Chapter 15: Takeshi’s Calculated Confession (Part 2)
1.4k 14 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One important thing I want to talk about:

I know most of you are disappointed that I always take so many days before updating. The problem is that my personal life is very busy and tiring. And I rarely have any time to write on week days. So it's almost impossible for me to update on a regular basis. But even then you all still read my story and support me every time, it makes me happy.

Writing is just my hobby. I get nothing but personal happiness from it. I may not reply to every comment, but I read all of them several times. Thanks as always for reading. And hope you enjoy this chapter.



Reiji Miyano:

   "It's looking so beautiful outside." (Mizuha)

   "Oh... yeah." (Reiji)

   Right now we were sitting inside of a cabin in the ferris wheel. Mizuha was referring to outside scenario. It was afternoon. The charming sunset was too beautiful not to enjoy. 

   Even Mizuha... why was she looking so cute suddenly? I never felt this way before....

   No! no! no! no! I almost forgot what situation I was in!

   First of all, I came here with Sanae. She would definitely be mad if she found out me together with Mizuha.

   Also, my phone was with Mizuha! She had switched it off and kept it with her! 

   "What are you thinking, Miyano?" (Mizuha)

   "Uh nothing... hey Mizuha... can you give me back my phone?" (Reiji)

   "Eh?....Umm... No." (Mizuha)

   "Why?!" (Reiji)

   "Because you're going to call your friends!" (Mizuha)

   "Well..." (Reiji)

   "C'mon Miyano! At least let us have some good time together!" (Mizuha)

   "O... kay, Mizuha." (Reiji)

   "Also don't call me 'Mizuha' anymore! Call me with my first name! Just like you called me in kindergarten. " (Mizuha)

   "Eh... that will be difficult..." (Reiji)

   "Why?" (Mizuha)

    Why, you ask? I never called you with your first name since kindergarten! Now suddenly in high school... how could I just call you like that? That's embarrassing!

    We were sitting facing each other on the opposite seats. Suddenly Mizuha stood up and came to sit beside me and gently held my hand.

   "C'mon call me how you used to...", she whispered. 

   "..... Kei... Ki..." (Reiji)

   "You're totally red!" (Mizuha)

   "Because it's f*cking embarrassing!" (Reiji)

                                    ♤

Takeshi Kimura:

    "So you're telling me they are enjoying together in the ferris wheel..." (Sanae)

   "Probably..." (Takeshi)

   "Don't just say 'probably'! You're increasing my anxiety!" (Sanae)

   Well... I'm sorry Sanae... but I think I'm 99% correct here about this possibility.

   When Sanae, I, and Izumi-san arrived there, Sanae was desperately trying to find Reiji.

   "I can't see him anywhere..." (Sanae)

   "You can't see him on the ground. Check out in the sky... I mean inside the ferris wheel." (Takeshi)

   "How can I see that far?" (Sanae)

   "Here take the binoculars." (Takeshi)

   "Oh thanks! Where did you get it?" (Sanae)

   "It's a manga world. Things pop up always at the right time." (Takeshi)

   "......... I'm not sure whether I understood what you meant but anyway." (Sanae)

   While she was checking with the binoculars, I went and sat at the nearby bench. Izumi-san was also sitting there. She was quiet ever since THAT incident. 

   "Umm.... Izumi-san?" (Takeshi)

   "........" (Izumi)

   "Hey, are you still angry?" (Takeshi)

   "........" (Izumi)

   "I'm sorry... tell me what punishment should I have? You can also pull my ears as much as you want." (Takeshi)

   "Really?" (Izumi)

   "Yes." (Takeshi)

   "Like this?" (Izumi)

   "Ouch, ouch, ouch! Wait, wait, wait! That's enough, that's enough!" (Takeshi)

   "Fufu..." (Izumi)

   She finally laughed. Then she gently poked my cheeks and said,

   "You're not going to let me angry at you, are you? Even for a moment?" (Izumi)

   "Nah. Because a happy Izumi-san is always the best Izumi-san!" (Takeshi)

   Izumi-san gave me a wry smile and said,

   "And yet I acted unreasonably and was mad at Takeshi-san for no reason.", she looked down being upset. I didn't like it. I didn't want to see her like this.

    Before I realised, I unconsciously started patting her head. She was a little surprised by that. But I didn't stop.

   "It's completely fine... to be unreasonable... and selfish around me." (Takeshi)

   "......." (Izumi)

   "In fact, I want Izumi-san to be selfish. I want Izumi-san to be fully herself, and not someone who forces herself to smile and endure the pain." (Takeshi)

    "Takeshi-san...." (Izumi)

    Her eyes became moist as it seemed like she was holding back her tears.

    "So... be selfish... always!" (Takeshi)

    "So can I pull Takeshi-san's ears everytime?" (Izumi)

    "W-Why the ears!?" (Takeshi)

    "Fufu..." (Izumi)

     Nevermind, she was once again smiling. 

    It was a nice atmosphere going on between us. But then suddenly we heard a scream ahead of us.

    "Don't like it! Don't like it! Don't like it! DON'T LIKE IT!" (Sanae)

    "Huh?" (Takeshi)

    "Oi Mahiru, don't shout like a madman!" (Izumi)

    "My life is in a crisis!" (Sanae)

    "Why? Did you find out you're adopted?" (Takeshi)

    "No! Even worse than that! That girl, Mizuha and my Miyano-kun are indeed in the ferris wheel!" (Sanae)

    "Ohh...." (Takeshi)

    "Wow! They are getting a romantic time together!" (Izumi)

    "Riko-chan! This is not the time for compliment! My Miyano-kun is going to get NTR'd by that Mizuha!" (Sanae)

    "Well first of all, according to www.urbandictionary.com, you can't call it NTR because the guy, Mr Reiji Miyano, is not technically your boyfriend." (Takeshi)

   "Oh whatever! I don't like it! I don't like it! If only I had a shotgun!" (Sanae)

   "No murders please. This is a light hearted manga." (Takeshi)

   Well, the mood Sanae was in right now, I would not like myself or anyone to go close to her.

   At this moment, Izumi-san whispered into my ears,

   "Should we escape for now?"

   Seems like Izumi-san was fed up of it. And I couldn't blame her. I looked at Sanae, and... she was looking at the other direction. 

   She was probably preparing for a boxing match - no need to say against whom...

   She did not even notice as both of us sneaked away from there.

                                   ♤

     I and Izumi-san were walking side by side. We decided to stay away from them for some time until they all become tired of their crap.

    Izumi-san was quiet. I wanted to ask her a question which was in my mind for sometimes.

   "Do you want to ask me something?" (Izumi)

   "Whoa! How did you know?" (Takeshi)

   "I have already known about Takeshi-san a lot." (Izumi)

   "Oh..." (Takeshi)

   Well that made me happy for sure.

   "So... what do you want to ask?" (Izumi)

   "Well... please honestly answer this question. Does Izumi-san still have feelings for Reiji?" (Takeshi)

   Izumi-san stopped walking. She looked straight into my eyes. All of a sudden, the atmosphere became tensed. I began to regret asking that question. 

     Why!? Just why? Why did I have to ask this question!? At this good time nonetheless...

    "I-If you don't want to answer, it's also fine!" (Takeshi)

   "Does it matter?" (Izumi)

   "Huh?" (Takeshi)

   "Whether my answer is yes or no, does it matter to Takeshi-san?" (Izumi)

   "........." (Takeshi)

   "Tell me... honestly." (Izumi)

   I looked at her eyes. Her eyes were eagerly waiting for my answer. I took a deep breath and answered honestly. 

   "It does. It does matter to me." (Takeshi)

   "How much?" (Izumi)

   "I'd probably die out of sadness... or happy as a clam depending on the answer." (Takeshi)

    Izumi-san gave a gentle smile and then whispered ro my ears,

   "I think I'm over that phase. For now, I'm happy.... as long as I'm with Takeshi-san." (Izumi)

   "........." (Takeshi)

   It's fair to say I was too stunned to say anything. I stood there for some time like a statue. And then, I realised....

   This is it! This is the moment! I need to confess my love right now!

   "Takeshi-san? Can you hear me?" (Izumi)

   "Izumi-san!" (Takeshi)

   "Yeah?!" (Izumi)

   "Just one minute!" (Takeshi)

   I turned around, looking for my calculator. I was pretty sure the possibility was now over 70%. However I still wanted to see the value to be sure about that. I wanted to confess in the best way possible!

   So anyways, the results were....

   Undefined

   Huh? Did I do any mistakes?

   I double checked my calculations... and I found nothing wrong.

   Why the f*ck then is it showing "undefined"?

   My calculator is literally trolling with me!

    Frustrated, I started pressing all the buttons.

    "Eh? Takeshi-san? What are you doing?" (Izumi)

    "Nothing!" (Takeshi)

    "Are you in trouble?" (Izumi)

    "Yeah!" (Takeshi)

    "What's that?" (Izumi)

    "I want to confess my love to you for f*ck sake! But everything is going wrong!" (Takeshi)

    "..............................................Ehhhhhhhhhhhh." (Izumi)

   "Oops......" (Takeshi)

   "................." (Izumi)

   "Umm.... Izumi-san, you didn't hear anything properly, right?" (Takeshi)

    "No, I heard each and every single word properly!" (Izumi)

   Mission failed successfully.....

    

   

   

42