The Hero
261 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leon's POV

"Your highness, please think about this!"

" I have already made up my mind. I cannot let that beast roam around freely. If I do so many innocent lives may be lost and if I let that happen what kind of a hero would I be?"

"But still, it is a Royal chromatic dragon. Although you are the hero, you are not strong enough to fight it."

" Even If I am not, I am still supposed to try, besides if I don't who do you think will?"

" Forgive my imprudence your highness but what if you die in that quest? You do know that your sudden appearance means that the Demon lord of Calamity has arisen? So how are we to fight it if you are not there? "

"If death does come to me then it will not be a problem. I am sure that the gods already have a successor to take my place if ever die. The Title of the hero is not to be held hostage by me in death.

 ...Where did you say the roar was heard?"

"It was heard in the forest near the fields of Streynite city."

" Okay, Andrea and... What was your name again?"

" Jamie sir."

"Oh right Jamie, ... We will depart in the morning at first light, so get all that you need for the journey then have a good night's rest."

"Yes your Majesty, we will... If you will now allow us we will be taking our leave, your highness."

"Please do for everything is set."

"But your Highness..."

"You can follow them Ronald for my decision will not change."

"...As you wish your Highness."

l know going to fight the dragon at my current level may be considered a suicidal mission but I just can't let it roam free, that beast has the ability to level a whole nation if it wanted so how can I?...and besides if there is a chance I can make it my familiar, I will. And that will be good for humanity in the long run.

Name: Leon

Gender: Male

Race: Human

Overall Level: 43

Racial Level: 49

Job level:3

Class level: 40

Job: Magic Swordsman(hero)

Class: Magic Swordsman - Magic knight- Hero

HP: 40000/40000

MP:37500/37500

Str: 4000 Int: 950 Vit: 5000 Dex: 1400 Lck: 200 Agl: 6300

Atk: 7800

Def:10300

Phy atk: 5000 Mag atk: 2800

Phy def: 7000 Mag def: 3300

Magic attributes: Fire magic, Water magic, Light magic, Wind magic, Earth magic

Traits: Angelic blood

            Predetermined path

            Celestial blessing

Resistance: Dark Magic

                    : Water magic

                    : Wind Magic

Titles: The Hero

          : Human's Greatest Swordsman

          : Dungeon challenger

          : Holder of the Holy Sword

Skills: Swordsmanship Lvl 9

          : Sword art lvl 5

          : Sword skills lv 5

          : Title Enhancements lv 4

          : Hunting lv6

          : Leadership lv 4

          : Appraisal lv4

          : Rune casting Lv 5

Magic skills: Sword art lv 5

                      : Holy Magic( Light magic) lv4

                      : Fire magic lv 3

                      : Water Magic lvl 4

                      : Earth Magic Lvl  5

                      : Wind Magic Lvl  5

" We are ready to depart your Highness."

" How long do you think it will take us to get to Streynite City."

"About a Day and Half your majesty."

"Ok, then let us leave immediately."

"Right away your highness."

The trip was quite a smooth one. There were no monsters to attack us and if there was they dared not to...They must have been terrified of the level difference.

We arrived at Streynite in the evening when the sun was just about to set. We then searched for lodging where we could have a warm cooked meal and cosy little bed to sleep in for the night before proceeding to the city's adventuring guild to take on the mission.

After a little bit of searching, we found a nice inn which had all we needed. We had dinner and then went straight to bed. 

When Morning came we headed straight for the Guild.

"Good Morning sir, How can I assist you?"

"My name is Leon and I would like to take the Hero's Request."

"...Right away your highness."

" Ah miss what was your name again? 

"Laura sir."

"Okay Laura, If it is not much of a burden, I would like to learn more about this quest."

"As you wish your majesty. The quest just as stated is one which would require you to either slay the dragon or make it go to sleep if possible...

 It was initially an exploration quest to find out where the weird noise that had recently been heard from the adjacent forest were coming from. We wanted to get rid of the noise before it could wake up the dragon."

"Wake up the dragon? I thought that the quest was the Dragon?"

"Well yes but initially it wasn't. You see, this city has coexisted with the Dragon for fifteen years."

"... Coexisting? Ok"

"...The dragon has been sleeping in a cave inside the adjacent forest for fifteen years and its presence has been very beneficial to us. You see its presence was so beneficial to us that at some point we came to see it as our guardian deity."

"May I know why?"

" Well, the sleeping dragon nourished the soils with its wellspring of abundant mana that brought about bountiful harvests and its presence also scared off high-class monsters so it always kept our citizens safe.

For years the forest has been a peaceful place but this was until some few weeks ago when a weird noise started to emanate from within the forest. 

When we first heard this noise, we knew it could spell trouble for us since it might wake up the dragon that had been lying dormant asleep in the forest and this village would be the first to face its wrath for disturbing its slumber.

To prevent this from happening we sent out an exploration team formed from fairly weak adventures that had taken the request but unfortunately they all ended up missing. 

We put up the quest again after a while for the issue had not been solved. Another team of fairly decent adventures took it and was sent out to explore the forest but, those too ended up going missing. After that, we put up the quest again since the issue had still not been solved but this time nobody dare to take the quest, so it stayed there on the body until a certain high-class female adventurer decided to take it up.

She went to do it alone. At first, I thought she was also going to go missing like the others but then she returned, with news that the noise was coming from the dragon itself.

When she said this I didn't believe her thinking she was trying to cone us out of the reward money but then she showed us proof. It was one of the dragon's scales. 

We asked her to take on the quest of defeating the dragon or at least try and subdue it until help arrives but she refused.

So far apart from her, all whoever try to take up the quest of defeating the dragon no matter how strong seem to magically disappear.

Because of this, I would like to request that your highness the hero to ask her for her assistance in locating the dragon for without her I doubt you will be able to find it."

"And who might this woman be."

"I don't know her name specifically since she did not give it to me but I believe she is an S class adventure."

"And where exactly can I find this S-class adventurer"

" I am sorry your highness but unfortunately I don't know."

Then she walked in. The abomination that took the place of my lovely twin sister. A thorn at the church's side. A heretic vampire.

" Your majesty there she is. That is the woman I was talking about."

5