Chapter – 12.2: Happy Siblings and Shitless Malfoy (Part-II)
1.1k 6 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

You can also read 9 chapters in advance, along with other stories on my Patreon: patreon.com/thelonelyguy

Chapter 15.2 is already available on Patreon.

For those who chose Girls' Love in the poll at the end of chapter 8.1. You can read the first chapter on my Patreon, it's free and public.

Chapter - 12.2

"What are you doing here?" Alex looked at Nicole and asked.

"I... I... wanted to," with her head hung low, Nicole stammered and sneaked a peek at Hermione for some help.

"She is here to apologi..." seeing Nicole looking at her with hope, Hermione gathered her thoughts and tried to explain.

"She has a mouth of her own, doesn't she? If he can't even do that, then take her back with you," interrupting Hermione, Alex said and turned to leave.

"You are being unnecessarily hard on her. Nicole didn't even do anything wrong, to begin with," Hermione said, hitting back at Alex.

"So what if I am?" Alex looked straight at Hermione and asked unapologetically, "Who are you to lecture me on how to discipline my sister?"

"You are just being unruly. Is this..." Hermione did not think Alex would be so blunt with his words. All she had left was pinning emotional guilt on him, but before she could do that, finally, Nicole spoke up.

"I am sorry," Nicole pulled back Hermione and apologised, "I won't do that again. So, please stop being angry with me. I can't..." Nicole finally had tears in her eyes. She was genuinely sorry.

But Alex was not moved. Or he did not show he was moved. He still hasn't heard the thing he wanted to hear.

"You won't do what? What are you sorry about? Do you even know what you did wrong?" Alex asked Nicole.

"I wasn't respectful towards the teachers," Nicole tried to point out her fault, "I was bashful and did not put them into my eyes."

"Is that all?" Alex asked, raising his eyebrows. He was still not convinced.

"Ummm..." Now Nicole was at a loss of words. She had thought all along that her brother was angry with her because of what happened during the potions class. Adding to it, her behaviour with Professor McGonagall from day one has not been something that was to be appreciated. So Nicole had this idea in her mind that it was the reason behind Alex's outburst.

'Was I wrong?' Nicole started to have her doubts.

"Then let me ask you something," seeing the confusion on Nicole's face, Alex said, "What do you think would have been the possible outcome if I were to replace Professor McGonagall and Professor Snape with someone of Malfoy's personality? You saw him just now, didn't you? What do you think he would have done to you?" Alex asked.

"That..." Nicole did not know what to say, and not letting her reply, Alex continued.

"You would be six feet under the ground," Alex said, "And believe me, it would be an easy way out. You don't know there can be things far more painful than death," Alex said, taking a step closer to Nicole.

"... And you could have done nothing to stop that. Do you know why?" Alex raised his eyebrows and asked.

"Because you are not strong enough. We are not strong enough," Alex did not wait for Nicole to reply, "There is no one who will take a stand for us, back us, or protect us."

"Isn't there that man..." Nicole suddenly blurted out. She forgot that Hermione was also there.

But Alex shook his head, "We are all on our own. I have you, and you have me. No one else and neither of us is strong enough to unknowingly offend a young noble from a formidable family," Alex put his hand over Nicole's head and gently caressed her, "Do you understand now?"

"Brother, I am sorry. I never gave it much thought," Nicole finally understood the reason behind her brother's anger, and she felt ashamed of herself. He did not talk to her for days and was angry with her. But when her brother saw her get humiliated, he did not shy away from offending even the Malfoys, one of the major wizarding families that even she had heard of. And it was all because he loved her, cared about her. Behind every action of his, she was the reason.

"I always thought it would be fun and all, but I had no idea what might be the consequences," Nicole rubbed her teary eyes and said, "Believe me, I won't be like this anymore."

"I don't mind you being a bit mischievous," Alex smiled, "In fact, sometimes I even enjoy it. But you need to know when to restrain yourself. Talking back to your Professors or, for that matter, anyone is not always amusing." Alex tried to make Nicole understand.

"... Both Professor McGonagall and Professor Snape know how to hold themselves back even if they are offended. And the most they would do is deduct your points or be harsh on you in the class. Other than that, they won't do anything. But not everyone is like them," Alex continued, "Let me tell you, this wizarding world looks all glamorous and fascinating on the surface. But this society is rotten to the core."

"I understand," Nicole nodded, "I won't be rash anymore."

Alex nodded and then looked at Hermione, who gave him a slight nod. He was clearly conveying the message to Hermione as well.

"Have you had your lunch?" Alex asked.

"No, I have not eaten anything since yesterday," Nicole said while rubbing her stomach.

"No wonder you look so pale," Alex said while caressing her hair.

Meanwhile, looking at the twins, Hermione was in complete awe. The twins each had a role that they played perfectly. One was mature and protective, while the other was obedient. Nicole was also most likely the only source of happiness for Alex. Hermione had never seen much of an emotion from Alex unless it was related to Nicole.

And now, looking at Alex and Nicole, Hermione wanted to be a part of that bond more than anything.

"Hey, now that you have made up with your brother, you are leaving me behind. You are so ungrateful, you brat. I was the one by your side with all those tissues for the past few days, you know," Hermione said dramatically, breaking the moment between the brother and sister.

"Sorry, I was just too excited," Nicole stuck out her tongue and walked towards Hermione, entangling her arm in hers, "You are my best friend, you know that, right?"

"I don't believe you anymore," Hermione said and turned her face away.

"Thank you. I hope you can take care of Nicole in the future if..." Alex tried to express his gratitude.

"She is my friend. Of course, I will be there for her if she ever needs me," Hermione cut short Alex's words, "As for you, let's just say you owe me one." Hermione said and turned to leave with Nicole before Alex could say anything.

* * * * *

56