Chapter 16: Goodbye Amusement Park
1.4k 7 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Takeshi Kimura:

    It had been a few minutes since I "accidentally" confessed my love to Izumi-san. Right now we were sitting on a bench. Both of us were quiet since then.

    The awkward silence was too much for me to bear. I wanted to break this silence. But then again, I didn't know what to say to her. 

    Just a few minutes before, I was pumped up to confess my feelings to her. But now, after all the sh*tshow, I was in lost.

   Why are you quiet, Izumi-san? Please say something!

   She was quietly looking down. Her face was completely red. I can't blame her. It's not like I was less embarrassed myself. 

   But.... how does she feel right now?

   I don't think she would hate me because of the confession. As far as I've learnt, she's not that type of girl. However, there is a big chance she will distance herself from me.

   If Izumi-san starts avoiding me.... I better just get hit by truck-kun once again. I won't be able to live in this world anymore.

   Izumi-san, please say something!

   "So....." (Izumi)

   Finally! She broke her silence....

   "Y-Yes?" (Takeshi)

   Izumi-san looked straight at my eyes for a moment.... and then....

   "Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!" (Takeshi)

   She pulled my ears....

   "You IDIOT, why didn't you tell me before!?" (Izumi)

   "Huh? B-Because, I thought it would be problematic for you if I suddenly confess to you. You still had feelings for Reiji after all." (Takeshi)

   "So you didn't confess because of that...." (Izumi)

   "Yeah." (Takeshi)

   She then left my ears and gently held my sleeves. Even when she was angry, she was looking cute. 

   "Since when.... have you.... liked me?" (Izumi)

   "Since I reincarnated in this world." (Takeshi)

   "Huh?" (Izumi)

   "I MEAN SINCE I MET YOU... SINCE I MET YOU IN HIGH SCHOOL." (Takeshi)

   "Eh? You have liked me for so long?" (Izumi)

   "Y-Yeah. I have always loved Izumi-san." (Takeshi)

   Izumi-san strengthened her grip on my sleeves. It seemed as if she was controlling her emotions.

   I made up my mind and decided to formally confess to her this time. I took a deep breath and said,

   "I love Izumi-san. And I will do everything to make her happy. I know our current relationship is fake. But I want Izumi-san to give me a chance to prove that I'm the right person for her." (Takeshi)

   "......." (Izumi)

   "As I always said, I like the Izumi-san who is selfish and honest. I don't want her to endure anything inside her. So, if you are having any trouble, please tell me." (Takeshi)

   "Takeshi-san... eh wait a minute!" (Izumi)

   "Hm?" (Takeshi)

   Izumi-san's enchanted face suddenly became 'confused' for a moment. Then she sternly asked me,

   "Takeshi-san, tell me one thing honestly, okay?" (Izumi)

   "Y-Yes?" (Takeshi)

   I was taken aback a little by her stern tune.

   "Did you.... do something with the lottery tickets?" (Izumi)

   ".........." (Takeshi)

   Oh God.... 

   "I mean.... isn't it a little too big of a coincidence that you're the one who got the same ticket as me?" (Izumi)

   "....... well it's a big coincidence yeah." (Takeshi)

   "Really?" (Izumi)

   Damn.... I knew so many things about Izumi-san, but I never knew she was so f*cking intelligent.

   "Umm.... y-yeah. W-What else could it be?" (Takeshi)

   "You're stuttering." (Izumi)

   "No! D-Did I s-stutter?"  (Takeshi)

   "You're stuttering again." (Izumi)

   What should I do now? Should I say that our teacher herself gave me the same ticket as her? Will she believe this? 

   "Takeshi-san... tell me..." (Izumi)

   I gave up....

                                    ♤

   "Eh? So our teacher, Sakurai Sensei helped you to get the same tickets?" (Izumi)

   She didn't 'help' me by the way.... She had done this all by herself with her choice.

   Anyway, I bowed down to her seeking apology. I've surely hurt Izumi-san's feelings after all, whether it's entirely my fault or not. I should now go and find a good truck to get hit by.

   "I'm extremely sorry for lying to you. Izumi-san is surely hurt right now." (Takeshi)

   However, Izumi-san was smiling....

   "Not really, in fact I will like to thank Sakurai Sensei for this." (Izumi)

   "Eh? What did you say?" (Takeshi)

   "Nothing!" (Izumi)

   "You said you would like to thank Sensei?" (Takeshi)

   "You suddenly started hearing well, huh?" (Izumi)

   Izumi-san then poked my cheeks and smiled,

   "I'm not hurt. In fact, I can never be hurt by Takeshi-san." (Izumi)

   "Izumi-san... so your answer to my confession.... is?" (Takeshi)

   Izumi-san didn't answer. But she suddenly clung onto my left arm..... which gave me an electric shock.

   "I-Izumi-san?" (Takeshi)

   "For now.... I want us to be like this." (Izumi)

   "Eh? But... there are people, you know?" (Takeshi)

   "I don't care.", she said with a pouty face, and then also rested her head on my shoulders.

   It's not like I didn't like this. I was absolutely blessed with this situation. I could smell a sweet fragrance coming from Izumi-san's hair. However, there was one problem....

   "Umm... Izumi-san, something very soft is touching my arm..." (Takeshi)

   "Pervert~ fufu..." (Izumi)

    

                                  ♤

    It was almost 6 P.M....

    After having fun for all day, it was the time to leave. I may never forget this day.... so many things happened after all.

    "Takeshi-san..." (Izumi)

    "Yeah?" (Takeshi)

    Both I and Izumi-san were walking side by side, holding hands...

   "Can we come here again, someday?" (Izumi)

   "Of course! Anytime you want." (Takeshi)

   "Really? Then, next time... only two of us...." (Izumi)

   "..... Yeah." (Takeshi)

    I gently smiled at her. She still didn't officially answer to my confession by the way. But judging from her behaviour, should I consider it as a "yes"?

   Probably.....

   "Wait, aren't we forgetting about someone else?" (Izumi)

   "Hm? Now you said that...." (Takeshi)

   At that very moment, we heard a loud quarrel ahead of us.

   Surprised, we went to see there, and we found out none other than our two classmates...

   "Wait wait wait, so you're trying to convince me that there's nothing wrong with kidnapping someone else's partner and then having a date with him yourself?" (Sanae)

   "Hold on, so you're trying to convince me that I'm the wrong one here? Miyano is NOT your boyfriend. Wake up." (Mizuha)

   "You! He'll eventually be my boyfriend." (Sanae)

   "In your dreams!" (Mizuha)

   "Okay okay you two! Time to go home! No need to gather public here!" (Izumi)

   Izumi-san and I somehow managed to cool both of them up.

   "As if I gathered that public. Ask the one who was crying like a baby." (Mizuha)

   "You!" (Sanae)

   "Enough! Enough!" (Izumi)

    It was indeed hard to keep them quiet. Both were acting like kindergarten students. 

   "Hm? But where's Reiji?" (Takeshi)

   "Uh? He's not here?" (Mizuha)

   "Huh? He was there just a few minutes before, though." (Sanae)

    "Miyano-kun! Miyano-kun!", both Mizuha and Sanae then started calling his name.

Meanwhile Miyano-kun:

   "Wow! This is amazing! I never drank such refreshing coffee before." (Reiji)

   "This is our special coffee, sir." (Waiter)

   "Really it's amazing! Huh?" (Reiji)

   "Some trouble?" (Waiter)

   "No. I think I'm forgetting something important." (Reiji)

    "If you can't remember, then it's surely not important." (Waiter)

   "Yeah you're probably correct." (Reiji)

    

   

   

40