. "Of course. We've been holding back our trump card for so long now. Why don't we give these Sea Titled Douluos a taste of the Final battle from the Advanced Spirit Master Grand Competition?"

Realizing her intent, they nodded. She threw out the Dragon Abyss Boat, and it grew in the water.

"For the next five days, we'll plan and strategize here. We don't want any word getting out to any of the Douluos."

Her friends agreed, and they all leapt onto the boat.

<><><>

Five days later...

Xiao Bai and six of her clansmen came for the Shrek Seven Tyrants. They took them way out into the vast ocean where the Seven Titled Douluos were waiting. The Shrek Seven Tyrants were running out of Oscar's Swift Flight Mushroom Sausages, but the three guys each ate one. Then, all seven leapt up.

"Greetings, Seniors," they saluted and acknowledged.

Sea Dragon Douluo nodded. "Very well, it seems you all have recovered to your best states. Let's begin."

All fourteen spirit masters released their spirits at the same time. One hundred and twenty total spirit rings lit up the sky. Before the Seven Sacred Pillar Guardians could release any spirit skills, Ru Shenqi smirked.

"First spirit skill, Clear Crystal Scatter! Swift Demon Cougar skull bone skill, Swift Demon Attack!"

Waves of dizziness and mental attacks spread out from her, affecting the Seven Sea Titled Douluos, stunning them.

Gu Xingyun roared, "Eight spirit skill, Royal Heavenly Lion!"

After trapping the Sea Titled Douluos in his suppression, he nodded towards Ru Shenqi. Their voices blended together to roar, "Death God Domain, Evolved Skill: Demon Hell!"

Sea Dragon Douluo's eyes widened. They can even stack their Death God Domains?!

Everyone present could feel the coldness brimming from the eldest and youngest of the Shrek Seven Tyrants. Their heinous spirits and slaughter intent surged. Cries of agony and death echoed in the Seven Sacred Pillar Guardians and Demon Spirit Great White Sharks' ears. Ice covered the surface of the ocean.

"Break!" Ru Shenqi cried.

Her friends shot out, surrounding the Sea Titled Douluos. One thing that they weren't aware of, was the Shrek Seven Tyrants' teamwork and group spirit skills. When everyone was in position, Ru Shenqi's eyes flashed silver-white. Her seventh ring lit up as her body became crystalline. Fang Youyou's seventh and third spirit rings lit up also, just as he boosted everyone to the max. Then, Ru Shenqi's sixth spirit ring lit up.

"Sixth spirit skill, Clear Crystal Pack Hunt!"

All Seven Tyrants became swallowed up by bright pillars of pure spirit power. Xiao Bai's eyes widened. The Seven Sacred Pillar Guardians shared one unanimous thought.

A CROWD ATTACK SKILL?!

The seven pillars converged into one steadily growing ball of spirit power. Ru Shenqi waited until the most opportune time.

Finally, she finished, "PACK HOWL!"

The ball of spirit power exploded into seven different rays, each one shooting towards a Sea Titled Douluo. Their eyes widened in horror. When the rays hit, the seven got thrown backwards. Xiao Bai gasped.

Ru Shenqi was unwilling to give up their advantage. Before the light dissipated, she cried, "Thousand Heavens!"

Shu Jiaxiang and Liao Suyin hovered next to each other, launching their seventh spirit skills. Gu Xingyun and Bai Shanxin appeared at each other's sides, launching their seventh spirit skills. Ru Shenqi and Ming Yong got together, launching their seventh spirit skills, while Fang Youyou released his second spirit skill. After rejuvenating his friends fully, he lowered to the icy surface and stood back, releasing his seventh spirit skill. After everyone's attributes increased by one hundred percent, and his by two hundred percent, Ru Shenqi's Penta Divine Pearl Diadem glowed brightly.

"Divine Pearl Sea Life!"

All of the Shrek Seven Tyrants' fatigue disappeared in a moment as they grew stronger. Their attack power increased by another one hundred percent. Seeing them boosting themselves greatly, Xiao Bai and the Seven Sacred Pillar Guardians knew something was wrong.

What is this? What are they planning?

Ru Shenqi's lilting, ethereal, captivating voice rang out, "Seniors, please forgive us for any offense. Without our trump card, how could we beat Titled Douluo Ocean Spirit Masters on their own turf?"

But then, she added, "The Godly Gong Shakes a Thousand Heavens!"

Six auras surged... and merged.

This was their plan. The same plan they had when they faced the Platinum Generation from Spirit Empire. Take the advantage and show them the power of monsters.

A five meter tall and three meter long, shadowy, tarantula apparition formed around Shu Jiaxiang and Liao Suyin. Their voices blended to say, "Shadow Jade Tarantula!"

A three meter tall and one meter long, golden feathered, needle-tailed swift apparition formed around Gu Xingyun and Bai Shanxin. Their voices blended to say, "Golden Heavenly Swift!"

A eight meter tall, crystalline, human apparition playing a crystal qin formed around Ru Shenqi and Ming Yong. Their voices blended to say, "Clear Crystal Dragon Qin!"

Xiao Bai breathed in disbelief, "Three spirit fusion abilities. IT'S REALLY THREE SPIRIT FUSION ABILITIES!"

Indeed, the Shrek Six Tyrants had formed three spirit fusion abilities.

"Shadow Jade Tarantula Eight Strikes!"

"Golden Heavenly Swift Sudden Rush!"

"Clear Crystal Dragon Qin Seven Point Trap!"

The Shadow Jade Tarantula shot forward at the Shadow Cheetah's speed. Its eight jade legs shot out, striking towards the Seven Sacred Pillar Guardians. The Golden Heavenly Swift flew forward at the Needle-Tailed Swift's speed. It let out a screech with a debilitating effect; this skill was the combination of Gu Xingyun's gravity increase skill and Bai Shanxin's debilitating screech skill. Though they were out over the ocean, the Seven Sea Titled Douluos didn't stand a chance. They were restricted completely, basically frozen by the hyper-powered gravity increase skill. As the eight legs of the Shadow Jade Tarantula came closer, dread filled their hearts.

This is a slaughter!

Just then, the crystalline figure began to play the qin. A resounding melody drifted out. Seven pillars rose up around the Sea Dragon Douluo, the Sea Lance Douluo, the Sea Fantasy Douluo, the Seahorse Douluo, the Sea Star Douluo, the Sea Ghost Douluo, and the Sea Witch Douluo. A barrier spread from one pillar to the next, trapping them inside. The only way out... was up. And up wasn't an option due to the coordination from the Golden Heavenly Swift.

"AIYA!!!!!!! THIS IS TOO MUCH!!!! HOW CAN THERE BE THREE SPIRIT FUSION ABILITIES IN THIS GROUP?!?!?!?! AND THEY'RE ALL SO TYRANNICAL!!!!" the Demon Spirit Great White Sharks cried in dismay.

The eight legs hit their targets. A surge of poison combined from both Liao Suyin and Shu Jiaxiang numbed the Seven Sacred Pillar Guardians. They sat in the lotus position in the air, beginning to meditate, trying to dispel the toxins from their bodies. But the three spirit fusion abilities weren't done giving surprises.

"A Thousand Heavens Rules All!" seven voices blended as the three spirit fusion apparitions and a spinning Lotus came together. Swirls of spirit power surrounded them. When a ten meter tall and five meter long beast appeared, Xiao Bai and her clansmen gasped in shock.

This new apparition had a crystalline overlay with a slight rainbow hue, golden wings, four legs with sharp white claws, golden lion tail and cheetah ears. Striped around its midsection were seven white lines, resembling Ming Yong's seven strings.

This strange beast was a combination of all Shrek Seven Tyrants. This was a true Seven-In-One spirit fusion ability.

"Shrek Tyrants Seven-In-One!"

A combination of their strongest spirit skills launched. Horror filled the eyes of the Seven Sea Titled Douluos.

In the past, when they had launched the Shrek Tyrants Seven-In-One, only Ru Shenqi had been a Spirit Sage and the others were Spirit Kings. But now, Ru Shenqi was a Titled Douluo and the others were Spirit Douluos. Of course, their attack had massively improved and their understanding with each other had grown even more. There was absolutely no way for the Seven Sacred Pillar Guardians to defend themselves. The Sea Dragon Douluo hopelessly launched his fifth spirit skill, to shield him and his companions. The Sea Star Douluo launched his eighth spirit skill, Swallow, to absorb the Shrek Seven Tyrants' spirit power, but he only got backlash in return. When the Shrek Tyrants Seven-In-One attack hit, all Seven Titled Douluos got knocked into the ocean.

The Shrek Seven Tyrants broke apart and returned to the backs of Xiao Bai and her clansmen.

"I'm glad you seven freaks didn't use that fusion ability against me. Look what you've done to the Seven Sacred Pillar Guardians!" she cried.

"Xiao Bai," Ru Shenqi began. "We wanted to save our fusion abilities for the very end. Bai Shanxin, Ming Yong, Shu Jiaxiang, Fang Youyou, and Liao Suyin are done after this Trial. If we revealed our fusion abilities when we during our Fourth Trial, wouldn't the Sea Titled Douluos then know about them and be able to plan ahead? Back then, this was how we defeated the Platinum Generation from Spirit Empire in the Advanced Spirit Master Grand Competition."

Just as she finished speaking, the majestic voice proclaimed:

"Bai Shanxin, Liao Suyin, Shu Jiaxiang, Fang Youyou, Ming Yong. Sixth Trial, Challenge All Seven Sacred Pillar Guardians At Once, completed. Black Level Six Award: superimposed reward of spirit power increase by one rank. Black Level Six Test Fully completed. You are specially awarded Black Level Authority on Haishen Island. Completion award: one God Bestowed Spirit Ring."

The Black hexagrams disappeared off of their foreheads. Five pearls appeared and descended towards them. They took the God Bestowed Spirit Rings, their eyes alight with joy.

The voice continued, "Gu Xingyun. Sixth Trial, Challenge All Seven Sacred Pillar Guardians At Once, completed. Red Level Seven Award: spirit power increased two ranks, seventh spirit ring advanced by five thousand years."

Six pairs of eyes stared at Gu Xingyun. Shock was plastered all over his face. Ru Shenqi was the first to clap him on the back.

"Nice! Your Spirit Avatar should be more powerful now! Perhaps, after we finish our seventh trial, you'll get another advancement on your spirit ring!"

The other Tyrants joined in on the cheers until the majestic voice spoke once more.

"Ru Shenqi used her intelligence and capabilities to pass the test above expectations. Sixth Trial, Challenge All Seven Sacred Pillar Guardians At Once, completed. Red Level Eight Award: superimposed spirit power increase two ranks, second spirit awakening."

Two more spirit power ranks. The Shrek Six Tyrants gaped.

"Xiao Shen, you're a Limit Douluo!" they exclaimed.

She suddenly lifted into the air. Silver-white light wrapped around her in a cocoon. The Shrek Six Tyrants turned to look at the Seven Sacred Pillar Guardians who were shooting up out of the water. They gaped at the sight before them.

Finally, Sea Dragon Douluo recovered, "We'll stay here and keep watch over your friend. Xiao Bai Bai, take the other six back to Sea Witch City."

Xiao Bai bowed her head. "As you say."

She and her clansmen took the Shrek Six Tyrants back. When they hopped off and returned to the Lord's Mansion, Su Jiaxiang, Fang Youyou, Liao Suyin, Ming Yong, and Bai Shanxin sat down in the common area and began to absorb their God Bestowed Spirit Rings. Gu Xingyun sat with them and closed his eyes, beginning to cultivate.

<><><>

Suotuo City, Balak Kingdom, Heaven Dou Empire.

The flag of Heaven Dou Empire fell as the flag of Spirit Empire raised. Two young men and a young woman were kneeling before Hu Liena. Xie Yue and Yan had their spirit ready to attack if the three thought about revolting. Hu Liena glared at them.

"Magistrate Liao, you and your family has been fighting against Spirit Empire for a long time now. Surely, you see how your useless hope has made your people here in Suotuo City suffer?"

Liao Shizheng1廖示正 – given name meaning "Upright", the Magistrate of Suotuo City and Liao Suyin's eldest brother, replied coldly, "The ones making people suffer are Spirit Empire."

Yan had nearly lost his temper. "Nana, why do you still even bother with them?! Let's just kill them already!"

But Hu Liena held up a hand. She leaned forward, smirking. "I want to wait and make them watch as I kill their sister. She and the other Shrek Tyrants still haven't been found. Storm Douluo, Peacock Douluo, and Gilded Umbrella Douluo are still missing, along with the Platinum Generation. Until they're found and the Shrek Seven Tyrants are brought to justice, I will wait to kill their families. Let them watch as those Shrek freaks die first."

Liao Shizheng and his younger siblings shuddered. They silently prayed that their sister was strong enough to defeat Spirit Empire and save Suotuo City.

Meanwhile, Shu Jiaxiang's family was trapped by a few Flamens of Spirit Empire. They, too, were being taunted with her imminent death. A scout from the Speed Hall saw all of this. She took off and headed for Heaven Dou City with all haste to report.

<><><>

After two weeks, an explosion of silver-white light lit up the evening sky over the ocean. The Seven Sea Titled Douluos shielded their eyes from the brightness. When the light died away, Ru Shenqi stood there in the middle. Her beauty had increased even more, and her body had toned further. Her hair remained sea-foam white, and her eyes were still ocean blue. But she held the air of a calm and collected individual, just like Bo Saixi.

The Seven Sacred Pillar Guardians couldn't help but bow respectfully. She waved at them, indicating they could straighten. They took her back to Haishen Island and dropped her off at Sea Witch City.

Before he left, Sea Dragon Douluo said to her, "In a few days, bring Gu Xingyun to Haishen Hall. There, your seventh test will take place."

Curiosity filled her. Ru Shenqi hadn't checked her Seventh yet. Before she entered the Lord's Mansion, her eyes closed. She peeked at the last screen.

Seventh Trial, Retrieve the Golden Scepter.

Her eyes opened as she frowned. Retrieve the Golden Scepter. There was no elaboration. Just those few words.

What does it mean, Retrieve the Golden Scepter?

5