Chapter 20. A girl in trouble
1k 1 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After our rather tense conversation with Roger, we broke up. I promised that I would give him a couple of days to think. Although, deep down, I already suspected what choice he would make. My words definitely had to affect him.

Everything will be decided in two days. If Roger can convince my father to take me to the imperial banquet with him, it will mean consent on his part. If not… I'll have to get out of the situation on my own.

Anyway, I still need to get to this event. It doesn't matter if it happens with Roger's help or not.

In between, I realized that I was not doing the right thing. I need the Duke's influence and financial support, and at the same time Roger's help. In fact, I was going to use my son and father in secret from both of them. At first glance, anyone will say that I am an insidious woman with the most terrible intentions.

It's possible that they won't even make a mistake.

However, I found that in the current situation I simply had no other choice. Considering that I am responsible for the fate of the whole family, I was clearly not in the mood for unnecessary sentiment. And since I decided to be a villain instead of Ruby, there is no way back. I just hoped that in the future all my efforts would pay off. Ruby will never have to experience the humiliation associated with her family. Aunt will try to make sure that her niece gets the best inheritance!

In the meantime, in order to achieve all this, I will temporarily «borrow» one of my love interests. Anyway, regardless of my actions, the original plot of the game somehow has to begin. The heroine, as expected, will return to the palace, and love interests will surround her. So let them go about their business…

Only Rubiella and I will be far away from these events. The girl will rule the duchy, and I will arrange a happy old age somewhere far away. I will buy a house on the seashore and will sometimes come to visit Ruby…

All these pink dreams made me believe in a bright future. I will definitely achieve such a final for us!

Inspired by such thoughts, I walked with a light heart from my meeting with Roger. Now, thanks to the cooperation with Duke Dickens, we have more funds. I think it's time to get your own transport.

Until recently, being a penniless aristocrat, I had to catch a carriage on the street every time. To be honest, it's already sick and tired. Today I will instruct Edison to deal with this issue!

I stood in my usual spot by the sidewalk and waited for an empty cart to pass by. I was looking forward to being home as soon as possible. With all these things, I was so busy that I found a little time for Ruby. Today I was going to spend the rest of the day with her.

And while I was waiting for transport, I accidentally noticed a child in the middle of the street. From the back, you can understand that this is a girl. About the same age as my Ruby. She was standing all alone and looked very agitated. Is she really lost?

I sighed. Okay, I still have time anyway.

I was going to approach her, and if she was really lost, take her to the police station. Let them sort it out there.

I had already taken the first step, but the next moment all my good intentions crumbled into dust. All because she turned in my direction. I recognized her right away. Golden hair, a sign of kinship with the imperial family. Green eyes like a pair of precious stones. Her whole face was unnaturally beautiful and looked like a doll.

If you put this girl dressed in rags on a par with the most beautiful aristocrats of the empire, she will surpass them all. This radiance was like an angel descending from heaven.

The main character looked around in search of her adoptive father. Her face was pale and her lips were trembling. She didn't know where to go.

At the same moment, my heart sank into my heels.

«No. To hell with it. To hell with helping her!»

Meeting the heroine was like a red flag for me. Not to say that I treated her badly. It was also impossible, considering that it was on her behalf that I went through the whole game. Angela is really a very good person. Under other circumstances, I would have gladly extended my hand to her. But… We were in the wrong position now.

According to the plot of the game, the Weinstein and Stone families are feuding. Rubiella and Angela are sworn rivals whose hatred for each other was stronger than death. I was Aunt number one, so it's obvious which side I'm on. We obviously didn't need any extra problems.

«Angela, I'm sorry, after all, you're the main character. Someone else will definitely help you.»

I was going to turn around and get out of here as soon as possible. But… Suddenly I realized that I couldn't do it. My feet felt rooted to the ground.

And the next moment…

System notification: The story quest «Girl in trouble». Arch one chapter one. You took part!

I was so shocked that I even forgot how to breathe.

What the hell?!

Wasn't my first and only story quest supposed to start in eight years?

28