Chapter 62: Extracting The Soul
207 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Oh fuck! Not good!’

The Master knows it had no time to form another stronger barrier. So, it tried to dash towards Keira with the goal in mind to quickly finish the spell.

Not even two steps forward, the door had already opened with a bang, and not expecting to be attacked, the Master failed to deflect the attack, and got launched outside the window.

The bulletproof glass was easily shattered by the strong force of the attack. Thankfully, the Master was able to form a small shield just enough to defend her body. She steadied herself in the air and floated using her mystic arts.

The Master had small cuts on her body from the parts where she failed to put a barrier. She looked inside the room and found Keira’s unconscious body was being held by the man who contained the unique soul.

The soul on Ezekiel’s body was disordered when the Master first saw it, but now when she looked at it again, she saw that the two souls had already combined and gave out a terrifying aura that she had never seen before. The Master could not even help but let out a murmur.

“What… the hell... Is that thing?”

The Master thought the soul was dark and chaotic due to its nature that it was incomplete and somehow fragmented. But now looking at it, it was dark because the soul itself was corrupted and wicked.

It was like peering into the soul of the devil.

‘But the attack that hit me earlier did not contain any dark affinity. In fact, it was even more of a light affinity.’

The mystic arts that the Master performs were in the middle. Depending on the user, it could produce light affinity or dark affinity.

The Master looked at the candles that were not easily extinguished by the attack earlier and remembered her goal. Although the elders would probably get mad for her causing a scene in this city, she had a duty to finish. She told Keira to rely on her, so she would not let her down.

She just needs to kill Keira. The fires on the candles will naturally guide her the way. Thankfully, the man in front of her didn’t seem to have any knowledge of the mystic arts, as his powers appeared different from theirs, so must have no knowledge of what they were doing right now. Hence, he would be able to stop the spell.

Ezekiel glanced up and met the eyes of the Master. The Master didn’t cower away and also looked at Ezekiel with her chin up. Both of their eyes were glowing gold but it was not the same exact hue.

‘Haaa… I have to fight the devil head-on. Look what you have done Keira, always talking about summoning the devil. Now the devil really appeared.’

The Master put up another shield, this time it was on a much larger scale. Just in case things get rough. The Master had no plans of really fighting Ezekiel. She had no time to. The Master floated her body back inside the room with ease.

The Master arrogantly pointed at Ezekiel and shouted, “Hey you! How can a normal human being use such explosive power? And here I thought I was special, tsk tsk.”

Ezekiel scoffed but his eyes dyed with killing intent, “None of your business.”

“Hoho… How arrogant. Maybe that’s why that woman in your arms wants to leave you. Even locking her up in the bedroom. What a creep.”

The air temperature suddenly dropped.

The Master shivered and clicked her tongue. She just wants to anger this person so that she could kill Keira while he is not looking, but looking at Ezekiel’s deadly glare now. Even if the Master manages to kill Keira, she didn’t know what would happen afterward.

‘Fuck. What have I gotten myself into.’

The Master glanced at the large moon. It was full and bright. It would be an amazing scene to look at with the tall mountains on the bottom, but this only brought a sense of urgency to the Master.

The Master prepared for any attacks from Ezekiel. If Ezekiel were to attack, she plans on countering but at the last second curve the attack to hit Keira. It would be hard to do with the timing but she had confidence in her skills.

Ezekiel held out his hand, like what he usually does when he was Aster. He followed his senses and guided the power inside him that laid dormant ever since Keira reappeared. All of this was bizarre for him but just a while ago in his bedroom. He felt extreme pain in his chest and he even started to cough up blood. Then like a click, all of the memories started to pour in. It was exactly what he had seen in his dream, but this time, he was 100% sure it was a part of his memory. He then began to fully understand that he was once ‘Aster’—no, he is Aster at the same time he is Ezekiel.

His head was confused but before he could even process all of this, he felt a powerful existence nearby and an aura was flowing from Keira’s room. He then just noticed that all his senses drastically improved that they could not even be described as ‘human qualities’ in this world.

A sense of crisis alarmed his heart. This feeling was familiar… The feeling when Keira tried to leave him when he was Aster…

So without any second thoughts, Ezekiel wiped the blood on the corner of his lips and ran to Keira’s room only to find that it was surrounded by some sort of barrier. He did not understand but his body acted on its own like it knew what it was doing and Ezekiel touched the barrier before casting something, then the barrier easily break down.

When he entered, he found a woman with brown hair holding a knife and dashing towards Keira. So Ezekiel subconsciously launched an attack. The power felt extremely familiar to him, and he was able to use it without any issues. He went towards Keira and checked her condition. Thankfully, she was fine. Ezekiel found out that she was only deeply asleep. He looked up and glared at the woman who was slowly making her way back to the bedroom.

Just when Ezekiel was about to launch another attack. Keira’s eyes slowly fluttered.

Keira groaned, “Elly… can you please shut up… you’re so noisy…”

Ezekiel and the Master stopped in their tracks and looked at the awakening Keira. The Master internally cursed. The spell lasted for about 3 hours. Now Keira was regaining senses, this could only mean that there were about 5 minutes left. It was almost midnight.

The Master thought that she had no choice—she just had to kill both Ezekiel and Keira with one attack. This way it could also potentially eliminate further problems for her. The Master also assessed that Ezekiel screams danger and she would do the world a favor by killing this type of person.

“Keira?” Ezekiel quietly called out.

Keira sluggishly tried to open her eyes but it felt too heavy. So she could only open them slightly before closing them again and opening them again. Keira could only repeat these actions. He was able to make out Ezekiel’s silhouette and thought of it as another person.

“Uhnn… Leal…?” Ezekiel faltered.

‘That name appeared again. I dreamed of myself being Leal but when I received the full memories of Aster, there was no Leal involved. So who is this person that Keira keeps on calling?’ Ezekiel's heart felt bleak.

Keira’s drowsiness began to slowly subside. She slightly opened her eyes and saw that it was not Leal but Ezekiel.

‘What…? What happened?’

“Ezekiel?” Keira gently muttered under her breath.

“Kei—” Ezekiel felt a powerful attack heading towards their way. He twisted his head and quickly he rose a barrier up from where the attack was coming from.

The attack was extremely powerful and the shield broke on impact. Ezekiel didn’t have any more time to form another shield so he covered Keira’s body with his, and blocked the attack. The attack launched both of them to the other side of the room. Ezekiel managed to lose his grip on Keira from the pain of the impact.

While they were still being sent flying away, The Mater had already launched the following attack. The attack was quick to cast since it was just small enough to kill one ordinary human. Before Ezekiel could apprehend the exceedingly small but deadly attack—the target of the attack was already hit.

Keira was still confused and her head was still hazy. She felt a strong powerful impact hit her and Ezekiel hugged her. Protecting her from whatever that impact was. And now… before her body could even roll to the ground from the previous impact, a sharp pain shoot from her chest.

Everything was in slow motion. Ezekiel was holding out his hand to cast a barrier that was once stepped too late. Keira had just awoken and now was coughing up blood from another bullet-like wound.

Keira’s body rolled and clashed with the wall. Another set of blood was coughed out. Keira’s eyes went blurry again, and her vision began dimming once again. She just awoken, but now she felt incredibly sleepy again.

‘What the fuck happened here.’ is what Keira thought as she looked at the glowing Master and Ezekiel who were running towards her with the same glowing eyes as Aster.

‘Is this why System 999 was crying and shouting in her head nonstop?’

Ezekiel arrived beside Keira and put her in his arms again, letting her bloodied figure lay on his lap.

“K—Keira?”

Keira could vaguely hear Ezekiel’s voice, but she was sure his voice was shaking.

“Don’t sleep Keira… You are always sleeping even in the afternoon.”

‘What nonsense is the male lead speaking again? Ah… I’m too tired to think any of this.’

Keira closed her heavy eyelids. Her whole figure was bleeding, not only from the whole on her chest but also from the healing wounds that opened and were now oozing out blood.

Ezekiel desperately tried to stop the bleeding while crying out to Keira to not fall asleep. But Keira remained unresponsive.

“Keira…?” Ezekiel tried calling out for Keira again but there wasn’t even a bit of reaction. In fact, her chest wasn’t even lifting and lowering.

Ezekiel moved his head and saw another incoming attack. He swiftly lifted another barrier up but the Master’s ability to stop on impact with Ezekiel’s shield—it actually went through?

It wasn’t an attack but a spell that the Master had already started chanting after she launched the small attack. The spell was the one used to guide Keira’s soul. The Master’s golden attribute touched Keira.

Seeing that he could not stop whatever the Master was doing with his shield. He desperately tried to bury Keira’s figure into his. Wishing that this would prevent the spell from succeeding. But it only continued as Keira’s body started to glow a warm golden color.

This also didn’t work. Ezekiel looked at the Master with a cold and murderous look. He intensely said. “Stop, whatever you’re doing!”

He threw an attack while still tightly holding unto Keira’s corpse. The Master had already predicted this action from Ezekiel and was able to smoothly dodge it without even putting up a shield. He glared at the Master who easily dodged his attack.

“Too late. Her soul had already left her body and is following the path I made right now.”

The Master’s only thought now was, ‘Oh my fucking god. We barely made it in time with only seconds to spare. The soul should now have successfully transferred over.’

.

The Master looked at the mess left by the battle and the man who was still trying to call over the woman’s name like a corpse was ever going to respond to a living person. She did feel a little bit of pity for Ezekiel.

‘Now I have lay low again, in case this nutjob comes looking for my ass. Better leave now while his distracted talking to his beloved.’

The Master left.

Ezekiel was still calling out Keira’s name while hugging her bloodied soaked body.

“Keira.”

“Keira…”

“Don’t leave me again…”

He lowered his head in defeat.

“I... don’t I can take it anymore if you leave me again…”

When Keira closed her eyes again after getting shot for the third time in this world—Technically she was not really ‘shot’ but the feeling was the same, she had the same suction feeling when transferring worlds.

Once she opened them again, what greeted her was a dark gloomy cell and she was…

‘Fuck! I’m fucking tied up inside a basement cell!’

She was currently chained with her hands up inside an underground dungeon.

 

Yehey we have reached the end of this arc! I just want to say thank you for all the support so far <33 

The chapter extra would be uploaded next week on Monday. Here we could finally discover the perspective of Ezekiel throughout the first transmigration of Keira, and FINALLY know why Ezekiel was too 'forgiving' to Stella. I really love this chapter extra because we could actually see a character shift in Ezekiel after Keira left the world. 

 

Announcement

Will be having a mini hiatus for 2-3 weeks starting on October 3, since this was the supposed schedule of the arc 3 release. I really have a lot to deal with real-life issues and am extremely busy with school right now, passing requirements, and upcoming exams. Will try to get back early as much as possible. Hoping for your understanding <3

Will post an announcement on my profile page when everything is settled and when I could actually start uploading chapters again! 

6