CHAPTER 11 – GLADIATRIX PRIMUM PUGNA
464 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 11 - GLADIATRIX PRIMUM PUGNA

“Raaaaaah!”

The Cyberdemon roared once again. It spread out its arms, revealing its scimitar-shaped claws that are full of dried blood. It jumped forward, flapped its wings to gain speed, and relentlessly charged toward me!

“Raynevere!” I raised my guard and cried out loud.

I closed my eyes. Running or fighting is not an option for me as a Cyberdemon will overwhelm me in terms of power and speed. My fate is up to the one person whose name I called upon.

“Yaaah!” It was a feminine shout. I heard a powerful impact and felt the weak shockwave. When I opened my eyes, I saw a beautiful woman kicking the Cyberdemon’s skull face clean.

The Cyberdemon was immediately ejected by the heel of the woman. The abomination rolled two times until it crashed into a burning house.

“Mister Elzane!” The familiar feminine voice forced me to look at her.

I saw Raynevere standing on her two feet, with her body all fully healed. Her pink clothes are in tatters, but other than that, she’s in peak condition. There is something different about her appearance though, as a side effect of being a Gladiatrix. Her ears are now metallic, long, and pointy like a knife.

As she opened her purple eyes, she looked at me with a grateful smile.

“Thank you for saving me,” I muttered.

“No. Thank you for saving me!” Raynevere chuckled.

I stood up and dusted off my pants. Then I looked at Raynevere who was quite impressed by her feat. She can’t believe that a simple flying kick could send a three-meter-tall Cyberdemon shooting towards the other house.

“Mister Elzane… So this is the power of the mystical nanomachines?” Raynevere tilted her head.

“Yes. If the Gladiator, no, Gladiatrix System is activated, it multiplies your strength and agility by five.” I answered.

“This is so cool, Mister Elzane! I never would have thought that being a Gladiatrix will come with great benefits!” Raynevere excitedly pushed her face forward, with her purple eyes twinkling brightly. Her steel elf ears raised upwards.

She doesn’t seem to be aware of the disadvantages of having the nanomachines yet, but let’s just leave her be. Besides, elf ears look good on her. It makes her a lot cuter.

“Raaaaaah!”

The Cyberdemon was not done for. When it roared, the shockwaves blasted the debris that had been pinning it down. From the look of its cracked skull face and glowing red eyes, it is now more furious than ever!

I quickly swiped the interface of the Gladiatrix System and switched to the Default Weapon Selection. I scanned through the list and only saw five starting weapons, at least to this old Kaiser Gauntlet.

“This thing is antique! Only five weapons available!” I cried.

“Um, Mister Elzane? That monster is about to charge! What should we do!?” Raynevere panicked.

“We fight! Raynevere, what’s your preferred weapon? Would you like a sword? A lance? How about a magic wand?” I asked.

“Gun! I have had gun training ever since I was eight!” Raynevere answered.

Sadly, it is the wrong answer. Out of all the five weapons I could choose, the bow is the only thing closest to a gun. So I pressed the bow icon, and a wooden short bow materialized in her hand.

“I’m sorry, that’s the only thing I can provide!” I cried.

“This will do!” Raynevere shouted as she aimed the bow towards the charging Cyberdemon. She swiped her fingers from the base of the bow, and a glowing arrow made of light materialized!

“Raaaaaah!” The Cyberdemon roared once again, and now it’s getting closer! The approximate distance of the enemy from Raynevere is just about twenty meters!

“Haaa!” Raynevere shouted as she released the arrow of light. With a swishing sound that breaks the sound barrier, the energy projectile hits the Cyberdemon’s mouth!

“Kak!”

I swiped the hologram interface back to the Command Cards Menu. Every time a Command Card is used, one card will be automatically drawn from the deck. The new card that I drew will be very favorable for Raynevere as she has requested such a thing before! I swiped the Command Card and raised it upwards!

“Equip Card Activate: Akimbo Shotgun!”

Raynevere’s wooden short bow disintegrated into specks of glowing dust, but two double-barreled guns materialized on each of her hands in return! She smiled upon seeing my gift, and energetically spun both of the guns to load them with magical bullets!

The Gladiatrix surged forward to close in on the enemy and pointed the barrels to the Cyberdemon’s face at a point-blank range.

“You’ll pay for everything you’ve done to my family!” Raynevere cried as she pulled the trigger!

13