1: Surprise!
577 13 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

God, it's so bright. 

Uh, I'm just saying that, not trying to tell that to god.

It seems like I'm a baby. Seeing as how I can barely see and, of course, I'm tiny and chubby. For some reason I can understand my parents, I don't remember learning any kind of language skill, so they must just speak English, thanks god! 

My name seems to be Aliu. Ironic. My father's name is Alucard and my mother's name is Sera. It looks like I'm not in a technologically advanced world, since a bunch of maids are always roaming around the house and helping me out with normal baby stuff. And this means I'm also in a noble household.

There's not much to talk about, i'm just a baby. Want to hear about my baby life? Thought not. 

Well I could test out my skills. Let's try analysing myself. For my skills/abilities I seem to just have to think about them and it looks like it works.

I analysed myself and thought about seeing my skills, it's annoying to say abilities and skills every time so I'll just say skills unless it matters if I say ability. Apparently, abilities are rare, I heard some maids talking to each other about some prince being born with abilities. Anyways, a display popped up in front of me and it showed me the two skills I had. Well they look normal. Since I'm bored I might as well create myself some skills. Hmm... let's start with language comprehension. 

-Skill added: Full Language Comprehension- 

Forgot to mention this, but Analyse also works as a system in and of itself. 

There's a problem here though. Though I did manage to make the skill, it's not like I'll be able to test it...

~•~•~•~

I've confirmed that this world has magic, I saw one of the maids making my bed by waving their hands and a random air current coming out of nowhere and tidying everything up. My brain can't think of this as anything other than magic, I'm definitely in a fantasy world after all. My skill list doesn't show that I have any type of magic though. Maybe my circumstances prevented me from getting the magic? Oh well, I can create magic anyways. 

The way my ability seems to work is that I just have to generally imagine what the skill I'm creating should do, if any detail seems to be missing then it just sort of autocorrects it.

I try making Wind magic.

-Skill creation unavailable, please try again in | 1y 0m 0d- 

...eh. I don't remember asking to be limited to creating a single skill every year.

Well, whatever. It doesn't change the fact that I still can create skills. No use worrying now.

~•~•~•~

My excitement that day didn't allow me to sleep early. I really wanted to grow up.

~•~•~•~

-3 years later, Aliu age 3-

It's been quite a while since I've been born into this world, it was a little hard to get settled here, but I was relieved when I learnt that I had nice and loving parents. I was the only child in the Duke household of the Alucards. Yeah, duke. 

Today's the day of my birthday and my parents have set up a surprise for me. I shouldn't know of this, but I don't really have the mental age of a 3 year old, y'know. 

Someone walks into my room while I'm lounging near the window.

"Miss Aliu, your mother and father have invited you to the dinner table", a maid lets me know.

I feel like I'm missing something... Oh! Right. I'm female, and was so in my previous life as well.

And, I was unsure what was a normal skill for this world, so in the meantime I created wind magic since I already know of its existence. I have yet to create a 3rd skill for myself this year. I'm planning on learning of the types of magic that exist here soon though since I'm now allowed to enter the library.

"Alright, I'm coming!"

I hurry down the stairs and am delighted when I see-

""Happy birthday, Aliu!"" My parents announce in unison.

"Thanks mom! Thanks dad!!" I flash a big smile and go hug the both of them.

"Aww, our little Aliu is just too cute", Sera says in a loving tone.

"Of course, she is our daughter after all!"

Alucard remembers, "Go on, Aliu, we prepared chocolate cake, your favourite."

"Yay!!"

I'm glad I have loving parents in this life.

~•~•~•~

The rest of the day went well. I got sleepy after unloading too much cake into my mouth and had to be carried back to my room by a maid.

Also, I've made a discovery. Apparently, the color of your hair matches with the elements you can use. Somewhat. There are cases where it doesn't, but they mostly match with the element or elements. Since I was able to go to the library, I took the liberty of exploring it. I found out that my dad, from his hair colour, can use fire and my mother, water. Red and blue. But you see, there's a problem. My hair is white. Nowhere in the book I read did it mention anything about white conforming to a specific magic. I mean, yeah it does show on older people, but that's related to age, not magic. From that I can conclude that I really don't have any normal magical powers within me. The only way I can acquire an element is through my creation ability.

Hmm... I have enough time to create all except one before we- oh right, I haven't mentioned that yet. Fire, water, earth, nature, electric, light, and dark are the ones that are left to be created. As for the one I'll create this year... Might as well just go with my parent's elements. Water first then I guess.

Creating a skill is very anticlimactic, I just imagine the skill, and there it is. No special effects or anything, it just kinda exists now.

Water magic...

-Skill added: Water Magic-

Hehehe....

~•~•~•~

Earlier, before my visit to the library, I directly questioned my mom about magic.

I decided to keep secret the fact that I can already use magic since when I brought up the topic, she just said, "Ah, every child must take a test to find out what element they can control when they turn 8. I'm sorry Aliu, but you will have to wait until then."

From the information I collected at the library, children mature enough at age 8 to be able to harness the power of magic. It'll cause trouble if I was able to do anything before then.

It will be a while until I can do anything without arousing too much suspicion...

23