Chapter 63: In A Dungeon Already?! (1)
167 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'm finally back!! (≧∇≦)/ I'm still so busy and currently at school taking my exams, but this is the last day so I can finally focus on writing again! I didn't have time to thoroughly edit this chapter so please inform me of any mistakes <33 Here are the first two chapters of the 3rd arc, Happy Reading Everyone!

After relieving the experience of her soul moving, Keira finally woke up. What greeted her this time was nowhere near what she had expected.

She was currently hanging on by her feet. Her hands were bound together and tied to the ceiling, and she was barely standing on her tippy toes.

She wanted to inspect her surroundings more but couldn’t see well due to the surroundings being dim and somber with only a lit torch outside her cell as her light source. Nonetheless, it was enough for her to know that she was in an underground cell base. There wasn’t even a window or anything of the sort that could be found anywhere.

Using the small speck of light from the torch, Keira looked down at her body and tried to look at the state of her body. Her hair was a beautiful orange. It was long and had soft curls that seemed to naturally flow. Her body had a good figure. She was currently wearing provocative clothing that showcased her flat belly and highlighted her hourglass figure.

With one glance, anyone would be able to tell that she was a dancer. If she were to compare her clothes to her original world, then these types of clothes would belong to the eastern dancers. Though the clothes and traditions in this world were nowhere near the eastern countries in her original world.

It is a shame though, that her seemingly seductive perfect body had many visible bruises and small cuts here and there. The bruising was worst in her stomach area, where a large patch of greenish-purple mark was apparent.

There weren’t mirrors nor reflective surfaces nearby, so Keira had no opportunity to check her appearance and the state of her face. She did not even know if she have a huge scar on her face, as she could not touch her own face from the binds on her hand.

‘Wait… If I have a perfect figure then maybe—!’

Keira instantly moved her neck downwards and she felt a pang in her heart immediately after…

‘I…’

Keira felt tears forming in the corner of her eye.

‘Why…’

‘Why am I… flat?! I feel like I even downgraded!’

Wait, nono… Keira squinted her eyes hard and found that there was a small mound present. Keira let out a sigh of relief.

‘Phew, thought I transmigrated to a man this time from how small the chest of the original owner.’

It was still acceptable as long as there is a small bump—is what Keira told herself.

She was getting sidetracked again. Keira wanted to slap herself but remembered that her hands were still up in the air from the shackles.

‘Why is the original owner of this body here in the first place? Did she commit treason by seducing the emperor and got thrown into this dark cell by the empress?’

Anyway, Keira had no way of knowing about the original owner since System 999 was not present. When Keira arrived in the first world again, her system only lagged behind for less than a day. In the second world, System 999 was behind a day. Seeing that System 999 was still delayed, Keira could only assume that the interval would be longer but for how long? Probably a couple of days; could be more or could be less. There was actually no way of knowing since Keira had no idea what caused this phenomenon in the first place. Nevertheless, it is still safer to assume the worst possible outcomes.

Keira just hoped that System 999 does indeed reconnect and come back, otherwise… she may be permanently stuck in this world or one of the worlds. Though Keira highly doubts the main system would leave her lingering alone since she could potentially disrupt the world balance just by her mere presence. In the end, she does not originally belong to these worlds.

Getting her focus back to her current predicament, Keira tried to move her hands free but of course, the movement only cost the chains to let out a clanking sound. Keeping in mind that the previous owner’s body had already been once dead, Keira could not continue to stay in this confined place.

Maybe they had starved the previous owner to death, or maybe she died from the infections of the untreated wounds throughout her body. In any case, Keira had to find a way to get out of this place.

When the main system transfers her soul to the body of the person who had died at the exact moment, the main system gives the body a little bit of revitalization, so the Hosts won’t automatically die when they take over the body. It’s like restoring it to its previous state just hours before they die, giving the Hosts enough time to react and act.

Keira could swing her body to and fro but it won’t do much than drain her stamina, causing her body to decline even more. There wasn’t anything her feet could touch or pick up. There was literally nothing inside the cell around her, based on the fickle light from the torch. Keira could not do anything by herself for now, but she had an idea in mind.

There were no guards on site but because this is a prison cell, there would surely be someone who would do a routine inspection. Keira needed to act in that instance. She required an outside force to be able to get out, or she would rot here like the previous body owner if she doesn’t do anything soon.

Until then, she had just needed to wait it out… However, Keira felt that if she were to just wait things out inside the cell, with unbearable hunger, thirst, aching body, and a bored mind, Keira felt she would lose her mind.

At this moment, Keira decided to relieve the plot of this world in her head while waiting for a guard to arrive. She could not only optimize her time properly but also occupy her mind, in case she would suddenly start singing out of boredom despite her aching throat.

Keira’s identity in this world was the most skilled knight of the empire. Her task was to assist the male lead revolt against his tyrant father, overpass his brothers and sisters, and successfully ascend the throne. The male lead of this world was named—Adage Othman.

Adage was the 9th prince of the empire, with 10 other princes and 5 princesses. Adage was extremely pitiful. Him being the 9th prince, he had no backing and supporters mainly due to his mother’s peasant background. His mother—Yasmina, was only a country bumpkin who went to the main city of the empire to find a job since life in the countryside was hard, especially with the unnaturally high taxes that were demanded from them.

After applying for jobs, Yasmina manages to land a job in a big restaurant as a waitress, due to her beautiful appearance. Working for a year in the restaurant, she manages to find a lot of things about the empire. She found out that the state of her hometown was the result of their tyrant emperor who just wasted his time indulging in mortal pleasures. The emperor liked to sleep with different women, and waste his time with heinous ‘hobbies’, basically leaving the once strong empire to slowly decline. Corrupt officials filled the court, whilst the righteous officials either left their posts or are still trying to salvage their empire from crumbling and getting into the enemies' hands.

Yasmina had now a deep understanding of their current ruler that had no intention of even properly ruling its country. She took in mind to avoid this emperor at all costs. However, luck was not on her side. Yasmina manages to catch the attention of the passing emperor who was seeking to pass time in the restaurant she worked in. 

4