Chapter 6 – $2000
176 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6

One particular headline caught my interest.

'A DP today goes a long way.'

I thought it would teach me a few tips on how to use DP properly, so I clicked it.

But, contrary to my expectations, it was… a lottery?

'For just one DP, you have the chance to win $2000, A VR headset, and the opportunity to become an exclusive tester!'

There was a lottery wheel below it.

'...Do I really need to waste a whole DP for this?'

Even though I knew that I would not win anything, a small part of me urged me to try anyway.

It seems my DP had refilled, so I decided to take a gamble.

The wheel spun, and the pin stopped…

AT THE GRAND PRIZE?!

What?

Ha. I'm dreaming. Of course.

I chuckled and pinched myself.

"Ow!"

I gasped.

This was real?

What?

WHAT?!

I felt dizzy. I won. I actually won!

"What the ****?!" I screamed.

I felt a giddying high took over me, but it all faded, leaving only a dizzying numbness behind, when an ominous thought popped up in my mind.

'Isn't this too good to be true?'

I looked at the popup that had covered the screen.

[CONGRATULATIONS!

You've won!

Please input your mobile number/alternative means of contact for our representative to reach out.]

I definitely didn't want to input my mobile number in case this was a scam, so I chose 'Dismord' as my alternative means of contact and put in my Dismord ID.

I took a few deep breaths to calm myself and went out of my room, to tell my mother about what had just happened.

***

"Here, the representative already reached out to me." My daughter said while giving me the phone.

"This quick…?" I narrowed her eyes while skimming through the message that was sent.

'Hello ElenPlay!

I'm James, a representative of Harmony!

You've won the grand prize! If you can give me a method of payment, I can send over the prize money. I'd love to discuss with you about the opportunity to become an exclusive tester. If you can give me your address, I can also deliver the VR headset!'

I read the message over and over again before pondering about it.

Giving my PoyPol email shouldn't be a problem, right? I wasn't willing to divulge any details other than that, though.

Just in case, I searched the internet to see if scammers could scam people with just a PoyPol mail, and most results said it should be okay.

So, I responded,

'Hi!

This is ElenPlay's mother. This is my PoyPol email- ……….'

I was honestly ninety percent sure this was a scam, and didn't even want to risk giving my PoyPol email, but, seeing Elena's expression, which was filled with suppressed excitement, I couldn't just not try at all… even if it meant taking a risk.

*DING*

I grabbed my phone to see what the notification was-

'You received $2000 USD from Harmony Inc.'

Author's Note:

ElenPlay was the MCs Dismord ID. 

How's the new cover?

6