01: Character Creation
52 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What the hell with that presentation?" said Vicious, the segment where they were supposed to have presented their team had just passed. "It would have been better if that shit host had omitted us and now, Damn! Now I'm angry"

He was in his isolation capsule and from there he did not expect he would not leave in a long time. At the beginning of the character creation phase, total immersion would begin and his body would be left in a comatose state under the care of the machinery that would feed him and help his body to stay optimal thanks to the same technological advances that made the game possible. Being able to intercept, interpret, interrupt and redirect brain waves control of a character in virtual reality is possible, however, until today the use and application of it was limited because the body was inert and the long duration of the simulations was harmful in the long term and —although health could be maintained with periodic breaks— the various side effects that caused discomfort in the user were quite annoying; now they are a thing of the past. With the isolation capsules not only memory and actions are transmitted to the game, actions are also generated for the body to perform during its stay in the game. Things like walking, stretching, eating, blinking and even practicing Yoga are the things that this advance allows. Most doctors who favor the use of this mechanism believe that the health of many people would benefit from exercising without being aware of being in the network or a game.

However, the capsules in which the players were still not fully activated yet. To be capable to observe the presentation Vicious had to observe a screen inside of it, angry and frustrated for not being able to communicate with his colleagues who should, according to what he believed be equal or more outraged with the abuse. When the systems of the capsule were activated, he was glad for a miserable moment, since when he activated, the character creation phase began and he found himself in a lonely gray place that little by little became a fifteenth century tavern with a single table of old wood.

"Welcome, Vicious, to the creation room, please take a seat at the Dungeon Master's table," said a voice that came from nowhere.

With a scowl he approached the table and laid his butt on a wooden chair that appeared on the spot. When he sat down a list was displayed on the table. It stated that now he was going to the continent called Karnelön. That his goal there was to explore the area and fulfill other missions granted by the Asmart Exploration Committee. That he had been chosen among the different inhabitants of the continent due to his capacity and his previous knowledge, because he is one of the few beings recognized for having reincarnated in this world and coming from an earlier one with some general knowledge.

"What the hell, then we are characters from those Chinese series that Virtual likes so much," he muttered irritably, "so what, will we kill the demon king or will we be the best exploration group in the country or such a stupid thing? I must give this room to any other idiot"

"Please Vicious, take these dice and declare your skills and abilities." When pronouncing those words three dice of six faces fell on the table and a floating knife marked the word Force in a corner. "The first quality that will be determined will be your Strength, that is, the muscular quality and power of your body"

"Do not say obvious things"

He reached out and grabbed the dice, shook them a little and threw them on the table. In his mind was the idea that it would be easy to get good numbers, when the dice fell he saw that the faces were different from the usual; the scale was not from one to six but from 0.5 to 3. The first die fell with the top face at the maximum giving a beautiful +3, the other two got +2 and +2.5 respectively. They added in a good +7.5 that; according to his knowledge about school probability, he was higher than average. He smirked for a second until he saw how a huge red -5 hit his beautiful number by removing more than half and leaving just +2.5.

The knife floated swiftly and with a pair of furious cuts he wrote +2.5 next to the title. Vicious frowned for a second as he remembered a little of the lightning rules they had been told before entering the capsules in less than five minutes and on their way to them. Soon he breathed three times and very deeply when he realized thanks to previous concepts of game designs that he had studied in the last year that the big numbers before turned out to be an annoyance at the time where paper was still being cut by trees.

"They could well ignore the least five, what first impression shit"

He grabbed the dice again and aggressively relaunched them after seeing how the knife determined that the next statistic was called Dexterity, aware of the mathematics the numbers jumped to his head as they rolled the six-sided dice.

"Considering that the usual average of a d6 tends to be 4 and these dice are listed in a similar way I guess that would say that in these is a 2" He smiled arrogantly for a second as he felt smarter than anyone to understand how it worked system, because in his mind he could not stop imagining the suffering that some of his companions should have to not know what to expect at the time of rolling the dice. Expression that twisted into a huge tantrum with the result.

"What the hell is wrong with these crap dice!" exclaimed observing the pathetic +2, +1 and +0.5 that together were not more than +3.5. "The average convict is supposed to be 6 or 5, why the hell is reality less likely to touch me?!"

And his face worsened when he saw the bloodthirsty -5 appear and destroy his hopes of being a fast character leaving a resounding -1.5. He picked up the dice one by one, breathing in the rhythm that his psychologist had taught him to calm down, but! He felt like sending to hell the algorithm of probabilities that so blatantly ruined one of his labels as a professional player.

He saw reluctantly as the knife wrote as if nothing had happened. The Constitution title caught his attention, surely that would be the biggest factor for which his health would be affected recurrently in the game, and although it was not his style, with a poor Dexterity it seemed better to choose to become a wall with legs having no chance to be a murderer.

He threw the dice.

The verbiage of profanity that he uttered threatening to kill Belal had to be censored from the live one because of obscenities bordering on racism and reminiscent of a burning of people that occurred millennia ago.

+2

+1

+2

Those poor numbers did not give any fight against the -5 that devoured them as a dessert.

Vicious placed his hands on his head and began to massage his throbbing vein. He read the warning that was sent by the producers about his comments and already disappointed with the bad fortune decided to throw the dice without expecting anything more than have the opportunity to become some kind of living being who may walk and interact with others who are mentally retarded.

"At least I'll know what it's like to be Vertical" he thought to relax, sighed and threw the dice discouraged.

Intelligence +3 +2 +1 -5 = +1

Wisdom +1.5 +1.5 +1.5 -5 = -0.5

Charisma +3 +3 +3 -5 = +4

He raised his arms to the sky when he saw that one of his statistics alleviated —just a little— the pain of the other results. At the end of the knife disappeared and on the table appeared a holographic search engine with its respective typed.

"Do you want to see the recommendations, user Vicious?" said the voice of the system.

He stopped a second and scratched his chin; it was obvious that the only viable option in this game in the middle ages with his numbers was to become a kind of clown or musician. Rock or Metal could alleviate that aspect; however, like a flash an idea separated the others.

"With these numbers I'm supposed to be someone with some muscle, clumsy, sickly who is barely aware of what's going on around him and the only thing that knows how to do well is to release fart jokes." He hit the table and with a hateful smile wrote that word he hated so much.

"I'm going to be a damn Anime main character," he said and the search engine did the rest.

———————————————————————————————————

In another simulated room; a classroom with a single desk, a blackboard and a piece of floating chalk was a girl with reddish hair dressed in a purple dress that waved her feet watching the pretty neon dice she held.

"Please killerSweet declare your skills and abilities"

"OK teacher," he said, releasing the dice on the small table, "are you supposed to be a teacher?" she picked up and rolled the dice again. "Is that strange, do the new ones receive classes on how to play or what the hell?" she said looking at the ceiling as he relaunched the dice. "Well Mario told me that he only had to follow instructions and then he would help me in the game." She repeated the shots twice more without paying attention to the chalk that was eating away at how fast he scored. "I wonder how much longer is going to happen to play, the other lasted two hours before starting to play and that filling some character data and I got bored and went to talk with Natsume." Just when she picked them up she released them.

"Do you want to see the recommendations, user KillerSweet?" said the system.

“Please”

With this response, several informative billboards that seemed to be made by elementary school children at their playground were displayed. In them they appeared different options of Classes, Races and Occupations but how she did not want to stop to read each one of her saw most of the corner and thanks to the images it was decided deciding for the most beautiful in each one of the categories.

"Are you sure these are your choices?" said the system.

“Yes!”

"From now on, until your last moment in the game you will be a foxgirl bard who worked as a Maid. Please say a name"

He thought for a second and said:

"I'll call myself Amanda Martin, so I will not get confused"

"Understood Amanda Martin, Welcome to Karnelön" said the voice accompanied by some lines of code that vanished the whole place including it. It is worth mentioning that he never saw his numbers.

———————————————————————————————————

Strenght +3 +2.5 +1.5 -5 = +2

Dexterity +2.5 +2 +2 -5 = +1.5

Constitution +3 +2 +1.5 -5 = +1.5

Intellingence +2 +2 +1 -5 = 0

Wisdom +3 +2 +2 -5 = +2

Charisma +1.5 +2.5 +2 -5 = +1

"Yes those are my results, considering how they play Natsume, Richard and Lucas and that the most certain thing is that Amanda falls into the obvious and be some generic class, to ensure the balance and that I will be able to foresee every possible enemy attack ... I must seem a little selfish. "

"Do you want to see recommendations, user Not Subaru?"

"No thanks, I will be a clairvoyant of the lunar-eyed race who earns his living as a bodyguard. My name will be Tsuzuki Tsuki and I want my first selectable ability of the class to be Preparation as well as having training in Acrobatics, Arcane, Insight, Investigation and Perception" said a young man wearing a blue and red suit of sports jacket and pants with black sneakers. "Oh, and do not forget to specifically place a Rapier as my weapon from my initial team"

After that, the surprise comments of the live were out of control and the bets made came down because of the millions of comments and withdrawals in complaint that he already knew in depth the game.

"Not for nothing did I win in the Metagame category," he said arrogantly, implying to the audience that he had an idea of how they had reacted. "It is not difficult to guess the system and the available personalization’s when you memorize everything" he clarified when was welcomed to the new world.

———————————————————————————————————

Greetings dear reader!

In this chapter you can see the first scrolls I made with the dice to create the characters. They will know the details when I present each of the 20 protagonists in action in the next chapters.

Remember that you can know more on Facebook about the next publication and, if you wish, you can donate and support me through my Niadd and Patreon pages looking for VersionXV.

Until the next chapter.

0