The Demon Resistance
263 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eleanor's POV

"Why should we listen to you arch demons? While you are up there flaunting your power. Us lesser demons are the ones getting oppressed by the other races as the result."

"Please just listen to me... I know that ever since the cleansing your lives have been hard but I am here with a solution."

"Solution? Yes, life has been hard but not for you. You have barely felt the brunt of the oppression so how can we trust your so called solutions?

 All of you don't listen to her. It is because of her kind that we lost our homes.

You all remember our lives in the demon realm. We had families, shelter, protection and although getting food was a little bit hard we still survived. Now look at us, the demon realm is no more and we have become an alienated race cursed to wander the world being ostracized and demonized because of the Demon queen's absence. Fitting for us, we are demons after all."

"But I am telling you that our queen..."

"He is right why should we care about what an archdemon says? While she can easily blend in human cities, we lesser demons cannot. She has more power than thirty of us combined so why should we listen to her?"

" Yeah, why should we?"

"They are right, why should we listen?"

"You Fools!!! You might get angry about being less powerful than arch demons but that won't change your situation. If you want any change to the current situation that the Demons are facing, then let's give her a chance to talk. She may have a solution to our problems."

"What solution? She, just like the other arch demons will use us."

"Let us just give her a chance to talk."

" Thank you, kind lady...

I know that for the past fifteen years you have had to endure oppression from the humans and even been made out to be the culmination of evil by their churches's but all of that is about to change since my queen your demon queen has returned." 

"Our queen?"

"Okay, where is she now?"

"Well... She is still not with us yet but..."

"No! This can't work with an imaginary queen... I am assuming you want to propose a sort of resistance that will combat the church's rule right?"

"Well yes."

"Ok, The idea is well and good and happily received by me but we need to be practical. The only people who are powerful enough to face the Humans' holy magic is your kind."

"But..."

"No buts! You heretic vampires are the only ones immune to their magic. It is quite the irony that you are even suggesting an uprising when others of your kind are part of the oppressors.

Vampire, succubi, incubi, witches, Dark elves, lycanthropes, shifters you archdemons are all the same."

"Especially Dark elves. How could they keep half of the demon realm to themselves and not bother with any of the other demons? Aren't they at least supposed to offer some assistance to others of their own kind?"

"Well I've heard that their queen is working towards uniting the elven race so that she can create an Eleven empire for both types of elves, and besides Elves are known for their superiority complex so it was very unlikely for them to help us in any way from the start."

"Yeah, but I believe she is still powerful enough to do both even if she is a little bit on the young side."

"Can't disagree with that."

"We are getting off-topic.

The reason we are here is to talk about our situation, not the dark elves' situation. Them having their own queen different from ours should already tell you their stand on the matter."

" So what do you think we should do?"

" I think that a demon resistance is a good idea but the only thing I don't agree with is is waiting for the 'demon queen' to return."

"Yes, I understand what you are saying but you do know we need powerful demons on our side. And most of the powerful demons right now are heretic vampires just like her and the demon queen is no other than their vampire Queen so in the end we still need them."

"Not necessarily, ..."

"And who are you?"

" That doesn't matter now. I have a solution to your problem."

"Solution? To what problem exactly?"

" Well to the one you mentioned about starting a resistance but being a little bit lacking in terms of powerful demons that can give the resistance traction."

" So are you trying to say you have a way of getting us powerful demons?"

"Well yes, but you are half right. Instead of getting you other powerful demons, I have a way of making you powerful demons."

"What do you mean?"

"...Have you ever asked yourself where the black mist that used to surround the demon realm came from?"

" Well, it was rumoured that it was some kind of protection provided to us by the first demon queen."

" Let me then affirm to you today that it is not just a rumour."

" So do you mean to say that the first Demon queen is alive?"

" Well yes, she ascended to godhood just like how we were all told... You all know about the gods that the human churches always preach about."

"Yes! How could we not know about them?"

"It said that they exist in another realm of existence since their power is so great that it might bring destruction to this world if they decide to stay here. If that is case then the same might be true for the first demon queen. 

And if it is true then if we tap into the realm of the first demon queen, we might be able to get access to all of her and her subjects' powers. After getting the powers we can use that to take back our country."

" All of this sound very speculative and theoretical but if there was some truth to it then where do you think the gate to this other realm of existence is?"

"... The crimson castle!!!"

"The crimson castle?"

" Wait is this the same elusive crimson castle that is believed to be alive?"

" Yes, the same one. If we can find this living castle we can tap into the first demon queen's powers and use it to take back our nation."

" I don't think we should trust this man. His stories sound so far-fetched. The best thing is for us to wait for the demon queen to return."

Then suddenly an argument that was bordering violence erupted within the crowd.

" All of you, stop arguing!!! I think the best way forward is for you people to choose which path you each want to follow and see who will be able to give a good resistance. In the end, all of us want the same thing, freedom."

5