Chapter 6: Old Companions (2)
846 7 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Keira was sure that the male lead would not distinguish her from the peasant she met on the street. It would be nonsensical how a beggar would be wearing a gorgeous gown paired with expensive accessories and she now looked gorgeous without the dirt covering her face. It was not like this was a cinderella world.

'Wait— How did the male lead mistaken my current body for my previous body in the first place? Did he actually think my previous body looked the same as the dirtied beggar?'

But what Keira didn't know was that the male lead could detect the light aura of people because everyone has a distinct aura. Aster could never be mistaken that the beggar before was the same as this girl in front of him but this also raised a question in Aster's head.

'How could this woman transform from beggar to riches in a matter of hours?'

Aster was 100% confident that this was the same woman. What was even more puzzling is that she contained the same light aura as the Keira that had died 5 years ago.

Aster just knows that this is Keira, but how is that possible? He saw Keira draw her last breath in front of him and even watch her body buried 6 feet underground. But In the slight chance that this was indeed Kiera…

Aster's heart began to beat wildly from his speculations as the Keira in front of him peered at him. He knows he shouldn't rapidly make an assumption. He should observe her in the meantime. The shadow guard he assigned to her should report to him later so he should be able to discover how she managed to attend the ball and able to change her appearance drastically.

"Good sir, it is already getting late. If you would allow…" Keira spoke flawlessly like what happened moments again never happened.

After glancing at the sky, Aster replied, "Ah yes, it is indeed already late. The ball is also about to end. Then if I may?"

Aster offered his hand in front of Keira with his other hand placed on his chest. Keira reluctantly places her hand on top of Aster's. Aster bowed down while not breaking eye contact and placed his soft lips on top of Keira's hand.

His lips lingered for a brief moment and his eyes continued to stare deep into Keria's eyes like a predator silently watching its prey. Then he slowly removed his lips as if he was unwilling to.

Exposing a benign smile Aster said, "Until the next time we meet."

His eyes only then departed from her after being glued to it from the beginning of their exchange of words. Aster strides back to the event place.

Keira was still left there standing dumbfounded. She quietly called out to her system.

Keira: [Elly.]

System 999: [Yes Host?]

Keira: [Have I caught the attention of the male lead?]

System 999: [Yes Host, since the very beginning. It even asked someone to follow you.]

Keira wanted to vomit out blood from Elly's revelation.

Keira: [What?! It had someone following me all this time and yet you didn't bother telling me?]

The system got scared by the outburst of its Host but tried to reason with the beast, I mean with its Host.

System 999: [Host, do not worry! He only followed us to the inn and didn't follow afterward.] System 999 replied enthusiastically.

Keira: [Of course he could not follow me to the palace because I wore an invisible cape remember? It would even be more surprising if he could see me with the cape on.]

Elly nodded her computic head as it comprehend what its Host explained.

Keira: [Wait, you said he followed me from the plaza to the inn. That means… He saw me taking a bath in the spring?!] Keira felt her chastity dissolve.

System 999: [Not to fret Host! This system saw that when you began taking off your clothes he immediately looked away, and only looked back when you came out of the water!]

Keira: [But I was still naked when I got out of the water!]

Oops, the system slipped her tongue. Keira wanted to beat this system to a pulp.

After the party ended, Aster returned to his quarters and immediately called upon the shadow guard that he sent to follow Keira. While waiting for the shadow guard to return, Aster sat on his chair with a dark face. He rested his elbow to the arm of the chair and used his hand to support his head as he sat languidly. The shadow guard appeared shortly after. The shadow guard covered in camouflage kneeled in front of Aster.

"Report." Aster said with a stern tone. And the guard immediately began reporting his task.

"The peasant went out of the city shortly after your encounter. She then went to the nearby spring just outside the city like she knew exactly where the spring was despite it being her first time coming out according to her background data. When she arrived at the spring, she instantly began removing her clothes and took a bath at the spring. And then…"

The guard stuttered for a bit as he recalled the amazing figure of the woman he followed earlier. Although he had seen countless naked women due to the nature of his job, this was the first time he was able to truly appreciate such beauty.

Aster's face darkened even more upon seeing his guard blush as he recalled the events he saw earlier. With a dangerous glint on Aster's eyes, he commanded, "Continue."

The guard shuddered for a moment before gathering himself and continuing his report.

"After getting off the stream, she was staring at the air for quite a while. Then all of a sudden clothes appeared in front of her out of thin air. I could not perceive any other presence nearby so I was sure that this was her doing. Subsequently, after wearing her new outfit, a bunch of items appeared again like food, water, a dagger, and a bow equipped with arrows. This was the first time I have seen such a scene happen right in front of me, even I was taken aback."

Aster's eyebrow rose. Indeed it is truly mysterious how items appeared out of thin air but then again similar things happened with Keira before. When Aster tried to ask her where the items came from she would always manage to divert the topic away from her, instantly dropping the subject.

'Truly interesting.' An unreadable smile appeared on Aster's face.

His subordinate continued as he felt shivers after seeing his master smile sinisterly, "After packing her things, she went back to the city and was able to enter the town using the 'Mapajoke' name. After strolling the city for a bit, she went to an inn. She ordered food before going to her room but before her food could even arrive at her table, she hastily stood up, paid for her food, and went directly to her room as if she remembered to do something very important. An hour later, the window in her bedroom opened but it only revealed an empty room. I tried entering the room but I lost track of her. There was nothing left, so I could only wait outside the room in case she came back."

The shadow guard concluded his report and awaited a response from his master. Aster still carried a scary expression as he analyzed what his subordinate reported.

'So the time she went missing in her room is the time she attended the ball. She was able to lose a very skilled guard of mine like it was nothing and even entered the palace without arousing any suspicion from outsiders. Very enthralling indeed.'

Aster stood from his chair and grabbed the Light sword that was hanging by his wall. He slowly made his way to the guard kneeling on his floor. The guard instantly felt something wrong but before he could react, his head was already disconnected from his lower body. Aster neatly swung his sword, precisely cutting the head of his kneeling subordinate. The guard's head rolled on the floor until it stopped after spinning for a brief moment.

Aster apathetically looked at his 'once' subordinate decapitated head. "Good work on the report, but you have seen too much. You even dared peeked at her body. Insolent."

After finishing his words, he instructed his other guards to clean up the mess that was contaminating his floor. He could not leave any dirt for his beloved who would soon move into his bedroom.

A guard took his sword to wipe it clean, after all this was the sword of the Kingdom's Sun. He let his guard take his sword as he sat back in his chair; eyes devoid of any emotion even after he killed a trusted aid.

He took the report on his table left by his subordinate earlier. It contained the background information of the woman he met a while ago.

Name: Dahlia

Age: 24

Birthday: Unknown

Background: Came from Rise Orphanage but left after being kicked out at the age of 16. Roamed the street begging for money for 8 years. Have many records of stealing bread and fruits in bakeries and fruit stalls. Doesn't have any siblings. Birth parents died during the Light and Darkness War.

A smirk appeared on Aster's face as he skimmed through the minuscule report. Her life was so straightforward that it could be summarized within a few sentences. She was an ordinary person that suffered from misfortune and acted just like how anyone would act in her situation and yet just today on the fifth anniversary of Keira's death did this 'person' begin to act out of character. Surely this cannot be a coincidence.

Aster laid his head on the back of his chair as he stared at the ceiling. His eyes showed an abyss of misery.

"Keira, are you finally back?" Aster murmured to himself, stupidly expecting that someone would respond to this silent cry.

12