Chapter 29: Guinevere (1)
402 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aster invited Fritz to visit Keira because he trusted Fritz and he believed that Fritz would be able to sway Keira to stay in this world. Guinevere on the other hand had a deep bond with Keira and he just perceived that it would be wise for them not to meet with each other yet.

However, Aster miscalculated, and instead, Fritz was now willing to help Keira escape the dominating clutches of Aster.

After parting with Fritz, Keira reflected on what she and Fritz discussed earlier.

'Fritz said that he would drag Guinevere back to the palace to create havoc; that was to continue on letting Guinevere continue on persisting Aster on meeting with me. With Aster distracted, Fritz would send a subordinate of his friend who is working in the palace to switch places with me. I would then be wearing that person's outfit and exit the palace with the disguise on.'

Keira nodded at the thought. Although it was not a plan without a flaw, it was doable. She needed to make this plan work because if Aster were to catch her, Keira felt she truly would not be able to take one step outside anymore.

Now the problem lies in finding the Manpasikjeok. Keira could not just leave the palace. She was certain that the flute was bound to be hidden in the palace somewhere.

Keira: [Elly.]

System 999: [Yes Host?]

Keira: [Where did the health potion I purchased earlier go to?]

System 999: [Don't worry Host, I stored it in my system inventory before Aster took away your belongings! (≧∇≦)/ ]

Keira: [Good. But what about those invisible cloaks I used before?]

System 999: [Those items automatically disappeared after 24 hours, to avoid people of this world from obtaining them.]

Keira: [Then can I sell those health potions back to the main system?]

System 999: [Yes you can host. However, the system will only buy it at 10% of its selling price. (*^▽^*)]

Keira choked on her own spit.

Keira: [10%?! Then the health potion I bought for 800 experience points, would be reduced to 80?!]

System 999: [That is correct.]

Keira: [What the fuck!] Keira felt like she was getting scammed by this ridiculous main system.

Keira: [Then, let's just bring those potions to the next world in case anything goes awry.]

System 999: [Sorry Host. You cannot bring any times you have purchased from one world and bring it to the next world. This rule was made in order to avoid exploitation in the system shop.]

Keira rubbed her temple. Keira learned that she shouldn't nonchalantly spend those precious experience points in the future worlds.

Keira: [If that's the case, then just sell those health potions.] Keira felt a massive headache as she instructed her system those words.

System 999: [OK!]

A system prompt appeared in front of Keira.

[3 health potions sold to the system store.

240 experience points were added to your balance.]

[Current balance: 17,040]

Well, 240 more experience points are better than nothing—is what Keira repeated in her mind to comfort herself for the major loss she just had. She never sold anything back to the main system after all, because in the previous worlds, experience points were so hard to obtain that she would only spend them if her situation really asked her to.

Aster only returned when the sky was growing dark. He looked more tired than usual, but his face still didn't lose its smile when he glanced at Keira. This made Keira uncomfortable on the inside, she didn't understand why she meant so much to Aster nor can she understand how Aster was affecting her.

Keira peered at Aster while they were eating dinner. After all, this was the last night they would spend together and she would not have any other chance to peer at this god forsaken beauty.

If you set aside this confinement play, Aster never treated her badly. He didn't physically harm her nor did he chain her up. Although he would hug and kiss Keira's forehead, he never went beyond that point.

The night passed like always. Aster would continue to stare at Keira before going to sleep himself. Even though he was sleeping, he never lowers his guard in case Keira might try something to leave his side. His paranoia didn't diminish a bit, as a matter of fact, it was worsening. This night, he couldn't help but feel uneasy.

'Why can't you just stay Keira?' —Is the last thing Aster thought before he welcomed the blank unconsciousness.

...

The day finally arrived for Keira to finally escape this world. She only needs to wait for Guinevere to drag this cheeky male lead. Aster was in the room working as usual as Keira just sat on the couch eating sweets while watching Aster work.

Feeling Keira's stare, Aster looked up and Keira directly retracted her gaze and looked somewhere else. Seeing such action made Aster chuckle. Aster set down the papers in his hands. He raised his right arm unto the desk and supported his head with his hand, silently continuing on watching Keira.

Keira slowly looked back in Aster's direction after hearing that the shuffling of papers had stopped. As Keira looked over, Aster was already gawking in her direction. Unexpectedly, Keira's heart jumped, and she once again quickly withdrew her eyes. Keira thought to herself,

'What was that? For a moment, I saw 'him'. No... it's more like I saw 'him' in Aster with the way he rested his head on his right hand.'

Watching this cute reaction formed a soft smile on Aster's lips.

'And this is why I can't let you go.'

A dangerous glint appeared in his eyes, yet it disappeared as fast as it appeared.

Once again, Keira slowly turns his head to clarify to herself that this was not her beloved and instead, a scum who refused to let her out. However, as soon as Keira looked at Aster, the view absolutely left her stunned.

Aster's soft loving eyes were gently looking at her. His hair gave a golden radiance as the sun seeping through the windows amplified its magnificent golden color. His pink plump lips were curled up into a soft smile with his head resting to the side and with those luscious bundles of hair tilting to the side.

Keira's eyes quivered, as she Aster who was nothing like the person she longed for, yet she could not shake off the feeling of this similarity and familiarity.

Aster saw Keira's eyes glued on his face, yet those eyes were not looking at him and were instead, looking at something or someone else. Who? Aster might not know who Keira is looking at with such longing, Nevertheless...

'Keira was His.'

Aster's mood immediately darkened. His smile slowly disappeared and the loving gaze was no longer present. Instead, it was replaced with burning passion and jealousy.

As Aster was about to stand and go over to Keira. The door opened with a bang. A girl with soft curly mellow pink hair, dressed in a knight outfit that was not properly worn and was wielding a long staff with one hand emerged from the ripped door.

Guinevere finally appeared. 

5