07: The detour
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"He passed out," said Wauf.

"What did you say?!" said the Elf still in Lee's arms.

"The sailor fainted!"

"What should we do with it?" Lee asked and relaxed the arms with which the Elf fell to face the floor. "We kill him?"

"But we need someone to steer the boat," said the Elf with his face against the wood.

"I'm going to throw it!" Wauf sat Regy on the wooden edge ready to push him to the ground.

"Wait, we have not decided what to do yet!" exclaimed Lee.

"Go ahead throw it!" Satoru said that until that moment he had been scratching his head. "I have an idea."

Wauf released Regy's body and Satoru caught him in his arms like a professional super-strength rescuer (19+1), laid him on the pole and crouched down. The Elf and Lee imitated him.

"Don´t get down yet, Wauf!" Satoru said and she stretched out her arm with her thumb raised.

"Good," Lee murmured, "what's your plan?"

"We don´t have much time, he told me that the course will not take us to the new continent," said the Elf.

"I will use my magic eyes." The irises of Satoru's eyes fluttered wildly and in a process that seemed painful they changed color to a brilliant gold that gave off a tenuous, hypnotic, warm light.

"Don´t look me in the eye" he said and proceeded to open the eyes of the unconscious Regy. He made sure they were making eye contact even though Regy's eyes were not synchronized and he increased the intensity of the golden glow.

"Now you're under my command, so get up before I wanna kill you."

Lee and the Elf waited with Satoru for five long seconds before a spasm from Regy surprised them.

"It seems your trick didn´t work." Bored the Elf gave up and moved away.

"I guess we'll have to think about something else." Lee slapped Satoru on the shoulder; he let out a sigh and threw Regy's face against the wood.

"I kill him?" Satoru drew his sword.

"Hey, don´t you dare kill him! I said I want to keep it!" Wauf roared. "We just have to wake him up when we go to disembark!"

"And how on earth are we going to find a way?!" Satoru replied.

"I'm thinking it!" Wauf climbed to the top of the post and took a long look around him hoping to see some dirt on the horizon.

Lee and the Elf went to check the hold, then went out eating some cookies and went into the captain's chamber for clues or guides on how to sail and left there wearing old and worn pirate hats —an old memory of the old friends of the captain— and still Wauf was desperately looking for solid ground (4+1). Satoru impatiently raised his sword, understood that killing him was perhaps a bad idea but it angered him to see him there, dejected and useless.

"At least I'm going to hurt him ugly," he mumbled but a hand came to rest on his head. He turned and found Afkage the orc offering his great ax kindly. "Thank you." He bowed his head and took the ax.

"This is your last chance, or you wake up at the count of three or I'll tear your legs out." Satoru prepared the blow. "One, three!"

"Stop!" shouted Wauf. "You can´t wait for a damn second! There's land over there!" He pointed his finger in the opposite direction of the sun. Afkage looked at Satoru with a smile and, raising and lowering his shoulders, asked him to return his ax.

"Seriously?!" Lee and the Elf ran to the helm. The Elf grabbed it and turned it a little in that direction.

"Like this or more?!" said Lee.

"Eh... Just a little more to the left!" And with that indication the Elf set the course as well as he could and the others approached him. They asked Wauf to stay on the mast to warn when they deviate, however, she was more worried that they would notice their white lie.

———————————————————————————————————

Every hour they spend without fighting or doing exhausting tasks they recover 1dPV+Con. If they are Sick or Hungry, regeneration is reduced by half and if they suffer from Serious Injuries they will recover only Con.

Regulations - Regeneration of natural life.

———————————————————————————————————

The sun joined the sea on the horizon and the light was scarce, the rudder was in the hands of Afkage the Orc that for half an hour had given its maximum to remain as still as he could, he did not understand what his companion told him but he supposed that imitating him would be enough; and since no one had spoken to him again he did not care at all. Satoru went to sleep in the ship's hold about seven hours ago, and Lee and the Elf had spent the afternoon rotating the work of steer- ing the ship all this time, and had played with the cards they found in the captain's room.

"I'm getting bored," Lee said stealing a card from the deck. "Do not you think we're barely moving?"

"I sincerely believe that the designers created a lousy start for this game, lock the players up the whole day on a boat, please, even I know that the water levels have never been good" replied the Elf stealing a letter.

 "They're not even attacking us with fish with wings or such ridiculousness."

In fact, if the ship had not changed the course they would have reached the new continent, specifically a small town that settled half a year ago, a nice semi-tropical place where an elderly man dedicated to hunting beasts and blacksmithing I was waiting for them to ask for different tasks. However, when you turn in that rough way you will now be lucky if you will at least reach one of the dozens of islands near the continent. Out of the simulation a programmer reluctantly gave him one of his most valuable Beast Combat cards to his smiling partner who scoffed and said "I told you that players never follow the plans, except those guys".

"Hey Wauf, how far are we from the earth?!" exclaimed the Elf, turning his face towards the mast, which moment Lee took advantage of to rush through the deck and exchange his cards for the best ones he could find. "Are you hearing me hairball ?!"

On the pole the wolf had been dozing for some time, her body reacted to the noise but only waved her leg and ear in small spasms.

"I'll go wake up that loose."

"Wait." said Lee. "Before that we solve this game once, remember that if I win you must call me Master from now on."

The Elf looked at his cards and sat down assured of his luck.

"In what you lose every time you get money or objects you will offer them to me, compared to you I need resources and not just my fists."

"Well, my Duel Time skill was activated and neither of you can retract, so show your hand."

The Elf revealed his letters and displayed a full house consisting of three nines and two kings. Immediately Lee smiled like a demon that had just tricked a stupid human and showed his house full of three aces and two kings. The Elf threw the cards at his face, now, Master and got up to go up the mast. At the base of it the sailor Regy little by little was waking up and opening his eyes was surprised to see the sunset in front. He tried to move, which was not because he was tied up.

"Oh, you didn´t die, that is good, in a moment I need you to take us to the ground." The Elf did not give him time to respond and without retention he used Regy's face as support to raise the mast.

"He- wai-" the poor man stammered. "Hell, this does not look good," he thought.

His confused heart was still hurt by the deaths of his friends, but in a way he was happy to stay alive and have managed to get these killers away from the Kokoto People. A tear slid down her face as she laughed low.

"Now that I think about it, they're perfect for that grumpy Old Man's job"

The Elf reached the top of the mast, observed the tender killing machine sleeping peacefully and with a gesture of tenderness cleared his throat and breathed deep to roar like thunder:

"STUPID DEGRADED RISE NOW OR I SWEAR THAT I PUT YOU A STRAP AND I LET YOU ROCK!"

From a jump Wauf woke up and almost fell off the mast if it is not because he changes shape and uses his hands to hold the edge.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"That's my phrase! How the hell do you fall asleep if you're who our eyes are ?!"

"Uh..."

The expression on her face showed her embarrassed, although she immediately became uneasy when she realized that her earlier lie would be disproved.

"We-well the truth is that as everything went well and the course was easy m-I got bored and fell asleep ..." A die came from his lying lips and blessed her with a 19 that thanks to his statistics became a 21 almost impossible to beat for his friend with sharp ears.

"You don´t have to stay like this anyway." The unconscious die that he threw almost managed to surpass hers (19-1). "It would be better if you do not sleep more," said the Elf, calmly descending the mast.

"Eh?"

Wauf did not believe what happened, looked around and there was nothing that looked like land in sight. She sighed relaxedly thanking the heavens that her friend had that terrible score in perception that haunts him in all the games and in real life. But he became uneasy again when he realized that he still did not see land to go to.

"Demons, demons, demons! What will happen to us if we don´t land?! Are we going to be stuck in the middle of the sea?! I don´t want to eat fish for the rest of my life! "

She sweated cold.

"I don´t like fish!"

"No, please don´t step me on the-!"

She heard that scream and leaned over the edge, was glad to see that her pet was alive and that no one had ripped off her limbs; however, he was thrilled to have the help he needed. He looked at his companions like a stalker.

"All right."

At that time he undertook a mission of stealth and the dice gave him a decent 10 that with his skills was transformed into a 15 that allowed him to go down without attracting anyone's attention until he was on top of Regy.

"Please don´t make any noise," she whispered in her ear causing chills. "I really need your help."

"Why should I help you?"

"There are a lot of reasons, don´t be gross and think it alone." Wauf brought his rapier to Regy's neck. "The thing is that I do not know where we are, I don´t see land and I don´t wanna stay in the sea for the rest of the ga- my life."

"And how do you want me to know?"

"You are a sailor, Sailor it!"

"That's not a verb!"

"Please," she knelt in front of him and approached his face causing Regy to blush. "I really don´t like this situation."

Regy almost gave in to the beauty of that werewolf, but the memories of his dead friends and compatriots freed him from the lovely tenderness of Wauf.

"Help them? The least I want is for beasts like you to be free, unleashing chaos on the world, however..."

"If you bring me the map in the captain's room I can locate myself using the stars."

"Thank you!" Wauf said and without hesitation went stealthily to that place.

"Even if it's risky, staying stuck with them is not a good idea." He looked away from the half-devoured captain's body.

"I have to take them to an island where they find dangerous creatures and flee with the boat" he thought full of will and desires for revenge.”

———————————————————————————————————

Wauf opened the office door softly. The night had already fallen so it was not a problem for her to get there without being noticed, she hoped that it would not take too long and that no one would notice that she was not on that mast. She passed and closed the door and relaxed walked looking for that map. She almost screams and becomes infatuated when she sees that lying on a chair Satoru was snoring and that she had covered her face with the only map in sight.

Wauf approached slowly, prayed that the dice would not abandon her and proceeded to try to remove the map from her partner's face. When I hit the sheet the dice failed (6+5) and Satoru was undeterred, however, due to being in the fifth dream was not able to feel the presence of his friend who got the paper left the room and ran as fast and quietly as possible to his Sailor.

"Here it is" he whispered.

"Let me see it."

Wauf opened it in front of him.

It was inconvenient to read the map in the dim light of the moon, now he had some practice and apart in the time he waited for Wauf had already been located a little with the stars, so it was just a matter of thinking a bit.

"Climb up and shout that the earth is a little more to the left."

"All right!"

"It is assumed that one of the islands few islands that has been explored and marked as a dangerous place is the Piedad Island, it is my best and only option" He heard how the little murderer told his classmates about the change of course.

"Besides... that island is in the opposite direction to the continent"

———————————————————————————————————

"Come on, don´t be discouraged, it's hard to go straight all the time," Lee said, stroking the sad and huge orc in the back.

"I don´t think he understands what you say... Master" the Elf said scornfully.

"My words don´t but my feelings." He hugged the Orc and it corresponded.

0