Chapter 17: Walking home together
1.4k 10 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Takeshi Kimura:

    "Listen... I know leaving you two there to drink coffee somewhere else was a little bit wrong but...." (Reiji)

    "A little bit? We literally had to search for you again! Punishment time!" (Sanae)

   "What's... the... punishment?" (Reiji)

   "I'm going to sleep at your house tonight!" (Sanae)

   "What?!" (Reiji)

   "On your bed!" (Sanae)

   "Wait!" (Reiji)

   "With Miyano-kun ~~" (Sanae)

   "Do you realise I don't live alone? My parents would also be at my home." (Reiji)

   "And also how can you forget me?! As long as I'm alive, I won't let this girl do anything to you, Miyano! If she's coming at your home, I'm coming too!" (Mizuha)

   "You can't do sh*t to separate us!" (Sanae)

   "My mother will faint if she sees this!" (Reiji)

   "At least be quiet in the train for f*ck sake, you three!" (Takeshi)

   This was nothing more than just your average peaceful conversation between these three. 

   After quite an eventful day, we were finally heading home at the evening. Right now, we were inside the train. The evening train was even more crowded than at the morning.

   Those three were sitting a little far away than me and Izumi-san. We also got a chance to sit there, but we politely declined.

    Luckily, I got another empty seat elsewhere and insisted Izumi-san to sit there. She walked so much today, she deserved to sit down and rest.

   "Takeshi-san, aren't you tired too?" (Izumi)

   "Not really." (Takeshi)

   "Liar." (Izumi)

   She pouted and reluctantly sat down. She didn't force me anymore because she knew I was not going let her stand and sit myself.

   I wonder... if she also loves me...

   I may be overthinking... because her behaviour clearly indicates that she likes me back...

   What if she is forcing herself into this....

   Nah nah don't overthink!

   But... she didn't yet officially respond to my confession.

   Suddenly my thoughts were broken by Izumi-san's voice.

   "You can sit here, miss." (Izumi)

    The invitation was towards, surprisingly, a lady who was standing just next to me.

    "Ah no thanks. It's really not needed.", that lady replied.

    "I insist." (Izumi)

    "If you insist so much then... thank you!", she eventually gave in and sat down.

    Izumi-san, meanwhile, stood back next to me.

    I wouldn't be surprised if Izumi-san gave her seat to an old person. Instead, she gave her seat to a very young lady. I frankly didn't think that lady desperately needed that kindness.

    "Did you really have to give up your seat?" (Takeshi)

    "Yes!" (Izumi)

    She then suddenly embraced my arm.

   "W-Whoa!" (Takeshi)

   I almost died. Even though I had experienced it before, the sudden warmth to my body was too much for me to handle.

   "W-We're in public train here, hey, Izumi-san?" (Takeshi)

   "I know. Do you hate it?" (Izumi)

   "N-Not really. I'm a bit... embarrassed." (Takeshi)

   "Me too." (Izumi)

   ".......why are you doing it then?" (Takeshi)

    

 Izumi Riko:

    I didn't like that lady. I didn't like that the lady was standing so close to Takeshi-san. Their bodies were almost touching! I had to do something to get her away from him.

    I know you'll call me a mad girl. This is madness indeed. I probably deserve to be called that.

   But I can't help myself... I just can't control my emotions....

   I was never like that before. I used to control my emotions pretty easily. But now... something happened...

   I don't.... want to lose Takeshi-san... by any means.

   This is different than before.... My feelings were never this strong before.

    You'll call me a child for saying this, but I don't care. I want to be together with him. Forever.

   Doki-doki ....

   I was clinging to him, that's why I could hear his heartbeats...

    I could hear to this all the times. If only I could stay like this forever....

    Unfortunately... 

    Announcement! Next station is Nakamura! Next station is Nakamura!

    Why time runs so fast when you don't want it to?

                                   ♤

   It was time for us to say goodbye. Reiji-san, Mahiru and Mizuha left together. They were childhood friends after all. Their houses were nearby to each other.

   However, Takeshi-san and I lived far apart. So it was really time for us to separate.

   I didn't want to....

   Even though I knew I would see him again tomorrow at school....

   I still wanted to stay together.... a bit more....

   "Izumi-san..." (Takeshi)

   "Y-Yeah..." (Izumi)

   "I'll walk you home..." (Takeshi)

   "Eh? You don't have to. Your apartment is far away than mine. And you don't even have your bike now." (Izumi)

   "No problem. I can't let Izumi-san to go alone at night after all." (Takeshi)

   "You... I'm not a little girl." (Izumi)

   "It's okay... I also wanted to talk with Izumi-san... a little more..." (Takeshi)

   "......" (Izumi)

   I love him....

   No, I love him too much....

   We talked about many useless things. About my friends, hobbies etc. But I didn't want to end the conversation. I wanted to keep talking to her...

   And I didn't even realise we already reached my apartment....

   Yeah... one again... time betrayed me.

   I stood near my apartment gate, while Takeshi-san told me goodbye.

   "Today was fun." (Takeshi)

   "Yeah." (Izumi)

   "And Izumi-san was too cute today." (Takeshi)

   "S-Stop flirting..." (Izumi)

   "Okay then.... see you tomorrow." (Takeshi)

   ".....see you...." (Izumi)

   I want to hug him....

   I want to hug him so badly....

   But... as always I couldn't muster up....

   Takeshi-san turned around and began to leave....

   I also headed towards my apartment... but then...

   "Eh? Onee-chan!" (Izumi)

   My big sister... was looking at me...

   Since when was she standing there?

   "Hug him!" (Big Sis)

   "Eh?" (Izumi)

   "Didn't you want to?" (Big Sis)

   "H-How did you kno---" (Izumi)

   "Just go!" (Big Sis)

   I was confused but nodded. Then I didn't think much and made up my mind. I ran towards Takeshi-san, with full speed. 

   Hearing my footsteps, He was startled and looked around. But I didn't stop. I landed... straight onto his chest...

   "W-What happened?" (Takeshi)

   I didn't answer. I started rubbing my cheeks on his chest.

   Takeshi-san, who was startled at first, began stroking my head, to calm me down.

   "Hey.... did something hap---" (Takeshi)

   "I love you...." (Izumi)

   "Eh....................?" (Takeshi)

   "I too.... love you..." (Izumi)

   He couldn't reply.... just covered his mouth. I could feel his little tear drops on my face.

   

44