Chapter 24: Make Haste (2)
467 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Keira stood up and closed her curtains and she sat cross-legged on the bed and said to her Elly, "Open the system store."

A system window appeared in front of Keira displaying all kinds of items. She entered on the search bar 'invisibility potion'.

Looking at its Host searching for an invisible potion, System 999 could not help but ask.

System 999: [Host, why are you looking for an invisible potion when you could buy the invisible cloak just like before? It's much cheaper compared to the invisible potion.]

Keira muttered as she continued to browse the system store, "I'm not really looking for an invisible potion that would literally make me invisible for that is extremely expensive and using such an item is unwise, same can be said for the cloak."

System 999: [Why is that Host? Isn't it more convenient to be fully invisible?]

"I should not underestimate the male lead. He is the most powerful being in this world after all and if he managed to notice my presence despite being invisible, it would only arouse more questions and suspicion. One would surely question where I have obtained such item and that would be hard to explain would it?"

System 999 could now understand its Host intention but it still had a query.

System 999: [Then... Why are you looking for an invisible potion?]

"I'm not exactly looking for an invisible potion, I'm only looking for a potion that has a similar effect. I need a potion that could hide my presence entirely, so when I get caught, I could only say that I was good at hiding my presence."

System 999: [Ahh, is that why you are specifically looking for a potion and not an item so you don't have to explain where you obtain the said item?]

"My Elly has finally developed some brain cells."

System 999: [ (・∀・) ]

Keira purchased a presence hiding potion but Keira could not help but cry at the price.

Keira: [Elly, I should reduce my spending in the next world. I managed to waste 4,200 experience points already and it's still the first world. The health potions I bought before were not even used. QAQ]

System 999: [Cheer up Host, You still have 15,800 experience points remaining in your balance.]

The potion she bought just now was already equivalent to finishing one world, costing 1,000 experience points. Even though it pained Keira to spend this much points, she perceived that this is the only way she could leave her room at the moment.

Midnight came. Keira brought the potion to her lips and emptied the bottle. She didn't feel anything special but Elly confirmed that the potion is in effect. The only way to find out is by going out.

Keira grabbed the map that she drew out earlier using the quill and paper through the guidance of her system. Although it may not be the best map, it was enough for Keira to understand. Keira went out the balcony that was already slightly open for her to easily slip out without rousing attention.

She skillfully hopped down from the second floor balcony, quietly landing on the grass. The potion would only be effective if she doesn't bring direct attention to herself, so she still needs to be quiet and stealthy.

Walking around the palace and people acting like your air was a bizarre experience. She continued to look at the possible rooms where Aster might have put the Manpasikjeok but after walking for a while Elly could not find any traces within the first floor. So Keira advanced to the second floor where the private and guest chambers can be found.

System 999: [It's near here Host!]

"Huh?" Keira could not help but exclaim, as the location of the Manpasikjeok for all this time was just right around the corner of her room and this was...Aster's bedroom.

They just went in circles. Keira didn't think that Aster would hide the Manpasikjeok this close to her room. She assumed that he would hide it somewhere not easily accessible, maybe through a secret passage or what.

Keira didn't bother to overthink this fact. What matters is that they finally found the approximate location of the Manpasikjeok. However, Aster is currently sleeping inside, it would be extremely risky to enter.

System 999: [Are we going inside the male lead's room Host? It would be dangerous. How about we come back tomorrow?]

Keira: [No. The potion would only last for 3 hours and buying another potion would be immensely expensive and we need to leave by today. We can't delay any longer.]

The system could see that its Host couldn't wait any longer to return to her own world so it chose to understand its Host.

Keira went outside again so she could enter Aster's bedroom through the balcony door or through his windows. Entering through the door would be too loud.

Keira shot up to the balcony and carefully opened the balcony door. Thankfully it wasn't locked.

System 999: [There Host! By the drawer on the bedside!]

Hearing Elly's instruction in her head she very carefully made her way to his bedside.

The male lead was sound asleep, quietly tucked on his bed. The night glow further enhanced his exquisite features. His golden iris was hidden behind the closed lids. With his eyes closed, Keira could clearly see his long beautiful lashes. Before she knew it, she was already staring at his sleeping appearance.

System 999: [Host?]

With Elly's words, Keira managed to snap out of the trance she was in and get her attention back on her main task. Keira thought to herself, 'Atleast I get to see the appearance of this world's male lead one last time before leaving. But why can't I shake off this uneasy feeling?'

Keira opened the drawing, revealing a wooden flute laying inside.

'Guess Aster didn't have time to hide the flute properly. Or perhaps he thought that the safest place to hide this was beside him.

Keira reached out her hand but before she could touch the flute, a hand grabbed her wrist and before she knew it, the world was shifting around her and she was pressed down against the soft bed.

"Why?"

A deep husky voice sounded on top of her.

Keira's eyes widened in shock. The once covered golden irises were now directly looking at her, deeply penetrating her.

"Why are you so determined to leave me?" The voice sounded again but this time it carried more emotions.

"Did I do something wrong? Did I do something to make you resent me? Would it make you disgusted to stay by my side?" His voice holds so many bottled-up feelings.

"You already left me once, are you planning on leaving me again?" Aster's eyes showed helplessness that it made Keira's chest hurt.

Keira tried to find her voice and replied, "N—no, I won't leave you."

"Are you taking me for a fool!" Anger was evident on his face that it made Kiera flinch but she tried her best not to show her nervousness.

"I know what the Manpasikjeok could do! I managed to dig up some information regarding the origins of this flute from confidential files of the royal family. It was said that the Manpasikjeok would be able to grant the wish of the wielder. And you said you don't belong here—that you wished to return home and leave this place, is that right?"

Keira tilted her head sideways to avoid seeing Aster's expressions. Seeing Keira's actions, greatly pained Aster. He bit his lower lip until red liquid emerged.

Aster lowered his head to Keira's exposed neck and weakly asked.

"Then... Why did you come back?"

Hearing his voice quiver, Keira's heart felt like it was being squeezed. She could not understand why it hurt so she thought that maybe it was due to guilt.

Still having her head tilted, Keira replied, "I don't know."

"If you don't know the reason, then I'll create a reason." A bad premonition appeared on Keira's heart. Aster lifted his head up again directly peering at Keira's face.

"I'll make it so your trip back here again would not be wasted." Keira quickly brought her gaze back to Aster but was only greeted by a crazed look.

"What are you planning Aster?!" Keira tried to struggle under Aster's arms but her wrist was tightly locked by his hands on both sides.

"I'll never allow you to leave again." His eyes glowed a dangerous glint.

"Let go Aster! I already told you before that I don't belong here!" Keira continued to wriggle her body.

Aster suddenly revealed a smile. His smile however exhibits sorrow. Nevertheless, it manages to form goosebumps on Keira's skin.

"I told you, if you don't know the reason, then I'll create a reason. So sleep for now Keira. It's already late, dawn is near." His voice was tender and contained sweetness.

"Aster!" Keira yelled, unable to contain her anger.

Aster finally removed one of his hands that was restraining Keira's wrist but before Keira could do anything significant with her free hand, her eyes were covered by Aster's hand, blocking her eyesight. Keira felt a soft light embrace her body and she only heard one last sentence from Aster before darkness completely engulfed her.

"Rest well... My Keira..."

Keira felt her body becoming relaxed and she gradually fell into a comfortable sleep.

5