Chapter 4: Teaching (edited)
440 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Last time on RaSD, Our protagonist is captured by one of the most powerful human martial artists in this era. How will he escape this scenario?

"What magical creature are you little one?" said the elderly man as he handles the baby dragon. He admired the blue scales and wide eyes that the dragon had. He noticed it seemed to struggle loosening his grip around the dragon but it seemed to stop as it looked at his face.

"Please let me go!" (Namike's inner voice)

"Kuuuuu!"

Grandpa Gohan lets go of Namike as Namike decided to finish the meal instead of talking to Grandpa Gohan, it seems that his stomach wants food more than talking to one of his idols of the dragon ball world. His system seemed to stop beeping as well once Namike calmed down.

Gohan chuckles at the dragon's shameless eating while in a stranger's house. The dragon reminded him of a certain monkey that only was tamed after giving it food. While he wanted to talk more, he had to set up the lure again so he went into the forest to gather more fruits.

Namike after filling his stomach to the brim. he turned around to look for Gohan but couldn't see where he went. Although he did feel a sense of danger, His knowledge shows that Grandpa Gohan doesn't kill or mistreat intruders so he decided to sleep on the table. While Namike was sleeping, Grandpa Gohan returned with more fruits and vegetables and laid them on the table. He carried Namike over to the lawn behind the building and laid a spare blanket beneath Namike.

Grandpa Gohan instead stalks the table and waits for his prey to dine on it. A little monkey decided to come home and was hopping along after going toilet and exploring when a nice smell wafted into his nose. He rushed home to see what Namike just witnessed some time ago and like a loop, it went straight to eating the buffet of fruits.

Grandpa Gohan secretly stalks his prey and prepares his ambush. He quietly pounced on the monkey and caught him in his grasp. The monkey child tried escaping his grasp but Gohan was too strong. Eventually, it decided to just accept its fate of being snatched

"Can I be let go?" Little Goku asks Gohan.

"Only if you promise to come back in time next time."

"I promise. I am hungry."

As Grandpa Gohan let go of the little monkey, He shifted over to the side and observed how Goku leapt onto the table and ate similarly as the baby dragon a few hours ago.

Goku ate just as fast as Namike before he also collapsed from exhaustion due to his little adventure and just slept on the table. Grandpa Gohan picked up Goku and placed him next to Namike on the lawn and just brought the other spare blanket. Unknown to Gohan, this will be the first meeting of the first Saiyan Dragon rider and the start of the legend of Namike the Dragon Warrior.

One night later,

Namike awakens and stretches while laying down. His body has grown slightly bigger making him bigger than a 6-year-old which is the age Goku is now. At the present, Namike looks at his surroundings and decides to nap some more as it is too early for him. Unfortunately, He was only able to sleep before due to being in deep sleep which means now he can feel a tail next to him wiggling in his sleep. Namike is alarmed and checks out the new face he is shocked to see a younger Son Goku than at the start of the series of dragon ball. Well, Namike forgot that he was able to meet Grandpa Gohan yesterday who died before the start.

After standing in shock for a couple of seconds, he saw Grandpa Gohan chopping some wood quietly although the distance is less than 5 meters. The skill shown impressed Namike but deep within he felt the skill could be improved. He was surprised by this until he suddenly saw a human model with all the muscles shown chopping down in a straight and powerful swing compared to Grandpa Gohan's baby swing. He called to grab Grandpa Gohan's attention.

"Kuuuu!"

"Hmmm. Oh, you have woken up. What is the matter?"

Namike points at the axe and then does a swing clumsily although he did have the essence of the swing he saw performed. Grandpa Gohan was perplexed why this tiny and cute dragon was imitating his axe swinging. He took another look and saw how Namike moved his feet while swinging which was why it seemed clumsy. Eternal dragons have very weak legs at birth due to them just being used to flying so he wasn't entirely steady. To anyone else, Namike's movements are just a cute attempt at copying Grandpa Gohan but to Gohan, it was an old master teaching him the basics again.

Namike felt too tired so he just sat down to rest. Meanwhile, Gohan seemed to be struck by Medusa's gaze as he just kept still. Namike poked Gohan in the side which made him jump backwards and prepare for an attack.

"Oh sorry there little dragon. You can stay here longer if you want to."
While Namike was thinking, Grandpa Gohan decided to try what Namike was showing while chopping. While it looked the same, the speed of chopping kept increasing with the slice becoming more silent. Namike was amazed by Gohan's learning speed and perception as it already looked like the basics he showed him.

Namike was worried he might have changed Gohan's style of fighting but didn't realise that this technique was showing body control which applies to any style. At some point, Gohan ran out of logs to chop and a pyramid of chopped logs formed.

Namike happily kuuuu as that is the only sound he can make out loud unlike his mental conversations with the system. His intervention with Grandpa Gohan may be wrong in the future but his existence already changes the timeline. As he will grow older, he will have to leave but staying for a while will be beneficial.

What Namike didn't know (like usual), Grandpa Gohan was planning on letting him stay regardless as Namike seems like a young animal that can't survive for long in the harsh wilderness. Letting Namike stay was stalling so he was able to repay him with experience and some survival skills. It was the least he could do but he also didn’t know that Namike is already able to survive and probably beat anyone on the planet once he discovers how to punch and kick. Also he has trouble managing Goku so keeping him occupied with him will let him manage him better.

Namike decided to continue following Grandpa Gohan as he does his daily tasks and also helping him be more efficient until midday when a monkey decided to awaken from his fruit buffet dreams.

He remembers his wonderful dream which makes his stomach grumble like a beast starved for days. He walks around looking for Grandpa Gohan as he normally finishes cutting the logs now but he saw all of them neatly piled in a pyramid. Then he went to every task only to find them to be done faster and neater than usual. Only when he went back into the house did he see Grandpa Gohan with a small blue dragon making food together with Namike spilling some due to clumsiness and not knowing how to cook without doing the high-skill method. Goku was first shocked by a dragon cooking but more shocked by how Namike and Grandpa Gohan seemed to be cooperating to make a 3-person meal (Although Namike only made 30% due to his noob skills).

10 minutes ago, Namike and Grandpa Gohan were fishing in the lake which was the only “Slow” task as it wasn’t part of the cooking, dissection and processing skill bundle. However, Grandpa Gohan’s senses and skills learned from previous teachings and Namike’s learning speed allowed them to speed up the normal 30-minute fishing to 10-minute fishing (mainly, bigger fish were caught in less time). Goku woke up and went towards the woods in the chopping area while Namike and Gohan went back to the house from the lake nearby. They saw Goku woke up so they were going to search for him but found his footsteps going towards the lake. They decided to make the afternoon brunch as Namike forgot to eat when he woke up due to teaching Grandpa Gohan and learning as well.

They saw Goku later and then suddenly ................

Namike here,

Sorry for not sending the chapter last week.

Who knew trying to juggle anime, novel reading(Bibliophilia), and some assessments would be so tiring?

I will try to write more chapters and store them for occasions such as this.

Hope you all have a good day.

Do you like the flow of story?
  • Yes Votes: 24 92.3%
  • No Votes: 1 3.8%
  • IDC Votes: 1 3.8%
Total voters: 26
11