Arc 2 Extra: Rebound Keira
340 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ezekiel's POV

 

I was a university student when I first met Stella. I was studying business finance and we were in the same class together. It was a prestigious university but luckily I managed to enter due to my high grades. So social class boundaries were undoubtedly present. I didn’t mind this since I had no intention of building relationships with these people in order to expand my network since I only wanted to finish school and land a good stable job to support my family.

However, just because you want something, doesn’t necessarily mean it would come to you. Women would always flock left and right, trying to offer money or ‘help’ me out when I graduate after school by having a secured position in their big companies. But of course, this comes with the price that I ‘entertain’ them.

‘Revolting.’

Then one woman suddenly started to stick herself to me. She seemed to be a young mistress of a notorious family, I thought she was going to be another disgusting fly, but the innocent expressions displayed on her face made her somewhat bearable.

Afterward, I got to see different cute sides of her and unknowingly, my heart was already skipping beats every time I peer at her face. Although there were times that her behavior annoys me, seeing her smiling figure just vanishes those unpleasant feelings away.

Just looking at her visage calms me.

Anyway, she was respectful of me, does not ridicule me for my poor upbringing, and I could see the genuine love in her eyes. So when she asked me out, I agreed.

Because perhaps… I also like her since my heart is acting weird when I see her smile.’

There were times that I would unconsciously trace the features of her face like uprooting something in my heart. Stella would always laugh and ask why I always like touching her face.

I also… do not understand…

I could not understand why I feel this way. There were other women who were prettier and more tolerable than her, but only to her expressions do my heart react.

Stella and I were still together after we graduated. Our lives have been peaceful so far, until one day when Stella suddenly banged on the door. When I opened my small apartment door, Stella was there standing. Her clothes were drenched from the rain and her eyes had been puffy from crying so much.

I let her enter and she explained that her parents wants them to break up because she was now all ‘grown up’ and she could not continue to be with a man like ‘me’. I was mad but Stella stopped me from talking to her parents. She said that she didn’t want to go back to her parents and that she would be willing to stay with me in this small apartment.

Even my cold heart was somewhat moved. Before, I had thought that my love for her had only deepened, but soon I realized that it was only ‘pity’ that hit me at that moment.

..

Now with an additional person at home, I started to work even harder to get a bonus for my paycheck. Stella didn’t do anything at home and would only from time to time, clean the house. This didn’t bother me, as being able to see her appearance greet me when I get home washes all the tiredness away.

Our lives continued this way until… I was kidnapped by Stella’s parents.

All of this was ridiculous, but when they threatened me using my parents, I could only incline with their request. I could trade the lives of the people who brought me to life and supported me for a woman. Besides, I believe I could earn her back in the future.

I broke up with Stella and she stormed out of the house, back to her home just like what her parents intended. I was saddened by the fact that I could not continue to look at her from my side when I return home.

The next morning, I receive a message from her parents. Thanking me and telling me that Stella would be leaving for C City. Along with the message, there was a screenshot that money had been sent to my account.

I was furious but didn’t decline the money. It had already been sent anyways and it would be foolish not to utilize it and slap them in the face using the money they had personally sent. Using the money, I started my own small business and gradually expanded it to become the ‘Cu Company’.

Shortly after, the business started growing exponentially, but before I could reach the peak, my mother died and was shortly followed by my father who could decide to follow my mother to heaven.

I looked at the graves of my parents but didn’t feel any sadness in my heart. I only left some flowers and walk back to my car, to head to the company to work…

A couple of years had passed. I was 28 years old. My company had already expanded all over A City and was slowly extending its reach to B City and C City.

Even after 5 years had passed, I could not get Stella out of my mind. I started to have women who share similar features to Stella. But none of them would last long since they only arouse any momentary interest in my eyes, which immediately dies out.

My assistant handed me a file of the background of the current woman I was spending the night with. Her face had the closest resemblance to Stella's.

When I met her, she was the same as the others. Her eyes, clearly trying to curry favor to earn my favor. I didn’t mind since we were in a mutual benefit relationship anyways. I decided to keep her by my side since she had the most similar face to Stella. If you were to look at them from afar, it would be hard to spot the difference between the two.

When I called her for dinner the next week, she gave off a completely different ambiance. It even made me think, ‘Are they completely different people?’ but brushed off the absurd idea in my mind.

But from her laugh, to her silly jokes, and her eyes… They say that the eyes are the window to the soul, and I could see that the greed she had shown the other week was nowhere to be found. Even the cunning smile was replaced with a beaming face. An inexplicable feeling dawned on me.

This must be because she looked highly similar to Stella.

But I could not shake off the pounding of my heart. It was completely different from the feeling I held when I looked at Stella. Even Stella had not caused this much reaction in me, but most probably this is only excitement that I felt after spending dinner with someone extremely similar to Stella.

A copy is a copy after all…

What’s really interesting is after dinner, she told me her name was ‘Keira’. I recalled in the file my assistant sent me last week, her name was different. ‘Keira’ only laugh and said that she preferred being called this way since she hated her name.

‘Keira… What an interesting name.’ A smile had already formed on my face when I replay that name in my mind.

Stella came back to A City. I was ecstatic. I managed to explain everything to Stella and we got back together. Yet, Keira’s interesting and cheerful disposition always lingers on the back of my head.

Not long after Stella arrived from A City, I managed to find out that I was wearing a green hat for the whole duration when Stella and him dated in the last years of university until now. This greatly aggravated me but any more than that, no other emotions popped out.

I was alone in my office, letting my mind drift to the quiet surroundings. I had thought that I loved Stella, that I was so obsessed with building my company to earn her back. Now, that I knew she had cheated on me for some measly guy on C City, my heart did not give much reaction except anger for being toyed with.

Then what was the point?

Suddenly I heard a gentle voice, “Ezekiel…”

Whilst I was busy sorting out my thoughts, unbeknownst to me, the door had quietly opened and Keira was softly making her way towards my figure. I turned my head and looked at Keira who revealed a worried expression.

“Are you okay?” She quietly called out.

I looked directly into her eyes and she didn’t shy away. My heart raced at the troubled look present on her face because of me.

If what I felt for Stella was not affection, then… What do I feel for this person that was supposed to be a replacement for Stella?

Keira continued to accompany me and tried to ‘cheer’ me up in her own dumb ways and I let myself get swept along her tactics. It was amusing to watch. However, as I continued to interact with Keira more, the more the inexplicable feeling that I felt every time she was around continued to grow.

I asked her directly, “Why do I feel this way when I’m around you?”

She confidently replied, “It’s because you like me.”

‘Like…?’

I inquired again, “I like you?”

Keira showed a bright smile and even lifted her chest up high “Yes, you like me! I mean, who doesn’t like a sweet person like me?”

I laughed for the first time after so many years.

I wiped the tear that formed in the corner of my eye and saw the dumbfounded Keira. My smile widened as I approached her.

Before she could snap out of her trance, I grabbed her chin, tilted her head up, and landed a deep kiss on her pink lips. It was deep but brief.

When I removed my lips, Keira had still not processed everything that had happened in the small span of time. I gently cupped her cheek while my arm encircled her waist. I could see Keira’s iris were still shaking.

I lovingly looked at her and said, “Yes, I like you.”

And maybe I had liked you already since the very beginning…

After confirming my feelings, our relationship had gotten deeper. Despite, having an official label, Keira still didn’t change. She was still acting the same. At first, I had thought the moment I asked her out she would change and only have her eyes on wealth. But she never fails to surprise me. This only made me appreciate her more and fall deeper.

The like soon turned into love.

Two years had already passed. Stella still continued to pester me, saying that she loves me and she could not forget our blooming love during our college days. This only made me scoff. I wanted to get rid of her the moment Stella approached me again, but her having an identical face to Keira obstructed my thoughts.

Keira and I were only getting closer. Somehow, anxiety was building up inside me. I didn’t know before that I could fall this deeply for a person and become extremely selfish and possessive because of it.

I didn’t like anyone approaching her. I didn’t like it if she interacted with anyone. I don’t want to show her smile to other people. As a matter of fact, I don’t want people to look at her at all. How I wish I could just—lock her up.

But I can't… I know she will be unhappy, and I can’t do that to her. She will lose her brilliance if I do not allow her to shine. I will lose her smile if I force her against her will. But the feeling of wanting to lock her away was always present in the back of my mind.

I could never tie her to my side… unless I go crazy.

However, there is a way to tie Keira down, without making her unhappy. And perhaps, the uneasiness I feel will wash away when I can claim her mine.

I began to plan. I carefully selected a ring that will suit her taste. I didn’t think that choosing a small piece of jewelry would bring much satisfaction, but after choosing the right ring, a smile unknowing form on my face.

This would suit her small little ring finger.

I rented a vacation house in the mountains since Keira greatly enjoys the mountain view. Perhaps, I should make a villa on the mountain sometime.

Keira liked the vacation house so much. Her eyes were gleaming throughout the house tour. I chuckled looking at her stupid expression. She was extremely cute.

Suddenly, as were getting settled in, a call arrived. I answered my phone, only to find out that someone profusely attacking the company while I was gone. Is that person trying to commit suicide by attacking openly? Either way, my mood had already plummeted after being interrupted during an important vacation.

I told Keira that I had something to settle in the company and I’ll be back. The travel takes 6 hours from the vacation house to the urban area. Even though Keira agreed, I could see the disappointment in her eyes. This made me clench my fist in anger.

Now that person who attacked me is dead.

When I arrived at the company to settle everything quickly, I received a call from one of my bodyguards. I picked up, only to be told that they had been ambushed and that Keira was taken. My sight instantly blackened.

I asked on the phone while gritting my teeth, “What do you mean she was kidnapped?”

The bodyguard only replied, “I’m sorry sir.”

I wanted to smash my phone, but I need to contact people in order to track her. I asked my subordinates to check all surveillance camera’s near the vacation house and track the van.

When news finally arrived, I quickly grabbed my coat and headed to the car, and brought my subordinates with me.

Please be safe Keira.

The place where Keira was held was only an hour away, and this was a building that Stella’s family company own. I got out of the car and swiftly made my way inside. When I arrived inside, Keira was tied to a chair and a person was approaching her with a knife. I asked my subordinates to move and they managed to quickly subdued those men who were not even skilled.

Stella was also subdued by my subordinates and she was bewildered by my appearance. Horror was evident on her face, but I didn’t pay any more attention to her face. Keira was there on the chair still tied, with a smile on her face. Her hands were still tied but she was trying her best to move her hand to express a greeting by attempting to wave in my direction.

Haaa… I really… can’t with this woman. A helpless smile also appeared on my face at her foolish actions and seeing that she was fine.

I released her from the binds and brought her to my embrace.

I mumbled while she was still in my arms, “Thank god you’re safe, if not…”

I would have killed everyone in this room with my own hands.

Keira was patting my back in comfort when she suddenly, shoved me aside with a panicked expression. My eyes grew wide. It happened in an instant but I felt time had slowed down and I saw Keira displayed a sad smile.

Being together with Keira for more than 2 years, I had seen a lot of her different expressions, but this was the first time I had seen that look of melancholy in her eyes and the small dejected smile.

Bang!

My body slammed to the ground after being powerfully shoved by Keira. When I looked in her direction, she was already lying on the floor. I immediately got up and approached her figure.

I lifted her into my arms and right away, I felt hot and sticky fluid flow from her chest. My hands shook as I saw life start to quickly disappear from her eyes. Her mouth quivered like she was trying to say something, but only blood continued to flow from her mouth.

“Le—cough…. I’m… sorry…”

When the last word left her lips, her eyes lost their luster and became unfocused as if, she died…

But how can she die..?

How can she die when she promised to spend her life entire life with me?

I called her out, “Keira…”

No response.

I continued to talk, “H—hey… I have been meaning to tell you… That I have always loved you…”

I carefully brought her up to my chest and hugged her tightly.

“I love you… So… will you marry me?”

Still no response.

I strongly dug my hands into her finger as I felt my sanity slowly escape. Then when I was to get the box from my pocket that contained the ring, I heard a voice.

“Hahaha! She’s dead Ezekiel! Now you can never be with your loved one like me!” Stella madly laughed.

The strength of my fingers that dug into Keira’s skin loosed and along with it—my sanity snapped.

I released Keira’s body and gently laid her down on the floor. My expression was already dark beyond recognition and when I cast my gaze on Stella, her body instinctively tremble. The subordinate that was holding her down released her when I got near.

“You… get away from m—argh!”

Stella didn’t get to finish her sentence as my hands were already choking her neck, preventing any more words from coming out.

“Ack—!”

Stella continued to struggle, but I only tightened my grip on her neck. She scratched my arms and her feet began to move frantically. Veins were protruding from her head and her eyes were forming tears, becoming misty.

When I saw her crying appearance. I stopped… My hand loosened its grip.

“...Keira?”

Stella coughed as the air was flowing back into her lungs. She held her neck as she continued to have a coughing fit. I brought her to my embrace and gently caressed her hair. I felt the figure in my arms stiffen.

“Shhh… It’s going to be okay Keira…”

The breathing of the person still hadn’t stabilized so I continue to guide her.

“Okay, breath in…. Breath out…”

The person followed my instruction and tried to balance her breathing.

“Yes, that’s right… Good girl.” I cupped her cheeks and kissed her forehead as if trying to reward her.

The person still trembled in my arms so I could only continue to stroke her head and give some words of comfort. Then the person hesitantly tried to speak, but her voice seemed to crack for some reason as if her throat got damaged.

“Ezekiel… What—are you doing?”

I revealed a small smiled and looked at ‘Keira’ lovingly.

“Of course, I’m trying to relax you since you hadn’t stopped trembling.”

Keira’s eyes flickered, “You… have gone insane.”

I tilted my head in confusion while showing an innocent smile, “What do you mean?”

Keira’s eyes widened in horror and her body only continued to violently shiver.

‘Maybe she’s still scared that’s why she’s acting like that.’ I thought to myself. But something whispered in the back of my head, ‘why was she scared in the first place?’

My hand momentarily twitched. But I got off those noisy thoughts away.

It doesn’t matter anyway… Since I’m here to soothe her.

—And Keira’s here where I comfort her in my arms.

 

Wow that got dark, but this is nothing compared to—I mean haha... Anyways, how the tables turned. It was Keira being used as a replacement for Stella, now the role has been reversed after Keira died. Keira was also using Ezekiel as a stand-in for Leal. Basically everyone was just using each other in this world lmao. 

Next world would be a rollercoaster ride. I'm excited to show it! But as I mentioned in the previous chapter, I would be taking a mini hiatus starting on Oct 3, for 2-3 weeks. So you guys will have to wait for arc 3 until then. 

Thank you as always for your support! Hoping to still see you next month <33333

6