Chapter 11: Amusement Park Date (Part 1)
1.5k 8 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Takeshi Kimura:

   "Huh? Where are you going, Takeshi?", said the landlady of my apartment. She saw me just as I was leaving my doorstep.

   "Oh I have some work to do..." (Takeshi)

   "On Sunday? Hehe~ don't tell me it's a date?" (Landlady)

   "Well technically you're correct..." (Takeshi)

   "Ara Ara~ Go enjoy yourself." (Landlady)

   I said technically correct, because I was indeed going on a date, the difference being it's not my date...

   Anyway, I didn't care to explain to her further. I left my apartment and then messaged to Reiji.

   <Where are you?> (Takeshi)

   <In the station.> (Reiji)

   <Already? You sure Mizuha wasn't following you?> (Takeshi)

   <Probably not. I was keeping an eye in every direction while walking.> (Reiji)

   <Okay, and Sanae have come?> (Takeshi)

   <No she hasn't yet. Neither Izumi.> (Reiji)

   Izumi-san and I had been given a job by Sanae to follow them just in case Mizuha came to disrupt their date. Well, I had two problems regarding doing this.

   Firstly, it was incredibly selfish ask from Sanae, which was annoying.

   Secondly, it was also awkward for us to follow them. I certainly had no interest in watching them being full lovey dovey in their date.

   As I was lost in thought, another message popped up in my phone.

   <I just hope everything goes alright.> (Reiji)

   <Don't worry. Everything will go wrong.> (Takeshi)

   <Oi! You're supposed to give me hope, not take it away.> (Reiji)

   <I'm serious though...> (Takeshi)

   <Seriously?> (Reiji)

    I'm indeed dead serious. There's no way this will go according to plan. This has disaster written all over it.

   When I reached the station, only Reiji was there. We had to wait another 5 minutes and then the other two had also come.

   "I can't believe I'm in a date with Miyano-kun! I'm sure you're also excited!" (Sanae)

   "Not.... really..." (Reiji)

   They already started with their flirting. However, I couldn't help but only focus on Izumi-san. It was the first time I saw her on her casual clothes. And she was.... incredibly cute. I was mesmerized and couldn't utter a word.

   "What are you looking at, Takeshi-san?" (Izumi)

   "Oh N-No Nothing!" (Takeshi)

   At least I would be able to be together with Izumi-san. That's the only good thing about this date.

  On the train, I and Izumi-san were standing far away from those two. However, it was just enough to keep an eye on their surroundings.

   I was standing really close to Izumi-san. I was thinking whether it was uncomfortable for her. At that moment, she passed me something.

   "Here, wear this." (Izumi)

   "Huh? A cap?" (Takeshi)

   "So that we don't look suspicious to others." (Izumi)

   "Don't you think we will look more suspicious if we wear this?" (Takeshi)

   She ignored my question and wore a cap herself. I too was forced to wear mine in the end.

   "It doesn't look bad after al--- Ow! Ow!", I responded in pain as Izumi-san suddenly pinched my cheek for some reasons.

   "So... tell me now." (Izumi)

   "Huh? What?" (Takeshi)

   "Tell me what were you looking at that time?" (Izumi)

   "Huh? I don't get your question--- Ow! Ow!" (Takeshi)

   "You were looking at my face all the time, weren't you? Tell me why." (Izumi)

   "O-Oh that was really nothing. Trust m--- Ow! Okay okay! I was looking at Izumi-san. I'm sorry!" (Takeshi)

   Damn, she was looking really angry. I guess she really hated when I looked at her. I was a bit sad after realising it.

   "So... why were you looking at me?" (Izumi)

   "Well... Izumi-san is very cute... that's why..." (Takeshi)

   I somehow answered honestly and expected more pain to follow on my cheeks. However, Izumi-san surprisingly kept quiet and averted her gaze. I noticed her face was slightly red.

   But then, as I was hoping she wouldn't pull my cheeks this time, she suddenly pulled my ear close to her mouth.

   "Ow! Ow! Don't pull my ear!" (Takeshi)

   "-vert..." (Izumi)

   "Eh? What?" (Takeshi)

   "Takeshi-san is a... pervert." (Izumi)

   "Wait! No no! I'm not a pervert! I didn't look at you that way! I swear I never did!" (Takeshi)

   "Fufu...." (Izumi)

   "Eh?" (Takeshi)

   While I was losing my sh*t, Izumi-san was only laughing. I wonder if she was just joking all time...

   "I'm glad to see Takeshi-san is an idiot as always." (Izumi)

   I didn't really understand, but as long as she was happy, I didn't see any problem.

   "You're not angry, right?" (Takeshi)

   "No, I'm still angry." (Izumi)

   "Eh? But why?" (Takeshi)

   "Because Takeshi-san would stare at every girl as long as she's cute, right? Isn't that what you meant?" (Izumi)

   She looked at me and pouted.

   "No no no! It's a misunderstanding. I never looked at any other girl, and never will." (Takeshi)

   "So you will only look at me?" (Izumi)

   "......." (Takeshi)

   Is this.... is this my chance to confess? Izumi-san was looking at my eyes.... eagerly waiting... for my answer...

   Attention please! Next station is Hirakata. Next station is Hirakata.

   And of course, our thoughts were broken by the announcement of the train. We have arrived at the station where we were supposed to go.

   "I-I guess it's time...." (Takeshi)

   ".......Hm." (Izumi)

    She reluctantly responded, and then quietly followed me.

   Reiji and Sanae walked out first. Then we followed them at a comfortable distance. I hoped we were not looking suspicious to the people, with the black caps we were wearing. Nevermind, we were looking like clowns.

   We were finally inside the amusement park. The number of people was not as much as I thought but it was still much crowded.

   Izumi-san was still quiet. It pains my heart everytime I see her like that...

   I took a deep breath, then made up my mind and said without looking at her,

   "Izumi-san.... is the only one I could look at...." (Takeshi)

   "......." (Izumi)

   She didn't respond, but her expressions changed... to a bright smile, that was enough to melt anyone's heart.

   "...vert." (Izumi)

   "Huh?" (Takeshi)

   She came close to my ear and whispered, 

   "Pervert." (Izumi)

   "Eh? Why am I still a pervert?" (Takeshi)

   "Fufu.... Let's have fun today!" (Izumi)

   "Didn't we come here to keep an eye on them?" (Takeshi)

   "Sooo.... you don't want us to have fun?...", she pouted.

   "Sigh... okay then...."

   She then held my sleeve and forced me to come along with her. This sure was going to be a hectic day...

   However, I was totally fine with it as long as she loved it. 

   But I had a feeling that something was about to go wrong as usual. Please get me off your wild ride, Author-san.

Will be publishing chapters without delay from now on....

   

44