Chapter 14: Takeshi’s Calculated Confession (Part 1)
1.7k 8 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Takeshi Kimura:

   "Why are you always looking at me, Takeshi-san?" (Izumi)

   "Because Izumi-san is beautiful... Ow! Ow! Don't pinch my cheeks." (Takeshi)

   "It's because you're always flirting with me.", said Izumi-san with a pouted face.

   "Not really... I'm just being honest." (Takeshi)

   "...... Anyway, can you hold my bag? I'm just going to washroom once..." (Izumi)

   "No problem." (Takeshi)

   When Izumi-san had gone, I sighed. Watching a happy Izumi-san always makes me smile. At the very least, I could proudly claim that I had made her happy today.

   However, her innocent and cute behaviours were making my mind go wild. It was almost impossible for me to control the urge to hug her. I wanted to confess to her, for real.

   But I couldn't muster up the courage.

   You have to remember, that our relationship is not real. This is just an agreement between us to act as a couple. She probably doesn't think that much about it. But I have always loved her for real. 

   And that's why... I want to confess to her... one day.

   About that "one day", I don't know when that will come.

   That's why I opened my phone's calculator to check my current situation.

   If you're a little bit confused what I'm using my calculator for, then let me explain you....

   As you may already know, I'm a mathematics guy. I love maths. And that's why I'm using maths to determine whether I should confess or not...

   It's an easy method... I'm just noticing Izumi-san's behaviour towards me every day. And then I assume a value for her every particular behaviour (positive value if she is happy towards me, negative if she is sad or angry). Then I add up those values and convert them to a percentage value which is nothing but the probability of her accepting my confession if I confess to her right now.

   See? That's not hard.

   Okay... may be a little bit complicated. 

   For example, last week, the calculation said almost 0% chance for me, which was understandable, because her feelings for Reiji was very strong then. Two days before it showed 23% chance. Yesterday it showed 31%.

   But today... my calculation was showing... 57%.... for the first time, more than 50%.

   So.... her accepting my confession had a more chance than rejecting it...

   However, I still won't go to confess... Not until the forecast reaches 70%. That's a safety level assumed by me. You can call me coward but that's it. 

   I have to be very cautious here. Because if she doesn't like my confession, then it will be almost impossible for us to go back to our current relationship. And that will be worst.

   "What are you thinking there like Isaac Newton?" (Izumi)

   It was Izumi-san who broke my thoughts. 

   "Oh nothing nothing. You came back. Let's go back to work then." (Takeshi)

   "Umm.... what work were we doing actually?" (Izumi)

   "Oh... now you said, I don't remember what we were supposed to do right now. Perhaps we were searching for something..." (Takeshi)

   "May I help you two remember?" (Sanae)

   "Ow!" (Takeshi)

   "Ouch!" (Izumi)

   Both I and Izumi-san were suddenly greeted and hit by an angry Sanae from behind. We didn't have a clue when she had arrived. 

   Well she was not looking very pleased though...

   "Listen Sanae, how about we have some coke?" (Takeshi)

   "Or some orange juice?" (Izumi)

   "You two idiot lovebirds! Here I've been absolutely exhausted while searching for Miyano-kun! And there you two are in your own world. God, I want to have this loving time with Miyano-kun too!" (Sanae)

   "I'm sorry Mahiru..." (Izumi)

   "Me too..." (Takeshi)

   "It's okay. But please, help me find him this time." (Sanae)

   "Yes ma'am!", shouted both of us.

   

   This time, we began searching for Reiji with our full force. We also started to ask the public, if anyone has seen him anywhere. 

   While I was about to ask a young lady, she suddenly looked tensed for different reasons. 

    "I'm sorry but I'm right now in a different trouble. Have you seen anywhere my wallet? I have probably dropped it here.", asked that lady.

    I didn't see that wallet anywhere. But as she was very tensed, I decided to help her. And after a few minutes, I found it.

   "Oh God! Thank you very much!", she was joyous like a little girl and held both of my hands in excitement. 

   Now I noticed, she was really good looking....

   When she left, I decided to continue searching for Reiji. But suddenly my ears were pulled again...

   "Ow! ow! W-What happened?" (Takeshi)

   "It's me who should ask you this. What were you doing actually right now?" (Izumi)

   "Oh. I was just helping that lady finding her wallet. She was excited when I found it haha." (Takeshi)

   "And you too looked very happy while talking with her..." (Izumi)

   "Eh? N-Not really. Why?" (Takeshi)

   "Wasn't she beautiful?" (Izumi)

   "Oh yeah that's true." (Takeshi)

   "That's it! Don't talk with me!" (Izumi)

   "W-Wait! At least tell me what happened!" (Takeshi)

    Forget Reiji.... the next 20 minutes passed away with me trying to convince Izumi-san...

   "Umm... Izumi-san?" (Takeshi)

   "What?" (Izumi)

   "Are you perhaps, jealous?" (Takeshi)

   "IDIOT! Why would I be?" (Izumi)

    She's definitely jealous. Yeah...

    Wait... if she's jealous... doesn't that mean... she likes me...

    Calm down... calm down... let's bring my calculator....

   I added the jealousy factor of Izumi-san in the calculation. And the bew results said....

   69%....

   Damn... 1 less than 70...

   Should I confess to her... this looks like a perfect situation, just like in any rom com manga...

   But... I'm still a little bit afraid. It's still not 70% after all. 70 is a safety level. 

   I should probably wait a little more...

   F*ck it...

   I need to confess... RIGHT NOW!

   "Izumi-san!" (Takeshi)

   "What?" (Izumi)

   "I...." (Takeshi)

   "Riko-chan! Takeshi!" (Sanae)

   Damn it!

    "I still can't find him anywhere! Should I report to police?!" (Sanae)

   I was disappointed to lose that chance to confess, but as I looked at Sanae's frustrated situation, I was rather sympathetic towards her.

   "Don't know." (Izumi)

   "Eh? What happened to you?" (Sanae)

   "Nothing." (Izumi)

   "Takeshi! Please do something!" (Sanae)

   "Okay okay. Let me think a bit..." (Takeshi)

   I was pretty much sure from the start that the situation had something to do with Mizuha. But I didn't have a clue where she could have gone with him. I continued thinking... trying to find an explanation. 

   And then... I got it!

   "Sanae! What do you think is the most romantic place in this Amusement Park?" (Takeshi)

   "Eh? Most romantic? It's the ferris wheel I guess. Hehe~ I always intended to go there with Miyano-kun." (Sanae)

   "Hold your horses. Because your Miyano-kun is probably there with your love rival." (Takeshi)

   "Hehe--- Wait! W-What!?" (Sanae)

   

41