Chapter 20: Sekiguchi, Mizuha and the plot twist (Part 2)
1.2k 11 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Takeshi Kimura:

   So the situation, as Mizuha explained, was kind of this....

   Basically, the relationship between Reiji and Mizuha was at a standstill, whereas Sanae was gradually closing her distance with him. Reiji himself seemed to be liking Sanae more than Mizuha.

   And it was not like Mizuha didn't try her best to get Reiji's attention.

   "When we were in the ferris wheel, we were so close to kissing each other. But at the worst possible time, Miyano saw Sanae outside on the road. There I missed my chance. And since then, I couldn't progress at all. Sanae always had the advantage. She even learned to cook well nowadays for Miyano!" (Mizuha)

   "I see." (Takeshi)

   "But I don't see! Everything is fine but from where did this 'flirting with Takeshi-san' come here?" (Izumi)

   "It's to make Miyano jealous." (Mizuha)

   "......." (Izumi)

   Izumi-san, who was angry all the time, finally understood what she meant. She thought a little and then asked,

   "So you want Takeshi-san to act?" (Izumi)

   "Yeah! It's just an act. Nothing else. So you have no problems, right?" (Mizuha)

   Izumi-san didn't answer. She then looked at me with a worried face. Even though she was silent, I knew what was going on her mind.

   I knew what I had to say to Mizuha.

   "Well. I'm very sorry, Mizuha. But I can't help you." (Takeshi)

   "Eh? Why?" (Mizuha)

   Izumi-san's face brightened to a smile. It was as if she was relieved.

   "There are two reasons: first of all, Reiji knows me very well. He will instantly find out that I'm just acting. He's dumb but not THAT dumb." (Takeshi)

   "That is a possibility, yeah. And the other reason?" (Izumi)

   "The other reason, which is the most important: even if it's an act, Izumi-san won't like me to be close to any other girl. The last thing I want is to upset her." (Takeshi)

   Izumi-san suddenly patted my back to show how 'proud' she was to hear this.

   "God, you're such a simp!" (Mizuha)

   "Excuse me!" (Takeshi)

   "Shut up! Why do you want ONLY Takeshi-san to act with you anyway? Why not some other boy?" (Izumi)

   "Yeah it will be better to have someone who Reiji doesn't know." (Takeshi)

   Mizuha hesitated a little and then answered, 

   "It's because... I don't really know other guys... I hardly talk with anyone else after all." (Mizuha)

   That's true. Because of Mizuha's cold attitude towards others, she has very few friends. And none of them is a boy apart from Reiji himself. So clearly she can't really ask other guys.

   "Okay. You don't have to act with me. But can you find someone else to act? I request." (Mizuha)

   "Hmm... okay I'll try to find someone." (Takeshi)

   But who? I know many guys in my class. But all of them have their own girlfriends after all.... this will be tough.

                                   ♤

    After school, I and Izumi-san went home together on my bicycle. She normally walks home with Sanae, but today Sanae was together with Reiji, helping him understanding the subjects of our semester. As our midterm exams were just 2 weeks away, my dear friend just realized that he didn't study a single bit of anything taught in the class since start.

   Anyway, it's indeed clear that Sanae and Reiji have become really close. Mizuha needs to work very hard to catch up with her. That's why she's so desperate.

   When we reached Izumi-san's home, she asked,

   "Takeshi-san..." (Izumi)

   "Yeah?" (Takeshi)

   "I hope, I don't act as a burden to you." (Izumi)

   "Eh?" (Takeshi)

   I didn't understand what she meant by this.

   "Well... today when Mizuha asked to meet with you, I forcefully went along with you. It should be really annoying to you, right? To always be followed by me?" (Izumi)

   Again, I didn't understand why she was sad about this. I gently stroked her head to calm her down. 

   "I don't know why you are so worried about this. Whatever happens, I always love the honest Izumi-san. So don't be worried about anything. Izumi-san will never be a bother to me. In fact, everything you do, I find them cute." (Takeshi)

   I realized her face was totally red after hearing me. She somehow got herself together and looked at me.

   "Takeshi-san...." (Izumi)

   "Yeah?" (Takeshi)

   "I love you." (Izumi)

   "H-Hey, i-it's a direct attack!" (Takeshi)

   It's not the first time she told me this.... but damn, everytime she says this, I find it very difficult to control myself.

   She laughed innocently and then entered her apartment.

   "See you tomorrow!" (Izumi)

   "Yeah!" (Takeshi)

   Jeez, I already miss her. Can't I just stay with her all the time?

   At this moment, when I was heading back my home, I remembered something important.

   It was the coffee shop just outside Izumi-san's apartment. It was just actually on the other side of the road.

   I remembered that I actually wanted to take a part time job here. And it was close to Izumi-san's apartment too.

    I entered the shop. It was named 'coffee shop', but it was more or less a small canteen. There were also snacks, pastries, cakes etc. It was a little crowded too.

   The lady, the main worker of the shop asked me,

   "What do you want, sir? I'm sorry, today is a little crowded so you have to wait."

   "Ah no. I'm here to apply for a part time job actually." (Takeshi)

   "Eh? Part time job? That's Brilliant! Can you start right now?", she exclaimed in happiness.

   "Huh?" (Takeshi)

   "Today is very crowded and we are short of workers! Only one worker is having to do everything. Please help him.", she described the situation.

   "Oh understood." (Takeshi)

   "Hey Yuuta-kun. Look we got a helper!", she called the other worker. I looked at him. He was a guy, looking like of the same age as me.

   "That's great! Here take these orders on that table."

   And thus, my part time job life began. It seems like it will be fun.

                                ♤

   "Damn! I'm tired!" (Takeshi)

   After 1 hour of working, I finally got a chance to sit down. The number of customers had finally reduced. 

   "Great job, man!", the guy sat besides me and said, "Thanks to you, I got saved. By the way, I also work here as a part timer. My name is Sekiguchi Yuuta. From Nakamura Boys School." (Sekiguchi)

   "Oh really! My name is Takeshi Kimura. I'm from Nakamura Co-ed high school." (Takeshi)

   There was indeed a boys school of the same name just a little bit away. However, the quality of the school was far behind of our school. That's why the better students get admitted to the Co-ed school.

   "You're from THAT Co-ed school? Damn!" (Sekiguchi)

   "Yeah. Why?" (Takeshi)

   "Nah. You're so lucky!" (Sekiguchi)

   "Eh? Why so?" (Takeshi)

   "Don't act foolish. According to rules of your school, everyone of you must have a girlfriend, right?" (Sekiguchi)

   "Oh... that's true!" (Takeshi)

   "Man you're so lucky! And here am I... in the boys school! Forget having a girlfriend, I can't even talk to a girl!" (Sekiguchi)

    "You're being over dramatic." (Takeshi)

    Even though he was a little annoying, I instantly became friends with him.

   We both worked for one more hour, and then prepared to leave.

   The lady, Mayaka-san, thanked me for today.

   "You were the saviour today. Come tomorrow as well. Same time, after your school. 4 to 6 P.M. will be your shift." (Mayaka)

   We greeted her and left the shop.

   Outside, when I was checking my phone for some notifications, Sekiguchi suddenly noticed the wallpaper of my locked screen. 

    "Hey, Kimura. This girl on your wallpaper?" (Sekiguchi)

    "Oh this girl? She's my girlfriend. Her name is Izumi." (Takeshi)

    "No no. I'm talking about THAT girl." (Sekiguchi)

   The wallpaper was nothing but the group photo of Amusement park date consisting not only me and Izumi-san but also the other three companions.

   And Sekiguchi was referring to one of the other girls at the background. It was Mizuha...

   "Are you.... talking about this girl? Her name is---" (Takeshi)

   "Mizuha Keiki.... I know." (Sekiguchi)

   "Eh?" (Takeshi)

    Sekiguchi's expressions changed. He was looking sad... unusual. 

   Does he know Mizuha?

   But then how?

   Where is this plot going, Author-san?

Should Takeshi have helped Mizuha?
  • Yeah. It would just be an act after all. Votes: 7 5.2%
  • Nah. Izumi would still have been hurt. Votes: 127 94.8%
Total voters: 134
37