2 | Adoption
238 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It took two months for the black household youth entered the Bale Residence. Lee Bale was formally inducted into the family tree and given rights to enter and exit the residence. He arrived two days after the paperwork had been filed and was just as sleepy as when the Marshal first saw him.

So far he'd been living within the immigrant center. Most people coming in from other planets to live on Central had to work up enough money to rent a place. There was also the long process of immigration which slowed down all progress on their life. Most planets weren't as prosperous as Central and it's surrounding planets.

He was not the longest to stay there, or the most eye catching. The only curious thing about him was that he never seemed to go out. He'd wandered through halls and across gardens, which would have certainly been a sight if it weren't for the glazed look on his face. He looked like senior in a nursing home, unaware of what was going or how the world had changed.

Despite that, most people took a liking to the dazed kid. He always said please and thank you. He remained respectful and passive admist the irritated behavior of anxious people.  Even when someone insulted him, claiming that he was mentally deficient or something, he never rose to fight back. This under dog approach allowed for him to be coddled and cared for by the few who knew him. The staff was little more gentle and the average person was a bit more kind.

When he was picked up a lowkey automated car, they sighed and regretted they did not ask the kid's situation. 

When Li arrived at the mansion, no one was home. In this era, most of the house was automated. The first example of an automated house had little arms that unfolded from walls to do menial chores. The residents only need to put the right things in the right place and they would never to wash another pile of laundry or cook another dish. Now, as technology has grown, the house was less automated, instead opting for mechanical servants that looked vaguely human that could be assigned tasks.

Because human interaction became rare due to the automated houses, most of those houses were torn down and rebuilt in this model. So although there was not a single living being in the house he stayed in, Li was still greeted at the door.

A line of vaguely human robots all chimed. "Welcome home, Young Master." Then tilted 90 degrees at their waist joint in perfect unison. They were ignored. Soon the servants went back to their duties, leaving a single more human like robot to sidle up to Li, standing just two feet behind him.

Li wandered around randomly for a while, followed closely by that robot. If it had not been for the friendly make of the robot, it would have seemed as if Li had a stalker. Li did not intentionally ignore the robot, just as the robot didn't care if he was doing it on purpose. It seemed as if whatever environment he was in, he was leagues away from him. His head seemed to permantely be in the clouds.

In wasn't until he was about to run into a wall that the robot took action.

Before Li could collide, the robot stretched out his arms and pulled him away, which caused Li to snap his head around, bewildered. Seeing it was just another figure, he calmed down enough to realize what he almost walked into. Politely, he mumbled. "Thank you."

"Of course, Young Master Lee. I have been assigned by the Master to care for your every need. I will be your tutor and your trainer." And your prison guard, but that was left unsaid. "Would you like to see your room?" 

Li nodded, allowing them to trail off to the west of the house, away from the study they were dangerously close to. 

| + |

The servant stayed by Li until the end of the day. He stood in the hot sun when they went outside, and beside the dining room chair was Li sat down to eat. He didn't even leave when Li went to the bathroom, though he opted to stand just outside with the door slightly ajar. It's obvious that he was also there as Li laid down to sleep. 

And with the many censors on his body, he was also the first to detect the spike in spiritual waves that silently broke the air.  Immediately, a signal was sent to the Marshal. There was no way the Marshal wouldn't watch this new and unknown son of his.

Those spiritual waves were temporarily blocked by the shields that guarded the house. It didn't take to long before they pushed past the obstacle and onto their path. They flew silently through the air towards the many beings that had touched him since his awakening, just as they had done every night. Ever so quietly, they circled around these humans, pushing against their skin fruitlessly, as if trying to get in. Not a single one got through before they dispersed into the air.

Every night they attempts happened, only to fail. The unconscious spread of the disease  installed in Li could not get through the mental block of the inhabitants of this world. They best they did was quietly boost their spiritual strength ever so slightly. It seemed as if everyone on this planet had evolved enough to block his attack.

Silently, Li turned over in his sleep

He woke up later in a slightly disgruntled mood. As if he'd tried to buy something and told it was out of stock. In fact, almost every morning he woke up vaguely annoyed. It was slowly getting better and wasn't affecting his mood as much. Usually, when he was upset, for some unknown reason he had the urge to go outside and curl up in the grass. There wasn't much real grass on this planet so he could only find grass substitutes.

Li plodded along in a morning routine that confused those who watched. It always looked as if, no matter what he was doing, he was simply wandering instead. A normal morning routine of washing and brushing took at least thirty minutes if it happened at all.

With the help of his... butler?... he could get things done a little bit faster. 

He stayed in the mansion alone for almost two months. He showed no signs of withdraw, need for human company, or even the brains that most believed they needed to live.  Observed notes from the butler said he was lazy to the point that he sometimes didn't move for hours, He didn't have spiritual strength but could only access it in an unconscious state, was very connected to nature, and seemed to have no interest to bribery/money/electronics.

He lived through life like a ghost and even if he was slow about it, he could definitely live on his own.

The odd things about him were also recorded. He used the bathroom less then a regular human, ate less, drank less water and showed no negative signs. It seemed like he really didn't need it. Humans with a documented physique around triple S could be counted on one hand. They were secretive and aloof, and most records written about them had major editing done to them at the patients 'request'. Even the Marshal, as high as he was, was unable to find out more. 

It likely possible that at this stage, the body didn't really need to consume anything.  

Most average humans who could only strain their necks to look at spiritual strength users had already counted them as gods. Then wouldn't word of this be akin to giving confirmation. (No one really sought to separate a powerful physique and spiritual strength anymore).

It was a truly terrifying thought.

I'd like to say I don't think our MC is a bad guy. And to be honest, he isn't. His host body had no real mind before he came along. If the MC's mind was not there, he'd be considered brain dead.  The MC also doesn't really actively spread the disease. He doesn't go around biting people and stuff so I'd say he's a pretty kind zombie. Sort of.

 

7