Chapter 3: Real Thoughts (1)
1k 11 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Keira thoroughly cleaned her body, leaving no spot unattended she finally left the cold waters. Keira instantly realizes she doesn't have any spare clothes. She did not want to wear that disgusting rag again. She wanted to cry again about her misfortunes and decided to get her grief out by nagging at her beloved Elly.

Keira: [Elly, why did you put my soul in a beggar's body? Could you not have found me a better body? I could be a daughter of the duke or a spoiled daughter of a marquis, or perhaps a princess from a distant kingdom.]

System 999: [Although I want you Host to have a better experience, I was not the one who chose the body. The body itself was attracted to your soul. But maybe it was due to the 'bug' that appeared in the main system.]

After talking about the bug and the main system, System 999 managed to remember something very important and it was sure that with this news, its Host would surely be happy.

System 999: [Oh right Host, the main system gave out a lot of experience points for the inconvenience it had given you!]

Keira: [Why have you only informed me just now?!]

Although Keira was discontented by its system, she was used to it, and in fact, this was the reason she began calling her Elly in the first place.

Experience points are the system's currency. With this, you could purchase almost anything from a chicken wing to a heavenly sword. But of course the greater the item, the more expensive it is and experience points are very hard to earn. Only by completing the main system's mission could you acquire experience points.

Keira began to grow excited, as Elly had said that the main system has given a lot.

Keira: [So, how much did the main system deposit to our account?]

System 999: [This much.]

As System 999 said those words, a system prompt appeared in front of Keira. The prompt displayed the current balance of her account.

[Current balance: 20,000]

Keira's eyes widened in disbelief. Her account never reached 5 digits before. If one were to convert experience points to USD dollars, one experience point would equal fifteen thousand dollars. Normally after each world, Keira would typically earn only five hundred to a thousand experience points.

Keira would use these experience points to aid her in completing her mission such as buying perfume that would attract the male leads to buying an expression pack so her acting will be on point.

As much as Keira wanted to just buy a flying carpet and fly to her destination, she was restricted by the main system. To not disrupt the order of the world, hosts could only buy limited things according to what is acceptable in each world. So she could not just buy a heavenly sword whenever she wanted.

As for this world however, it is not that very restricting compared to the modern world for light magic and dark magic existed in this world and so are few artifacts such as the Manpasikjeok.

Keira immediately asked Elly to buy her new clothes from the system. The system gave her the catalogue and Keira scrolled down to the limitless clothes in the system store.

Scrolling for a reasonable amount of time, Keira picked suitable clothes for her journey. After standing naked near the spring for quite a while, Keira finally had clothes to wear. She swiftly wears her newly bought clothes with ease. It was a simple white long-sleeved top and a pair of leather dark brown pants and a pair of black boots. It was normal hunting clothes.

Keira chose this attire for it was comfortable and easy to move in but more importantly, it would not be suspicious if she were to travel to the Berrick Valley.

She also included some food and water and after debating for a while, she finally decided to buy a weapon just in case. She bought a good dagger and a simple bow with a bunch of arrows.

System 999 was curious why its Host was buying weapons when she could use her light magic, since light magic was connected to the soul she should still remain as powerful as she once was previously as a Saintess in this world. Feeling Elly's curiosity due to its silence, Keira decided to fill her in on her plans.

"Although I can use my light magic, it would only invite suspicion to other people. And my light magic is rather the same as my previous identity. Aster would definitely know the way I handle things with my powers. Besides, my powers mainly focus on defense and support."

System 999: [Why didn't you expose Aster about your true identity? It would have surely helped you have a smooth sailing towards the Manpasikjeok]

Haaa, this cute system of mine is still truly gullible.

"If I were to tell Aster of my true identity would he actually believe that someone who died for how long actually revived? Even more so, if he did actually believe that I am the same person as the Keira he once knew, would he still allow me to travel to a different world with a smile on his face? I certainly believe not. And..."

Keira paused as she looked down at the ground with a pained expression on her face. Elly waited for her to continue giving her time to reflect.

"If Aster were to know my identity, I would still need to leave him and I would have to carry on the guilt of knowing that someone is again hurt by my disappearance. It would even hurt more on his part if I were to depart twice in front of him. Even though I don't hold romantic feelings for the male lead in each world, I still like them as a person because they treated me sincerely and loved me honestly."

This was the first time in so long that she got to be honest with her feelings. As much as she liked the male lead in each world. She doesn't belong to these worlds and more importantly someone is waiting for her in her original world.

Keira slapped herself to get rid of these needless thoughts out of her head.

First things first. She should head back to the city in order to gather more info about the present situation in the Berrick Valley.

Henceforth, Keira gathered her belongings, brought an inconspicuous robe with a hood from the system store so as to not bring attention to herself, and wore it on. She tied the dagger to her upper right thigh and attached the bow to her back. Then she neatly tied her soft long black hair to a high ponytail using a blue ribbon.

Now she truly looked like a traveler. Keira inspected her attire and is rather pleased with herself. With all things settled. She began to embark on her way back to the heart of the Angulus Kingdom, the Ilios City.

...

In front of the city gates were guards inspecting comers and goers. Keira at first has forgotten the guards stationed in front of the gate for she was able to exit freely before due to her being just a beggar. I mean, who wouldn't let out a beggar from a city anyways? It's not like they wanted a peasant roaming around the city.

Keira was not nervous about these guards for there were no rules in the city where outsiders were not allowed in, but she should make an alias just in case.

Keira was standing near the gates, just close enough as to see the city gates themselves. She began to ponder,

'What should my nickname be?'

Keira called out her system.

Keira: [Elly!]

System 999: [Yes, Host?] System 999 responded immediately.

Keira: [What would be a cute alias? I can't just use my real name since my name now has been plastered on a huge plate just below a huge statue of myself. :) ]

Keira now regretted using her real name in every world. She had thought before that it would feel good to have these handsome male leads call her by her real name. Even though her body has a separate identity, she would insist the male leads on calling her Keira.

She would always reason it with 'I just love that name and it's the name that I have always wanted. So if you would call me Keira, I would truly feel like myself.' She wanted to choke her past self for her stupidness. That was just purely embarrassing alright?! And of course, the male lead would happily oblige and call her Keira, since they all thought they had gotten even closer to her.

Haa, truly regrettable. 

16