Chapter 21. The Trap
1.3k 3 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Despite the fact that I absolutely did not want it, my legs stubbornly led me to Angela. I suddenly realized that I couldn't control my body at all.

In such a situation, I could only swear in silence. Just don't tell me that the settings of this damn game have finally flown! What else is a story quest that I don't know anything about?!

While I was scolding the system, it suddenly dawned on me. I suddenly remembered that I had seen something similar when I passed the Lionel branch. It was an exclusive scene, which can only be found in the branch of this character.

According to the plot, Angela did not leave her native village until she came of age. Except for one caveat. At the age of ten, the heroine first came to the capital with her adoptive father. And then she accidentally got lost, which could lead to major trouble.

Fortunately, Angela was saved by little Lionel. Then the boy's heart was not so callous as in the future. They spent the whole day together until her father found her. This warm memory is forever preserved in the memory of both of them. Now that I think about it, I realized that today the acquaintance of the love interest and the heroine was supposed to take place here.

Realizing all this, I was even more perplexed. Why the hell do you need me there?! I just wanted to come home…

However, even my inner pleas did not work, and the system did not spare me. My legs led me to the heroine and she looked surprised.

— Auntie, who are you? The girl asked timidly.

I sighed. You'd better not know.

— Girl, are you lost? I asked in an unnaturally affectionate voice.

Angela Stone looked down sadly.

— My dad and I came together to trade at the market… But on the way back we accidentally split up. I do not know where he is.

Anyone wouldn't stand that look. What can I say, even the sight of a child on the verge of tears affected me. But not so much that for the sake of this I decided to cancel all my plans and help the heroine. The system did everything for me.

— What's your name? I asked softly.

— A-Angela…

— What a beautiful name, — I smiled, — And my name is Grace. Nice to meet you!

Of course, I did not hope that everything would end so simply. All this time I was looking around nervously, but as luck would have it, little Lionel did not appear. In this situation, he was the only one who could save me.

But it looks like the system really decided to finish me off.

«Angela, how about waiting for your father at my house?» (Free)

«You look hungry and tired. Do you want to relax in my estate?» (Free)

«I want to help you. Let's go to the police station together.» (Two hundred and fifty crystals)

And while the strip continued to go over time, to put it mildly, I was fucked up.

Of course, I assumed that the main character could not be sent. Even culturally. But I didn't expect that my answer options would be so limited. I literally couldn't help but help her!

The first two options seemed worse than hell. In the original plot, Lionel took the heroine to wait for her father in a brothel, because he did not know other places. And now the location has changed to my house… But there was no way I could let that happen. After all, Ruby also lives in this house!

What could be worse than pushing the villain and the heroine ahead of time? Although they haven't had any complaints about each other yet, they will definitely appear in the future.

Based on this, I was ready to lower all my crystals but choose the third option. After all, I still have a lot of time. I will be able to accumulate them again.

But…

Your balance: two hundred and forty-nine crystals.

If it wasn't for the system that controlled my facial expression, at the same moment it was distorted with rage. Are you kidding me?! How can I be so unlucky?

I admit, I used to disdain some linear quests. For example, if the payment for them was less than thirty crystals. But now I am very sorry for my laziness.

Damn it, how can I be missing just one crystal at such a crucial moment? This is definitely a mockery!

And while I was lamenting the world and myself, I completely forgot that time was still passing. When the strip expired, my mouth automatically gave out the first option from the list:

— Angela, how about waiting for your father at my house?

Holy shit, no!!!

The heroine looked up at me in surprise.

— Can I really?

No!!!

— yes.

Damn it, Angela, at least you come to your senses! Some unknown woman came up to you and offered to go to her. Shouldn't that alert you?

Although, what kind of logical reasoning do I hope from a ten-year-old child? Angela, who had not seen many adults in her entire life, believed me without hesitation.

The girl was touched to the core.

— Auntie, you are so kind!

The bright fake smile on my face looked more and more like a neurotic one.

— Come on, let's go quickly. I'll treat you to something delicious.

That's how I ended up in a trap called «the main character».

27