Chapter 79: Where Do You Belong?(1)
126 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Keira woke up again in the same wide room. When she opened her eyes, Adage was already sitting on the bed looking at her lovingly. After greeting her good morning, he went out to prepare her breakfast. Turns out, Keira slept for another day.

Yesterday, she woke up early in the afternoon. Keira had been in this world for approximately 3 days if it were to include today. Yet, there were still no signs of System 999.

Keira pondered, ‘Did something hold her up? Is what I asked not allowed and System 999 is currently being punished by the main system? But judging from how the main system operates, it would just automatically replace System 999 with a new system to assist me.’

Keira pushed back her thoughts and decided to wait for a week or two before she would actually begin to panic.

Adage came back and the meal went the same as yesterday, with Adage keeping a close eye on Keira in case she would try to go on a ‘hunger strike’. But seeing her obediently eating her food in disgruntlement with her eyebrows scrunched together but still had her cheeks full of food, made Adage unconsciously smile.

Keira who saw the tender smile of Adage in the corner of her eyes trembled. She was still extremely upset by this particular male lead. Moving her gaze to her feet which were covered by the blanket, she felt even more depressed.

“I’m done eating.” Keira pushed the almost empty plate away from her.

“Hmm? Why didn’t you finish it? There is only so little left.” Adage spoke softly.

“Can’t. Don’t have the appetite anymore.”

“Okay… Whatever you say.” Adage still wore a pampering look on his face that made Keira uncomfortable.

He took the food away from her and called a servant from outside to take the tray of food from him. Closing the door, he went back to Keira’s side. He kneeled down beside her bed again like a dog and peered at Keira; looking above. Keira looked away from Adage’s direction and just stared at the painting in the corner of the wall.

“Do you want to take a walk outside?”

Keira snapped her head from the painting back to the male lead sitting on the floor with his head now resting on the mattress. She shot a cold glare in his direction.

“Hah! Actually saying to the person you crippled to have a walk outside, are you that shameless?!”

Keira scoffed and mocked Adage, “Or do you actually find pleasure in doing this to me and keeping me in your palms? I suppose you are that type of person.”

“Mhmm… I like seeing you like this. I like how helpless you are without me. How you could not move anywhere without my support and how you could not ever leave my side again.”

Keira thought, ‘What the heck! Instead of denying and putting up an aggrieved front, he actually upright agreed to it!’

Keira did not back down and answered back, “How funny would it be if I were to actually manage to escape with these crippled legs?”

In an instant, the room temperature dropped.

Keira felt chills run through her spine. Adage stood up and immediately exuded a dangerous aura. His eyes turned red from anger. His face became dark.

He looked down at her domineeringly and slowly said word for word.

“I.will.not.allow.that.to.happen.at.all.cost.”

His voice was low and terrifying. It even made Keira gulp from nervousness. Keira knew she had to leave, but seeing Adage’s blackened face, she instantly understand that she only had one shot at leaving this male lead.

Unlike the other two where they only become much worst after they had caught her the second time. Just imagining this male lead who had already sliced her achilles tendon so she could not even stand, much less walk around the room, become even more dominating and controlling, Keira would not be shocked if Adage would also cut other parts of her body just to render her powerless. The ropes might even come back to play, or he could do much worst than Keira could ever imagine.

‘Stupid bug! Stop following me! How the hell would I manage the next world if the blackened bar continues to stack?!’

Keira started her cursing spree in her head.

Adage looked at the shaken Keira. He suppressed his turbulent emotions and grim thoughts. He took a deep breath before exhaling it, calming himself down. He kneeled down to the ground again but this time he took Keira’s hand with him, bringing it to his cheek. He cupped her hand with his and laid his head.

Looking at Adage now, it was like the scary expression he wore earlier was just a figment of her imagination. He looked so innocent and harmless in her hand.

‘Innocent and harmless my ass!’ Despite the curses, Keira could not deny that she was currently captivated by Adage’s face and serene expression.

“Keira…” Adage softly called out.

“Huh…? I mean what?”

Adage delicately smiled, “Promise me that you won’t leave me again.”

“I… What, why would I promise such a thing?” Keira was caught off guard.

Adage still continued to speak in a sweet tone, “But didn’t you mention before that you love me? Not just in this world, but the other worlds too.”

He was right. Keira did indeed declare her ‘love’ for them just for the mission completion. Was it harsh to have led someone along without actually loving them? Of course it was. Nonetheless, Keira had to do it. She had no other choice. She knew she was being cruel to these love interests, but she was not entirely at fault, it was the main system that assigned such tasks to her.

Now, these male leads she led along had completely blackened. This could also be called payback for leading them on and leaving their hanging hearts. Keira always felt that she also hold some fault, that’s why she wasn’t too harsh with the previous male leads. But now she was disabled by one of the hands of these love interests, she could not tolerate this anymore. It was really unfair on her part. To have to deal with the blackened male leads, even after finishing the agreed number of tasks the main system asked for her.

Maybe the bug is only an excuse for something bigger. Keira had no way of knowing and that was even more frustrating. She was the core player of this whole ideal yet she could not do anything but await System 999’s return, and find out all about this bug.

Keira finally spoke after a moment of silence, “Yes, that’s right. I did love you, but now you crippled me. How could I continue to love the person who caused me great harm?”

“Then why do you always try to leave me first when you love me?” His eyes were now becoming desperate.

“I told you before, I don’t belong in the world where I had already died. The person who you knew and loved before is dead, and so are the feelings that person carried.”

Keira wore a cold and distant expression. This caused a great ache in Adage’s heart. He clenched his bandaged hand that was holding Keira’s hand, tighter. He looked at Keira intently. His eyes were burning as he would finally ask what was been bothering him all this time.

“If so… Where do you actually belong, Keira?” 

We still have exams next week. I can't feel the Christmas break due to all the school works TT

3