Chapter 80: Where Do You Belong?(2)
188 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Keira’s eyes widened at the question Adage asked. She hadn’t expected he would directly ask. She thought that Adage would never ask because he was scared of facing the truth and would know the actual vast gap that she and Adage have.

Her voice quavered, “I—I don’t… belong anywhere.”

‘To be exact, I belong somewhere, but not here...’ Keira finished her sentence in her mind. He could never tell Adage this, for this would only aggravate him even more. She had learned her lesson in the previous world.

Adage’s eyes softened from her words and the force he put on her hand reduced significantly.

“No. You always have a place where you belong Keira, and that is by my side.” He revealed a bright smile that seemed to radiate sunshine.

Two days painfully passed. During those two days, Keira had to adjust a lot, given that she was now disabled. First was the issue with the bathroom. Going to the bathroom by herself was absolutely impossible. When Keira couldn’t hold her bathroom urges anymore, she would become fidgety and wear an uncomfortable expression. Adage obviously noticed this and asked Keira if she needed to have a trip to the comfort room.

Keira at first declined, but when she really couldn’t hold it anymore, she had no other choice but to yield. Adage would bring her in his arms and personally carry her to the bathroom. This instantly made Keira pale, she didn’t want Adage to be there when she was doing her business, I mean… anyone would be uncomfortable in her situation.

Thankfully, Adage only help her settle in the toilet and leave her for some privacy for herself, which made Keira naturally relieved. When it comes to taking a bath, Adage would still bring her to the bathroom but would then bring this one female servant in.

This servant would attentively wash her body and hair. While bathing, Keira had tried striking up a conversation with this servant, but always received no response. Keira initially thought that this servant was just asked by Adage to remain quiet while attending to her, but she was proven wrong when she went to face the servant upfront and tried to converse. The servant who was washing her hair at that time was caught by surprise and yelled out a weird yelp, which made Keira puzzled.

Keira tried talking again peering carefully into this servant's face and she soon found out that it was not Adage that asked the servant not to talk to her, it was the servant who was deaf and mute. This caught Keira by surprise. She now even had a deeper understanding of the intensity of the obsession coming from Adage.

Earlier in the morning, Keira tried standing up to see if she was truly disabled, or if she could walk even just a couple of steps. She moved her legs to be hanging on the side of the bed. She grabbed the nightstand as support. She carefully lowered her feet until she touched the carpeted floor. She slowly put weight on her two feet, but when she tried standing up with only the support of her both hands holding the nightstand, Keira immediately stumbled over from the intense pain.

She even felt tears swelling up from the ridiculous pain. Adage heard the commotion nearby and saw Keira sprawled on the floor like the first day she woke up. He naturally helped Keira back onto the bed, kissing her on the head and leniently telling her that it was useless. Keira felt angered again.

Going back to the present, it was almost lunch time and Keira hadn’t talked to Adage again after the event from earlier.

The maid entered, bringing food over the table in the room. The maid took a large bow, before quietly leaving the room. Adage, who was working on the pile of papers since this morning, stood up and walked to Keira.

“Come, it’s lunch. Let us eat.” He stated before carrying Keira to the table and having her situated before she could protest.

They both quietly ate their meal. After finishing, the same maid was called again and diligently cleared up the plates, before silently leaving again. Adage and Keira were still sitting in their respective seats. Not like Keira could even stand and walk away from Adage even if she wanted to.

Keira still didn’t look at Adage’s face, clearly pouting. Adage suddenly stood up, causing Keira to flinch. Keira thought that Adage would transfer her back to bed or would bring her to the couch nearby the window where she could receive some natural sunlight and watch the large garden outside. However, Adage stopped just in front of her. She was a little bit intimidated but of course, showed none of it to Adage.

Adage suddenly kneeled down in front of her similar to how he always kneeled down in the corner of her bed, resting his head on her bed.

He languidly called out, “Keira…”

Keira’s hand that was resting on the table twitched. Him just calling out her name with deep affection and a deep voice that seemed to tickle her eardrums to her heart. Subsequently, Keira felt two hands touch both her knees, and a soft yet heavy feeling landed soon followed. Adage laid his head on her lap.

Having finally looked at Adage and saw round amethyst-colored eyes that were peeking at her face. His head was resting on her knees and his hands were buried underneath from all those jet-black hair that was sliding to the side, showcasing his dark eyebrows and long lashes.

‘He is really handsome but somewhat rotten on the inside.’

Keira continued to comment in her mind how Adage looks appetizing in the eyes but felt vile to digest what was on the inside.

No matter how much Adage continued to look cute in front of her with his languid puppy-looking eyes, the fire in her heart that continue to burn in anger from the ludicrous thing Adage has done remained strong.

She thought, ‘I would never fall for this trap. I would be foolish if I do so!’ 

That's all I missed for this week! Back to studying TT

4