Chapter 4: Real Thoughts (2)
940 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

System 999: [Host?] System 999 called its Host upon noticing that it was not paying this system any attention.

Keira: [Huh? Oh sorry, I got distracted for a moment. Anyways I have thought of an alias now!]

System 999: [What? (⊙o⊙)] Elly asked enthusiastically.

She didn't answer her Elly but just grinned and deviously laughed.

Walking towards the gates, the guards stopped her and asked her identity. Keira smiled sweetly and said,

"It's Mapajoke."

The system facepalm at its Host's idiotic actions despite not having a palm and a face to begin with. Even though this system and this Host have been together for many worlds already, it still was not enough for this system to get used to this Host's ludicracy.

The guards for some odd reason didn't even wince or find this Host's name out of the ordinary and even let her in without any worry after writing her name down.

'This was simply absurd!' The system thought to itself after watching its Host walk in with a stupid smile on her face.

Keira: [See, I told you it was a good name.]

The system was simply speechless. As the system thought, 'it indeed was not possible to reason with this Host.' System 999 inwardly nodded at itself after saying this statement in her computic head.

System 999: [ (*^▽^*) ] The system just decided to smile at its Host.

Keira thought that her Elly must have eaten something bad in her space system. 'Do systems even eat?' Her mind once again began to wander into space.

Keira walked leisurely in the streets. The streets were still crowded and everything was lively from the festive mood. It is usually the time when shops and stalls close down, apparently, they were not planning on shutting down anytime soon.

Keira decided to stop in a local inn to settle for the night. She stealthily exchanges her experience points for this world currency and goes to the nearby inn.

A lady welcomed her the moment she stepped into the inn. On the first floor was either a restaurant or a bar, or both as Keira saw people dining in and some were drinking in the corner.

Keira went in front of what she presumed was the front desk and inquired for a room for one person and for one night. After paying for the room, the lady asked if she would like to stay in the room now or order food. Keira thought for a moment then decided to order food so that she could gather information and gossip in the kingdom. Keira sat at a table on the corner but just close enough to the other tables to hear their conversations.

The moment Keira sat, she diligently listened to the rumblings of the people near her table. Their topics were all random, one was talking about his girlfriend cheating on him with a knight and another was talking about an ongoing ball… Wait, a ball?

"I heard the King made the ball even more grandiose than last year!"

"But doesn't the ball that the King held always seem more extravagant than the last?"

"Yes yes yes! He stated before that he would always make this day as grand as ever to not let the people forget this important day where *her Saintess sacrificed herself in order to save us all." (*her is a formal way of addressing the saintess)

"Did you know? There was a rumor before that her Saintess and our King had an explicit relationship?"

"I also heard the same thing, but sadly her Saintess died just as the King was planning to propose to her."

"The King planned on proposing to her Saintess?"

"That's what I heard. He was planning on proposing to her Saintess after the final war."

"Haa, how truly misfortunate. They were a match made in heaven."

Keira didn't bother listening anymore to the gossip of the girls as she was distracted by the thought that, 'There is a ball?!'

Keira: [Elly! Elly! Elly!]

System 999: [Yes Host?]

Keira: [Should we attend a ball?]

System 999: [Pardon?] Elly seems to be taken aback.

Keira: [Well, when I was a Saintess, I never got to experience what a ball feels like because I was busy saving the world. I am quite curious to attend such a gathering.]

System 999 instantly knew that this Host just wanted to dress up in a gown. Since there is no actual time limit in this world, they could freely enjoy themselves.

System 999: [Sure Host!]

After receiving her system's reply, Keira quickly got up from her seat just as the food was about to be brought to her table. The waitress called her and Keira just gave the waitress a gold coin for the payment of the food and hurriedly went to her room.

She excitedly scrolled through the system catalogue for clothes once again. She searched 'Cute yet elegant blue ball gown' and a bunch of blue gowns displayed in the system prompt. Keira's eyes were glowing in excitement. System 999 decided to address the obvious question.

System 999: [Host, how could you enter the palace without an invitation?]

Keira just grinned cunningly and replied, "Well… don't I have the most omnipotent thing in this universe? We should just buy an invitation in the system store!]

The system just replied with an 'ohh' as it watched its Host pick a blue dress from the overwhelming catalog and change into it. It was a beautiful elegant blue dress. The design was simple but it perfectly matched Keira's current appearance. By giving her a simple dress it doesn't become too overwhelming and it makes you want to look at the face of the wearer more.

Hehe, I have a beautiful cute face. Why waste such beauty?

Besides the dress being complementary to Keira's face it would also not drag much attention for Keira still wanted to lay low in case she were to run into the King.

After picking the accessories and shoes, she also bought an invisible cloak costing 500 experience points to avoid attracting attention outside. Keira decided to leap through the window and Elly was dumbfounded by its Host's brazen action. Landing perfectly, Keira sneakily went to the palace.

When she passed the down streets by walking in the dark. Everything was lively. People were together with their families, and some were walking hand in hand with their partners. As she passed the plaza, people were crowding over her statue. All were offering praises and thankfulness for the deed Keira had done before. Keira cringed but still continued walking that was until she heard the voices of the crowd as she got closer.

"Oh great Goddess, thank you for your great sacrifice that granted this world peace!"

'Now I have the title of a Goddess?' Thinking about it made the corner of Keira's lips twitch.

"You are unfit for the title Saintess for we all know, you are a Goddess that once descended on this world!"

"He's right, how can a Saintess be this beautiful? She is a Goddess!"

"A Goddess!"

When Keira heard the praises of her beauty and insisted on claiming that she was a Goddess that descended, the right corner of her lips continued to incessantly quiver. The system was shocked to see its Host grinning like a buffoon.

"Hehe, that's right. Praise me for my beauty is unparalleled to the Gods themselves!" Keira exclaimed, forgetting that despite being invisible, people could still hear her.

A man in the crowd near her asked the person on her side, "Hey did you hear that just now?"

The girl replied, "What? I didn't hear anything. I was busy admiring the beauty of our Saintess."

"What do you mean Saintess, She's a Goddess alright!" Another person joined in the conversation. He appears to be one of the guys who insisted before that Keira is a Goddess.

With them forgetting they heard something, Keira quickly ran out of the scene. System 999 could only sigh at her Host's stupidness. Her Host seems to be in a good mood so the system didn't bother ruining her mood by scolding her behavior.

After walking for a while, they finally arrived at the palace gates.

She removed her cloak once she was near the palace gates and proceeded to give her invitation card that was purchased in the system shop to the guard. After inspecting the invitation, the guard allowed her entry to the palace.

They finally arrived at the palace.

14