CHAPTER 19 – A SPECIAL GIFT
242 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 19 - A SPECIAL GIFT

[Gladiatrix System Tips: Equip Command Cards]

[Equip Command Cards are cards that materialize a weapon in the hands of the Gladiator/Gladiatrix. These weapons may be a sword, a gun, or even a rocket launcher. There are also Equip Cards that serve as armor, a bonus limb, or even a vehicle such as a motorcycle or a tank. These weapons last as long as the Kaiser wills it unless it was destroyed]

<>

After five days, I was discharged from the hospital with only a scar on my chest as a souvenir of having a second chance in life. There’s only a week before the summer vacation ends, so that’s only the free time I could get to attend my Kaiser/Gladiatrix business.

I met my Gladiatrix at the Saltside City Park near the hospital. Instead of going straight home, I decided to meet up with my betrothed.

“Are you sure you’re okay now?” Raynevere asked.

“I’m more than okay!” I flexed my skinny biceps.

“You know we could just do this tomorrow. It’s not like we’re in a hurry or something.” Raynevere said.

“Believe me, I’m perfectly fine! We’re just going to register to the KG Guild. It’s not like we’re gonna fight again anyway. I can’t wait to get both of our licenses!” I pumped my fists in excitement.

“Ahaha. If you say so, then so be it. But promise me you’ll rest after this, okay?” Raynevere asked like a big sister.

“Yes ma’am!” I happily saluted.

I started to march through the park. The KG Guild is just a few hundred meters from this place so it’s way better to walk than to rent a cab. Raynevere walked beside me with an adorable smile on her face.

Along the way, we encountered a couple flirting in the park. The boy is genuflecting, presenting a glamorous small box in the palm of his hands. He slowly opened it, and it was a diamond ring! The lucky girl shrieked in excitement and said a loud Yes!

Raynevere and I were both taken aback by such a scene. We are both aware that Saltside City Park is a notorious place of sweethearts and heartbreaks, but we both decided to meet up here anyways. Technically, it’s not wrong for a boy and girl to meet up in this place, especially if they are lovers.

However, we are not lovers. We are just promised by our parents to marry each other just for a stupid business deal. Sure, I secretly love Raynevere, but I’m all certain that this love I’m feeling is one-sided.

I looked at Raynevere who seemed to be blushing. My cheeks went red too, and I decided to look away. This is too awkward!

“Oh!” Raynevere muttered. She clapped her hands and then went in front of me. Smiling with cuteness, Raynevere pressed her face forward. “I almost forgot, Mister Zane! I have a gift to seal our contract!”

“W-What!?”

My chest rumbled as I saw her delicate hands reach for her bag. I immediately froze when she presented a small gift in front of my eyes!

“W-What is this?” I asked.

“Come on, open it!” Raynevere sweetly chuckled as she gently placed it on my hand.

My fingers vibrated in nervousness as I removed the ribbons from the gift box. Just what is this gift she’s talking about? Is it a wedding ring? Why is she proposing all of a sudden? Isn’t it right that the girl is the one proposing to me? Does she love me too?

My annoying internal monologue stopped when I realized that the box did not contain a ring, but a unique smartwatch that can wrap around the whole wrist. It’s not just a smartwatch though, as this thing is way better than a wedding ring!

“This… This is the newest model! A Kaiser Watch!” I exclaimed.

“Give me your hand, I’ll equip it for you!” Raynevere said as she grabbed my wrist.

The Kaiser Watch is the newest model of Kaiser Gauntlet which is way more fashionable and modern than the old-school ones. I heard that these things just got released this month and are expected to replace the old gauntlets next year, but I didn’t know that Raynevere already has one for me!

[Gladiatrix System Online]

As soon as the system beeped, hologram plates wrapped around my hand like a gauntlet. System HUDs popped right in front of my eyes.

“See? It fits perfectly like a glove! Do you like it?” Raynevere asked.

“I love it!” I cried out loud. “How much did it cost?”

“That’s a secret~” Raynevere kissed her index finger. “Consider that as a gift to cement our relationship as a Kaiser and Gladiatrix!”

“Thank you!” I hollered once again as I instinctively hugged Raynevere tight!

“Ehehehe. You’re welcome, Mister Elzane.” Raynevere blushed.

It took five whole seconds before I realized that I’m already clinging to her too much. I immediately released my grasp and jumped back!

“I-I’m sorry!” I cried.

“Huh?” Raynevere tilted her head. “Sorry for what?”

It seems that she didn’t care that I hugged her tightly for five seconds, and let’s keep it at that. An introverted person like me shouldn’t be hugging women without their consent, even though she’s my betrothed! How unelegant of me!

I need to change our topic so that we can avoid awkward atmospheres like these!

“S-So, let’s go to the guild and register!” I forced a joyful cheer.

“Yeah! Let’s!” Raynevere jollily raised her hand.

7