CHAPTER 13 – CRIMSON LIGHTNING
361 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 13 - CRIMSON LIGHTNING

Fire snowflakes rained throughout the area. All three Cyberdemons were incinerated to crisps by the burning phoenix projectile Raynevere has created.

“Is it over? There are no more Cyberdemons, right?” I asked myself.

“Hoo…” Raynevere sighed as she held her throbbing chest. She may be exhausted from doing consecutive battles against those abominations, but at least the enemies are gone.

There’s only one more problem, and it’s the flames in the village! We have to put a stop to these raging fires that are engulfing the houses!

“Miss Raynevere, we have to put out the burning houses! Get ready!” I shouted.

“R-Right! I’m counting on you, Mister Elzane!” Raynevere said as she aimed her bow towards the nearest burning house.

It quite puzzles me that Raynevere seemed to know what to do, or more specifically, knows what I’m thinking. Something tells me that she knows how Kaisers and Gladiators operate.

Never mind about that, I have to save this village from being a giant ashtray! I drew out one card from the five and raised it in the skies!

“Activate Skill Card: Arrow Storm!”

At that instant, Raynevere adjusted her aim towards the skies and fired off a glowing arrow of light. In response to this, I snatched one card once again and revealed it!

“Activate Equip Card: Water Enhancement!”

Arrows with water energy started raining down in the sea of flames. Little by little, the gargantuan fires shrunk. Smoke started to flush out the area which made it a little harder to see.

“Mister Elzane! One more!” Raynevere shouted.

It’s quite a problem for me because I no longer have water-based Command Cards in my hand card of five. However, water is not the only thing that can extinguish the fire. I raised one more card to the skies to activate another Command Card!

“Activate Skill Card: Sand Tsunami!”

At this instance, Raynevere gracefully kicked the ground and the soil turned soft and grainy. The sand rose like a tidal wave and swiftly flushed out the flames it can reach!

When the smoke and dust faded, we saw that the village is already halfway saved from the flames. However, most of the houses have already been burnt to crisps.

“N-No.” Raynevere gasped. I can sense her tearful voice even though she covered her mouth with her delicate hands.

“What is it?” I asked as I immediately ran towards her.

When I finally got close, I realized why Raynevere is acting like that. Right at the nearest burnt house are two fully-charred corpses. It’s not just corpses but burnt remains of what seem to be children. Raynevere sat down and picked up a half-burnt doll and a toy truck with missing two wheels.

“Jim and Dia. I know it’s them. They always love visiting the library and hearing my fairy tale stories.” Raynevere cried.

“I-I’m sorry,” I said.

Raynevere shook her head, her long sharp ears pointing down. “This is the fault of those Cyberdemons. They took Grandpa away and ransacked this village. I will never forgive them!”

Raynevere’s metallic elf ears twitched. It took a few moments when I heard a loud engine. It appeared to be a black sports car, on a full sprint to reach us. The black sports car drifted then parked near us, and the door immediately opened.

“Rayne! Thank God you’re fine!” It was the CEO of Treenity Innovations and Raynevere’s father. He immediately hugged the emotionally damaged girl.

“P-Papa!” Raynevere cried once again.

Raynevere’s father gently pulled out from the hug and glanced at me, then back to Raynevere. “What happened here? Where are the others?”

“We were attacked by Cyberdemons! We’re the only ones left! I’m so scared, Papa!” Raynevere sobbed as she dipped her face into her father’s chest.

The president caressed Raynevere’s grayish-black hair and returned the hug. “Don’t worry, Rayne. You’re safe now.”

Raynevere’s father glanced at me and nodded.

“Thank you for protecting my daughter. Your parents went to the fire station and they will be here soon.” The president said.

“T-Thank you, sir.” I bowed.

After a few moments, the president released Raynevere from his grasp and stood up. He held his daughter’s hand to keep her calm down even though his own hands are shaking. He’s trying to keep his composure in these times of crisis.

“Still, I can’t believe that the Cyberdemons attacked us.” The president muttered to himself.

“THEN I’LL MAKE YOU BELIEVE!”

There was a bone-chilling shout that echoed from the skies. A crimson thunder blasted from above, and then…

…A red lightning pierced through the president’s chest.

“Papa!” Raynevere cried.

10