Chapter 37: This Cheater! (2)
309 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Keira: [Elly, is there a cheat available in the system shop that allows you to hack into someone’s computer and delete the photos directly?]

System 999: [There is Host, but I am too low level of a system to be able to use that feature. So even if you buy it with your experience points, it would only deem useless.]

Keira: [I think you’re the useless one.]

System 999: [QAQ]

System 999: [But Host! I can still hack into the computer and delete those nasty photos if you just take a hold of the device that contains a copy of that photo!]

Keira: [What do you ‘nasty photos’? Even if those photos might not give the best looking angles, those photos still depict my exquisite body.]

System 999: [I think you’re focusing on the wrong point Host. (・∀・) ]

Keira: [Then what point should I be focusing on?]

System 999: [That this System is not useless!]

Keira: [Sure sure. Whatever pleases my baby Elly. :) ]

The System feels it just couldn’t win against her Host.

Keira, “Basically. I just need to ‘borrow’ his phone for a while right?”

System 999: [Yes.]

Keira smirked, “Sounds easy enough.”

Keira stretched her body and went to change her clothes to some comfy pajamas. Went to the fridge and grab a can of soda and some chips. Then turned on the TV and laid herself comfortably. The system was perplexed by her actions, then decided to inquire.

System 999: [What are doing Host?]

Keira: [Hmm? Oh… Nothing. Just passing time.]

System 999: [But shouldn’t begin formulating a plan to steal that man’s phone?]

Keira replied while lazily switching channels.

Keira: [Let the man come. I'm sure he knows my address by how he is so obsessed with me.]

System 999: [What if he would not come?]

Keira: [Believe me, I have a hunch on how those types of guys function. Besides, after creating that embarrassing scene in the morning. How could I have the face to see my coworkers?]

System 999 quietly mumbled to itself, ‘Even if you run around naked, I still think you could confidently face anyone.’

Keira: [Did you say something?]

System 999: [You’re imagining things Host. (*^▽^*) ]

Keira: [Anyways, buy me some strong fever inducer.]

System 999: [For what Host?]

Keira: [Heh, for my plan to take action of course.]

The system saw Keira displaying a horrific smile while watching the television. The system somehow felt scared for what this boss of hers was about the experience.

Just before dinner when the previous owner's shifts end, the doorbell rang.

Keira scrambled on the couch and actually fell, resulting in a loud thumping sound. The person on the other side of the door seemed to hear the sound as he begins to call out Keira’s name.

Keira quickly asked System 999 to activate the fever-inducing item. The effects took place in an instant causing Keira to feel a strong wave of dizziness. She swayed side to side as she approached the door. She opened the door revealing a despicable looking face.

It was her boss, Rick.

Rick saw her unkempt appearance from the fall earlier formed a frown on his eyebrows but the distasteful look that his eyes sparked caused disgust in Keira’s stomach. She promptly asked her system to buy something from the shop.

Keira: [Buy me a buff that could give clarity to my clouded mind right now.]

System 999: [How long do you want the buff for Host?]

Keira: [40 minutes is enough.]

Finally having a clear head, she could now begin to execute her plan. Her body is still weak and is burning so she just needs to pretend to be muddled-headed.

Rick's first words when the door opened were, “Why did you cause that scene earlier in the lobby?”

‘Not surprising that the rumors already spread.’

Keira let out a cough before replying, “I was just muddled headed and didn’t think straight.”

Rick raised a brow at the reply. Keira couldn’t find a proper excuse for the action she did in the morning. Thus, she only continued to cough to shift the attention from the topic that still had her feeling shameful. She was sure that embarrassing memory would remain engraved in her mind and would have her cringing from time to time before going to bed.

Rick finally saw something was wrong with Keira.

He finally asked, “What’s wrong with you?”

“I just caught a small cold that’s all, cough cough—”

Rick reached out to touch Keira’s forehead and felt a burning sensation. She was scalding hot. Rick got angry for some reason, “This is what you mean by a ‘small cold’? Ha! It’s no wonder you randomly slapped the CEO!”

He mumbled, “I knew the rumors were exaggerating when they said that you spouted him being a cheater or whatnot.”

‘Well… I did say something along those lines.’ Good thing Rick was filling the blanks for her.

Keira’s body swayed and Rick caught her. Rick then said, “Hmph! In any case, I couldn’t just leave you here.”

Rick brings Keira to her room, entering like he owned the place. He slowly laid her on the bed and wrapped the quilt around her.

He then asked, “Did you take your medicine?”

Keira quietly mumbled, “No.”

The man sitting on her bed let out a sigh and said, “I’ll buy some medicine in the pharmacy. I’ll be right back.”

Keira called out, “Wait!”. She grabbed the corner of his pants near the opening of his pockets.

Rick looked back, “What?”

Keira mumbled in a soft voice just barely audible, “Come back quickly.”

Rick smiled at the assumption of Keira can’t bear to part with him in her vulnerable state. Keira could obviously see what this buffoon man was thinking but she didn’t have any plans of correcting his thoughts.

The man scoffed and said, “I’ll be back real quick.” before turning around and leaving.

But what he didn’t realize was that the moment he turned, his phone was already gone. Aligning the motion when he turned, Keira swiftly grab the phone out of his pocket. The moment the sound of the door closing could be heard, Keira asked her system to hack through the phone and delete the photos.

Keira: [Did you manage to successfully delete everything, including the backups on his other devices?]

System 999: [Yep! It was incredibly easy to access his other accounts and devices through his phone, so I manage to delete everything without leaving a speck of trace. He wouldn’t be able to recover those photos even if he wanted to.]

Keira: [Good job Elly!]

System 999: [It was always been my pleasure Host. (*^▽^*) ]

Keira: [Let’s just wait for that bastard to come back, then the real show would finally begin.]

Keira’s creepy laugh resonated in the quiet room before a sequence of awkward coughing followed.

3