Chapter 48: I’m Superman (1)
231 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Keira managed to escape the villa, but as Ezekiel mentioned before, the nearest town was miles away and it would be too risky to go there in the first place. After all, Keira was sure that Ezekiel’s people were already waiting for her there.

The forest was wide and she could find plenty of places to hide. Nonetheless, Keira didn’t even dare to stop in one of those caves in case a ‘surprise’ was awaiting her inside. The longer she stays in the forest, the more experience points she has to spend, hiding from the guards who were furiously looking for her and the ridiculous amount of cameras scattered throughout the forest.

But where should she go next? Her Elly said that the Master would arrive in A City by tomorrow morning, and she didn’t know how far A City is from here nor does she know how to escape this stupid forest without getting caught by Ezekiel’s traps.

Keira: [Elly… can’t we just teleport to A City?]

System 999: [I can’t Host, that would break the balance of this world.]

Keira: [Fuck the balance. Am I not already breaking the balance by using the main system’s services and controlling people's minds?]

System 999: [Rick and the people around him weren’t aware that he was being controlled. Thus, the balance was not disrupted, but if we did get caught then we would be punished accordingly by the main system.]

Keira: [Then how do I get out of this damn place?]

System 999: [I thought you already formulated a plan after lazing around for a week Host?]

Keira: [Of course I thought of a plan! But my plan hadn’t reached this far yet. Ehe.]

System 999: [Please don’t ‘ehe’ this situation Host…]

System 999 still thinks about how it managed to end up with a brain-dead Host.

Keira: [What is Ezekiel up to?]

System 999: [The male lead right now… is sitting quietly in the living room with a scary expression on his face…]

Keira: [Tsk tsk, lazing around and letting his subordinates do all the work.]

System 999, ‘But weren’t you also just lazing around for an entire week?’

Keira let out a depressed sigh. She had no other choice but to go back to the villa and… steal Ezekiel’s car.

‘I can’t walk all the way to A City and get caught.’

She cursed in her mind for all the system points that were used in vain, but she couldn’t think of any other method to escape as she didn’t expect the thorough ultra-strict security of Ezekiel.

‘It makes me think that he expected me to return from the very beginning.’

Keira ran back to the villa. At this moment, the villa was the most unguarded since the people were either busy looking for her or busy blocking all possible exit ways. She was able to sneak in more easily than when she first came out.

The luxury car was parked in the driveway. Keira sneaked from the backyard to the front yard. She tried to pry open the driver seat door but of course, it was locked. Keira called the system and asked her to unlock the damn car. With the car unlocked, Keira swiftly entered the vehicle and quickly started the car with the help of System 999.

Ezekiel who heard the car engine from inside the villa, quickly went outside. When the front door of the villa opened, the car was already skiting away.

System 999: [Go go go Host! (≧∇≦)/ ]

Ezekiel looked at the car that was driving away, dumbfounded. This was out of his calculations. He had forgotten the most obvious thing a person could do in that situation. Ezekiel’s eyes darkened. He took out his phone and instructed the guards to block the road and stop any car from going outside.

Keira quickly accelerated the engine, making her go past the 100mph line. The road was easy to traverse as there are no other cars blocking the way—but Keira spoke too soon. When she was about the pass the base of the mountain, Keira saw that the road was blocked with some quickly made barricades and there were people standing in the middle of the road.

Keira panicked and quickly called her system.

Keira: [Elly, do something about those people!]

System 999: [What do you want me to do Host?]

Keira: [Anything! Just stop those guards from blocking my way!]

System 999: [Roger that! (≧∇≦)7 ]

The guards who were threateningly blocking the road like they were ready to get run over if she were not to stop suddenly widened their eyes as if their entire lives had been replayed in their minds. Hesitation then formed in their face as Keira’s car sped up in their direction. Just as they were about to get hit, Keira closed her eyes, hoping that whatever the system did will work.

The guards who were willing to lose their lives a second ago, jumped to the sides on time before Keira could run them over. When Keira opened her eyes, she had already broken through the crude barricade. The car greatly shook but Keira didn’t mind and just continued to accelerate the car. With that, Keira managed to successfully escape Ezekiel’s fearsome mountain.

Keira didn’t slow down for she didn’t know when Ezekiel’s pursuers will come. Now, all that she needs to do is find someplace to hide for the night and seek out the Master in the morning. Albeit, it’s easier said than done, taking note that Ezekiel had already taken control of A City.

Finding a place to hide in your enemy's territory is in no way a simple job, but with the system on her side, even traversing through snowy mountains would become an easy feat. Nevertheless, that would still cost experience points, which Keira is trying to save. She couldn’t fully rely on the system to do everything for her.

After driving a while, the sun was already beginning to set. She stopped the car at a motel, on the outskirts of A City. Keira exchanged some of her experience points for some currency. Walking out of the car, Keira approached the lady who was sitting in the booth.

Keira, “Hi, I would like to book one room for one night.”

The lady lazily cast her glance unto Keira and said, “That would be 80.”

Keira nonchalantly smiled and dropped 100 times the amount. The lady's eyes widened at the stacked bills in front of her. She quickly changed her demeanor and developed a huge smile.

“What could I do for you, young miss?”

“Just give me a room and do not disturb me. And oh, the ‘extra tip’ is to keep your mouth shut when someone tries to inquire pertaining to me. Understand?”

“Yes, yes! You can bet that my mouth would be sealed tight.” The lady nodded her head and led Keira to her room without delay. 

6