Chapter 2: Meet Izumi Riko
2.8k 18 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Takeshi Kimura:

   "Do you like any other girl perhaps?"

   I asked him thinking he might like Mizuha by any chance.

   "Not really..."

   "Then you perhaps don't want to go out at all with anyone?"

   "That's also not the case."

   "Then what the f*ck is bothering you?"

   "I just can't make up my mind. Whether I have the same feelings for Sanae or not. Also she is an incredible girl, and I'm not anywhere close to her. I kind of feel I don't deserve her...."

   "Dude... it's not that deep you know? Just go out with her and everything will be alright."

   He kept quiet after hearing me. I sighed and continued, 

   "Listen, you know about the deadline right? If you don't choose her or any other girl within two days, your name will go to the lottery box.

  "Oh... yeah I remember that."

  "So... do you prefer to have some random girl as your girlfriend rather than Sanae?"

   "Ah... now you said that... I really wouldn't want any random girl..."

   "Correct... so make up your mind quickly."

    "I really don't get this rule of our school. I have several questions about it."

   "Don't think much. It's a manga world after all."

   "Eh? Manga world?"

   "N-Nothing. Forget it."

   I advised him and then continued to eat my food in silence. I was hopeful now that he would surely not overthink.

   And I was wrong....

   "Kimura! Now I understand why Sanae said that she liked me!"

   "Huh?"

   "She also.... didn't want to go out with some random harmful guy... so she had no choice left but to choose me as her boyfriend."

    "............"

    "Yeah... that's obviously the reason. Otherwise why would she go out with someone like me?"

   "Too bad I don't have a shotgun right now..."

                               ♤

    The next day, I woke up a little late and had to rush to school by riding my bike. One thing I noticed about this town, is that it's beautiful. I can enjoy the greenery and fresh air every morning here. A manga world is really different from the real world. 

    Last night I was so annoyed with Reiji that I immediately left him there. That guy is painfully dense. And an idiot too. And there are still two beautiful girls after him. 

   Anyway, this beautiful town is enough to refresh my mood. I reached the school within 15 minutes by bike. I put my bike on stand with all the other bikes. However, as I faced away...

   *THUD*

   All the bikes fell on the ground like dominoes including mine.

   "W-What happened here?"

   "Ah I-I'm sorry..."

   I looked at my side, it was a girl. And it seems like she was the one responsible for this.

   "I-it's my fault. I mistakenly pushed my bike on the others..."

   She bowed to me as an apology. Now that I looked at her, I have seen her before in the manga. Her name is Izumi Riko1the cover image. She is much shorter than other girls but her appearance is very cute. She is not a heroine of the manga. However she is a friend of Sanae.

   "It's okay. Don't worry. I will pick them up."

   "Ah.. let me help you too, Takeshi-san."

   "Eh? Do you know me?"

   "Huh? Of course I know you, you are in my class after all."

   "Ah... yes yes... I'm probably still sleeping."

   "Fufu..."

   She chuckled and then proceeded to help me. However... as I saw her smiling face, my heart skipped a beat.

   "Areh? Why are staring, Takeshi-san?"

   "N-Nothing. I was just thinking something. D-Don't mind it."

   "Fufu... you're kind of funny. Anyway, we're gonna be late. So let's pick them up quickly."

   "Y-Yeah."

    After we picked them up, we went to our class. But my heart was in little bit of difficulty. Why... am I feeling this way? Surely I have seen her many times in the manga. I have never felt this way.

   In the class, I sat on my usual seat which was next to my best friend, Reiji.

   "Hey Kimura! Please do something. I am having awkward feelings right now."

   "Don't tell me... you still not have talked to Sanae?"

   "W-Well... I didn't have a chance..."

   "Jeez... just tell her your answer, whatever it is!"

   "Help me some way please..."

   I sighed and kept quiet.

   "Why aren't you answering?"

   "Just shut up man! Let me think a moment."

   At this moment, our homeroom teacher, Sakurai-sensei arrived. But she was looking like in trouble right now. 

   "Umm... I'm sorry I can't take your class today. I have some urgent work to do. I also need 4 students to do some work. Please, can any 4 students volunteer?"

   All of us kept quiet. It seems like nobody wants to do work. Sensei once again requested us,

   "Please all. There are just some things to be carried from store room to laboratory. 4 students will be enough. Ah Sanae! As expected of you! Thank you. I need three more."

   As expected of a top student, Sanae agreed to volunteer help. But as she agreed to help, I had an idea to help Reiji!

   "Sensei!", I shouted.

   "Ah Takeshi! Are you helping? Thank you!"

   "Not just me! Miyano will also help with me!"

   "Eh?", Reiji looked at me being confused. 

   "Oh! I'm very pleased, Reiji! Now I need only one more student!"

   Reiji came closed to me and whispered, "Hey! Why do I have to do that work too?"

   "Just keep quiet.", I asked him to shut up.

   Sensei continued, "Please one more student!"

   "I'll do it, sensei!"

   "Oh thank you, Izumi!"

   Eh? Izumi? Maybe it's just a coincidence that she agreed to do it. But still, I'm feeling a little uneasy by that.

   All four of us walked to the store room with our teacher. 

   As we reached the store room, Sensei asked,

   "Two of you, take these things to Biology laboratory. And the other two, take those things to chemistry laboratory."

   This was my moment! And I didn't miss it. I immediately answered, 

   "Okay! Izumi-san and I will take those to chemistry lab!"

   "Eh?" (Sanae)

   "Oi!" (Reiji)

   "....." (Izumi)

    I'm sorry, Izumi-san. I know you may find me suspicious right now. But I had to do it for Reiji!

   Reiji whispered at me, "Oi! What are you doing?"

   "So that you and Sanae stay together for some time and talk."

   "You! It will be sooo awkward!"

   "The more awkward, the more fun!"

   "You f-fucker!"

 

[To be continued]

72