Chapter 3: Confession and chaos (part 1)
2.6k 19 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Very sorry for the late update. I didn't have any time to write this week.


Takeshi Kimura:

    I was nervous while walking with Izumi. I hope she was not thinking me as a suspicious person who just wanted to get close to her. However, I can't blame her if she suspects me like that. After all I could have said something better that time. 

   "Umm... Izumi-san."

   "Yeah?"

   "I hope you didn't misunderstand that time. I didn't have any strange motive when I asked sensei to let us go together."

   I tried my best to have a poker face. But as she looked at me with her cute eyes, sweat popped up on my forehead. 

   "No... I know why you did that."

   Then she remained quiet until we reached the chemistry lab. There was an awkward silence between us.

    Areh... what is she saying? She knows why I'm doing this? 

    When we put the things in the lab, she sighed and said,

   "You did that to bring Sanae and Reiji-san talk to each other, right?"

   "Eh? H-How did you know that?"

   "Isn't it obvious? Also I know about the situation right now between both of them. Sanae had confessed to him and he didn't answer."

   "Y-You know all of this huh?"

   I was surprised she knew this much. In the manga, I considered her as not so important of a character. However it was only first volume so I might have underestimated her significance in the story.

   "Of course I know all of this. I'm Sanae's best friend, you know?"

   "O-Oh yeah. I forgot that."

   "And it was me who practically forced her to confess last night. Otherwise that girl had no courage at all haha."

   She laughed a little although it seemed like a fake laugh. For some reasons, she was looking... sad.

   "By the way, Takeshi-san, do you know about Mizuha liking Reiji-san too?"

   "Ah yeah. I know that."

   "That's why I encouraged her to confess before she snatches him away. I hope she gets him now. She loves him since childhood."

   "So you're basically Reiji x Sanae shipper?"

   "W-Well... you can say it like that if you want."

   We both smiled at each other. However, I still thought something was bothering her. It was not her real emotions.

   When we returned to Sensei's office, Reiji and Sanae weren't there.

   "Ah you two came back. Good job. The other two still didn't return though.", Sensei informed us.

   "That's odd.", Izumi said.

   "Yeah. The Biology lab might be a little further than the Chemistry lab, but they should have come back by now."

   Izumi then came close to me and whispered, "Should we go and check?"

   I was flustered by the sudden closeness but somehow kept my composure.

   "Yeah."

   She then started walking towards the lab. But I was stopped by Sensei who was grinning at me.

   "What's it, Sensei?"

   "You wanted to go together with Izumi, and you got your wish. And you two look really close right now. You're really working fast, aren't you. Good job, fufu."

   "W-Wait sensei! It's a misunderstanding. I didn't want to go together for that. And we're not really close."

   "It's okay. It's okay. Keep going."

   She did a 'thumbs up' gesture at me as if to encourage me. Weird teacher, weird school, weird manga. At least I'm not weird myself, or am I?

   Then I caught up with Izumi in the Biology lab. The things were already brought there by them. But they both were not there in the lab.

   "Should we check in the hallway there?", she asked.

   "Let's see."

   While walking, I was thinking once again about Izumi in the manga. What could her exact role? Was she anyone's love interest? Probably not. I tried to remember if I had any conversations with her. Also, is there any love interest for my character in the manga?

   Nah... frankly speaking there is zero percent chance of that happening.

   We didn't have to search for long. As we walked a little, we heard some conversations. We hid at one corner and saw both Reiji and Sanae standing on the hall. There were no other students so it seemed like perfect opportunity for them.

   "S-So what's your answer, Miyano-kun?" (Sanae)

   "W-Well. B-But... Sanae you don't really like me, right?" (Reiji)

   "Eh?" (Sanae)

   "You're doing this... so that you don't get to be with some random person in the lottery, right?" (Reiji)

   "Jeez, Reiji-san is really dense, isn't he?" (Izumi)

   "Yeah of course. I swear I want to go and punch him right now." (Takeshi)

   Sanae then looked at him with moist eyes. It was as if she was on the verge of crying.

   "Poor Sanae." (Takeshi)

   "Yeah." (Izumi)

   However, Sanae didn't give up and once again announced, 

   "It's not true! I like Miyano-kun! I really really really like you, Miyano-kun! Why don't you believe me!" (Sanae)

   "Woah!" (Reiji)

   "Sanae... amazing!" (Izumi)

   "OH MY GOD! Okay it's happening! Everyone stay calm!" (Takeshi)

   "Don't say so loud, Takeshi-san! They will hear us!" (Izumi)

   "Don't worry they won't. It's a manga world after all." (Takashi)

   "Huh? Manga world?" (Izumi)

   "Nothing! Don't mind me." (Takeshi)

   "Sanae... is this real? But why? Why... you like someone like me?" (Reiji)

   "Emotional backstory maybe?" (Takeshi)

   "Shhhhh..." (Izumi)

   "Okay okay." (Takeshi)

   "I like you since the day you saved me from the bullies. You were so kind and so cool." (Sanae)

   "Eh? But wasn't that in kindergarten?" (Reiji)

   "Yeah. I fell for Miyano-kun ever since that day. I don't want anyone but Miyano-kun. That's why.... please go out with me." (Sanae)

   "Entirely predictable plot. The author should have worked harder here." (Takeshi)

   "Seriously what are you saying? I have no idea." (Izumi)

   Meanwhile Reiji was super flustered after hearing that she liked him so much. He blushed and said,

   "I-I am very happy to hear that you like me, Sanae. And I--" (Reiji)

   "Stop!" (?)

   At this moment, a plot twist occurred from nowhere. Someone arrived behind them and halted the lovey dovey environment. And it was none other than...

   "Huh? M-Mizuha?" (Reiji)

   "M-Mizuha... san." (Sanae)

   "Oh no! Just what we feared. What should we do, Takeshi-san?" (Izumi)

   "*Munch Munch*" (Takeshi)

  "Eh? What are you eating?" (Izumi)

  "Oh grab some popcorn. We are here for some drama!" (Takeshi)

   "N-No. But where did you get it?" (Izumi)

   "It's a manga world. Things pop up at anywhere and anytime." (Takeshi)

   "Yeah I don't really get anything of what you said." (Izumi)

 [To be continued]

69