The Tarasque an invincible monster
319 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rae's POV

I thought the behemoth was massive, turns out this monster makes the behemoth look so small and quite normal in comparison. The creature had a dragon-like face that almost bordered that of a lion, a spiky turtle-like carapace on its back, a huge thick tail that seemed to hold enough power to split borders and supporting its massive frame were four very thick, sturdy legs that had quite the claws... no talons on them.

With each of its steps, I could feel the ground tremble in fear. The monster walked with such a domineering aura that you could feel it permeate your whole body. Luckily it seemed to have not noticed us. Maybe using a sneak attack would allow me to land a heavy blow, that might give me the advantage. But I highly doubt that. Either way, I am still going to do so.

"Liza!"

[Yes]

"I would like to ask if you have any information on this beast."

[ Unfortunately, I don't. This monster seems to be so old and ancient that I cannot tell anything about it. It must have been here before the creation of the dungeons and labyrinth.]

"Ok, that is not good."

Looks like I will be flying blind on this one. The best thing to do now is to camouflage myself using light magic and then sneak into any of its open areas like how I did with the behemoth since I highly doubt I can pierce its thick armour-like skin.

To make the invisibility spell work I will need to first create a magic barrier.

"I am assuming this is gonna need a lot of concentration...Spider Lady!!"

" I am not called spider lady, I like you have a name  and it is Norn if you have to know."

" Ok, Norn."

"Yes?"

" I want to invoke an invisibility spell which I will use to infiltrate and destroy that monster from within but to do so, I will need a lot of room for concentration so please do your best to protect me while I work on the spell."

"Okay, I will try... Wait did you say invisibility spell?"

"Yes, why do you ask?"

"No reason, just do what you want to."

Okay, the last time I did this I didn't need to use refraction of light that much since Riley was doing most of the heavy lifting for me but today I am all on my own.

First the creation of the barrier. I hope the amount of mana I have will be enough to sustain the creation of this barrier. Looks like it actually is enough. The barrier seems weak but at least it is present.

[ Alert! The Necessary requirements for magic creation and barrier magic have been met. The creator now has the skills Magic creation lvl1 and Barrier magic lvl 1]

That is nice. I have easily gained some new skills just like in a...

...What was that? If it was not for my barrier I would definitely be a goner. A huge spike? It looks a lot like one of the spikes from that huge monster. Wait it's colourless? And what's up with the diamond-like shape? It actually looks like a real Diamond. If it was a real diamond and I was back on earth I could have definitely made quite the amount, because this thing is just huge...

Just out of curiosity, 

"Liza is this thing made out of carbon atoms... No, let me rephrase that, Does this thing have a three-dimensional lattice made up of a tetrahedron of four covalently bonded carbon atoms?"

[Yes ]

"Okay, so this is actually a diamond?"

If that spike is made out of diamond and it is actually being biologically produced by that monster over there then...

...I am being too careless, I have been so engrossed in analysing the spike that I have left myself wide open.

" I just wish that there was a way I could store this for future use because this diamond could come handy in many ways... Wait, Liza is the data of every object stored?."

"Well yes."

If that is the case then maybe it is possible.

" Liza, can a physical object be transformed into a quabit form?"

[Yes, but the energy required for that process is fairly high and will mostly vary depending on the nature of the material we are dealing with.]

"What about mana? Can mana be used as a substitute for the necessary transitional energy?"

[ Yes, Actually it can.]

If that is the case then, if the previous data like the composition of a certain object can be stored and that object be transformed into a sort the quabit form then it can be stored in the data space and be removed and reformed into its original matter state later when need... Sort of like the inventory of a game.

"Liza, I would like for this diamond's data to be saved and for it to be turned into its quabit form so that it can be called upon in future for use."

[ Right away, but be warned that this process will drain all of your mana.] 

"Ok, Now what can I do... Liza is it still possible for me to use magic if my mp goes down to zero."

[ Normally that would be impossible but luckily for you, you can but only if it is completely necessary since the magic you will be borrowing is from your other form.]

"If that is the case then go ahead."

[ Alert! The necessary requirements for the skills analysis and extra-dimensional storage have been achieved. The creator has the skills Analysis lvl1 and extra-dimensional storage lvl 1. The requirements for the title Discoverer has been achieved. ]

No offence to this monster but is it blind? I have spent a lot of time focusing on its spike but it doesn't seem to care. Maybe it doesn't see me as a threat. Yeah, I don't think it does. How can it?...

It has an impenetrable black carapace which is oddly shiny from afar. I think the carapace itself is made from diamond thus is clear and its underlying skin is the black part. I will not even be surprised if I find out its underlying skin is made of graphene.

...That might be bad at first but I can also see how it can work in my favour. Anyway, where did that Norn girl go? I told her to protect me, guess she didn't have the interest to. I Shouldn't care about her that much, she will eventually come back once she finds out there is no escape until we defeat this thing.

Okay, let us analyse this thing from all the actions it has done. It seems to be able to fire the spikes as projectiles, Looking at how it fired it at me without looking in this direction, it also has an ability to locate its targets without looking... But why has it not fired at me again? I don't think I have actually moved any inch, or have I? Maybe I have to attack it for it to attack back? No that must not be the case since I did not actually try to attack it. Maybe it is just sensitive to mana and since I assume it is blind is using the mana being emitted to see. But how actually does it see with mana... Liza told me that it was here before the labyrinth was even created meaning it is native to this world. If that is true then, it most probably can only sense mana converted by spirits meaning any none elemental spells will not be detected. Meaning I can at least use strengthening magic. Ok, let me just check my mp

HP: 137

Mp: -150

I hadn't noticed but my Hp must have gone down from that attack.

...What was that? Did it attack again? Is it attacking someone? Must be that Norn girl. Are they fighting? I can definitely feel the pressure that beast is emitting. 

"Spider lady what are you doing? You will just get yourself killed."

Let me head to her and find a way to help her.

...There she is... Okay, how is she moving so... fluidly?

"Norn!! Don't engage that beast."

She seems not to have heard me. 

"Norn! Norn!!! Norn?"

Has she shifted back to her machine state?

...Looking at the beast at this distance you could really see that it is quite the sight to behold. Its massive body is quite magnificent. Truly a jaw-dropping specimen...

The spikes seem to be regenerative. That means that I was most probably correct. The underlying skin must be made of graphene meaning it maybe actually weak to something after all... If only I could use my electric arcs. Maybe I could infiltrate its mouth and do what I did with the behemoth.

... The beast has stopped firing the spikes and is now preparing to do something.

It's opening its mouth as if it wants to spew fire just like how satan from the seven rings of hell did.

" Norn!!! Run for I believe fire is about to be unleashed on us."

She is not listening... Sorry Norn, I don't think it will be possible to save you in my current state, I am just too weak and besides you are the overseer so you will probably be safe...hopefully...

I know spiders are weak to fire but I have faith that...that she will survive. Looks like I am quite the distance from them now.

Okay, that doesn't look like fire... It is just a green cloud of smoke... Are those plants dying? 

"Nope, not smoke, poison... Definitely poison. Looks pretty corrosive too. Hope she has survived that attack because I doubt if I would have."

That poison is spreading pretty far fast. There is no time to stop. I have to try to outrun it. The strengthening magic is really helping me run fast but it is nowhere close to being a substitute for my vampiric speed.

I... Have... no more stamina...But I can't afford to stop. Looks like my body has reached its limit...

The poison has already reached this far in that short amount of time?

"Looks like this is the end for me again."

I have barely even lived this life... There it is slowly engulfing my legs. My Hp is dropping so fast I will be dead most probably in the next five seconds... No, I can't give up that easily. Even if I might be brought back once again there is no guarantee that it will be very soon... I cannot go back to spending another eternity in that abyss. I am half angel meaning I have light magic. Using that I can definitely slow down the poison's effects... Looks like it is working. If I keep this up maybe I might be able to support my Hp till the poisonous gas clears up. I am starting to feel very light-headed, must be the negative effect of my negative Mp but I can't stop now.

Seriously another two projectiles? Can't this beast give me a break? I just want to stay alive... Looks like my Hp is not going down anymore.

[ Alert! The necessary requirement for poison resistance, Healing magic, blunt damage resistance and strengthening magic have been met thus all previously stated skills have been acquired.]

While my Hp is no longer going down I am still hanging onto dear life with a very very thin thread because my Hp is down to 3.

Right now all is looking to be impossible I don't think I can even combat this beast in any way. This beast can only be described as invincible by me in my current level.

Let me look for the overseer and see if she is still alive... with her maybe we can find a way to dimensionally jump out of this level. If she is not then I am trapped here.

Ok, I can see her at a far distance. She looks to have passed out but her body seems to barely have recorded any damage. Hope she is still alive... I think her arms just moved.

"Yes!!! She is alive... Now I think I may have a chance for a way out."

She is getting up so easily that you could almost believe she just tripped on a branch and received minimal to no damage. How high is her vitality? How durable is her body?... Looks like being the overseer comes with its perks. 

Wait where is she going?... We cannot leave this room without defeating that monster doesn't she get that? Well, she will soon find...

Did the gate just open? Maybe it is because she is the overseer or does this level not need us to defeat this monster since it was here before the labyrinth? Either way a way to freedom has shown to itself and I will not be left behind.

9