CHAPTER 20 – ENTRY GRADE DATE
213 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 20 - ENTRY GRADE DATE

[Gladiatrix System Tips: Counter Command Cards]

[Counter Command Cards are Command Cards that can only be activated in response to an action, whether it is to answer an attack, movement, or even another Command Card. Counter Cards usually negate the specific action or Command Card on its activation. Counter Cards possess the fastest activation speed out of all other types of Command Cards]

<>

The KG Guild, or Kaiser x Gladiator Guild, is the official organization of Kaisers and Gladiators or Gladiatrices. There are branches all over major cities such as Saltside, but the main branch is in Capitol City. For a local registration, all we need is to enter the KG Guild in our city.

“Please insert your hand on the Registration Machine.” The teller instructed us.

Raynevere and I looked at each other before we inserted our arms into the holes of the ATM-like machine. We felt some warm laser scanning each cell of our fingers and then a hologram popped up.

[Kaiser: Elzane Chaldeas]

[ID No: 3280]

[Gladiatrix: Raynevere Treenity]

[Mystical Nanomachine Version 1.2]

[Gladiatrix Model: Cyber Elf]

There is good news and bad news. The good news is that Raynevere is a Cyber Elf type of Gladiatrix, which means that she has enhanced cyber mystic properties that focus on agility and intelligence.

The bad news is that the Mystical Nanomachine Version that I installed on her body is outdated. That means that newer Command Cards may not be able to activate. It’s not like we had a choice to be picky about installing the mystical nanomachines anyway as I injected it in desperate times.

I may need to reinstall and reformat the nanomachines on her body to fully utilize her powers as a Gladiatrix.

“Mister Elzane, are you sad? What’s with that troubled look on your face?” Raynevere asked in a sobbing tone.

“It’s nothing big. I can fix this once we go home.” I said with a reassuring smile.

“Is that so? Tell me if it’s something I can help with.” Raynevere said.

The way she said it gives a hint that she knows something about the Gladiatrix System. The way she fought that night is also evidence that she is not a stranger in the world of cyber mystic combat.

“Come to think of it, you seem to be well-versed with how a Gladiatrix fights,” I mentioned.

“Oh, that? I used to watch my Grandpa when he participated in secret underground Gladiator Battles. I also tried Kaiser simulations last year, but my grandfather scolded me for being barbaric, and a true lady shouldn’t be participating in Gladiator battles in any way.” Raynevere forced a smile.

“And now I made you my Gladiatrix. I get the feeling that your Grandpa will fire a shotgun on my face if he learns about this.” I laughed.

“W-Well, you’re not that far off. Grandpa is still missing though, so you don’t need to worry about that!” Raynevere cheered.

Wait, will I lose my head if her Grandpa finds out about this!? That’s one more reason to wish that her Grandpa is already dead!

My face was already pale but I snapped back to reality when I heard the Gladiatrix System Terminal beep.

[Registration Complete]

[Current Kaiser Rank: Entry Grade]

Kaisers have four ranks: Entry Grade, High Grade, Master Grade, and Perfect Grade. Entry Grade was the lowest rank whereas Perfect Grade was the highest rank. These four divisions determine which Battle Fiesta a Kaiser and Gladiatrix should be participating in.

“Um, Mister Elzane… Are we done now?” Raynevere politely asked but I can feel that she is getting impatient.

“We’re done here,” I replied.

“Great! I want to visit the sweets shop we saw earlier near the park. Come on, let’s have a bite! My treat!” Raynevere excitedly proposed.

Just before I could answer, a voice interrupted me.

“Well well well, what do we have here? Two lovebirds wanting to celebrate their partnership as Kaiser and Gladiatrix! How naive!” A feminine voice said.

When we looked back, we saw a teenage white girl with blonde short hair and blue eyes. She’s wearing a white shirt and blue pleated skirt, and her legs are covered with white long thigh-high boots. This woman is equipped with a Kaiser Gauntlet.

Beside her is a tall red-headed hunk with a pale white face and red eyes. He’s wearing some kind of leather jacket, tattered dark jeans, and military shoes. There’s a gigantic sword on this guy’s back.

“Um, pardon. Who are you?” Raynevere’s eyes flared.

“My name is Esthesia Arakonova. This idiot guy over here is my Gladiator slave, Firius Emberheart.” The blonde girl said with sassiness.

“I’m not your slave!” The redhead muttered.

The blonde girl ignored what her partner just said. She just smiled at me with a hint of threat.

“Like you, I’m just an Entry Grade Kaiser. We registered five days ago, and we challenged every new Kaisers and Gladiator we come across. We fought fifteen straight battles, and never lost once.” Esthesia said, brimming with arrogance.

“Get lost then. Can’t you see we’re about to go on a date?” Raynevere said fiercely. 

Isn’t she a little bit aggressive today?

4