CHAPTER 21 – OLD ENEMIES AND OPERATING SYSTEMS
225 4 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 21 - OLD ENEMIES AND OPERATING SYSTEMS

[Gladiatrix System Tips: Field Command Cards]

[Field Command Cards are Command Cards that projects an alternate reality in the surroundings. This alternate reality produces real-world effects that affect a hundred-meter radius. Field Cards alter space and time to produce a specific field, may it be a forest, a desert, or a snowy mountain. Field Command Cards remain until the battle is over or when another Field Command Card is activated.]

<>

“W-What did you just say?” The blonde girl irked. She’s still projecting a smile on her face, but veins are popping on her forehead.

“One word is enough for a smart woman. If it takes more than that, then you’re not smart.” Raynevere sassily remarked. She grabbed my wrist and started to pull me away from the cold war.

“Oooooh!” The background characters cheered as if they just heard a savage roast from a rap battle. Seriously, they are just putting gasoline in a speck of fire here!

“Ahaha.” I just laughed it off while scratching the back of my head. I don’t know what’s with Raynevere today. Maybe she’s just in a bad mood, or maybe she’s on her period. This is the first time Raynevere made such a hostile remark.

I was about to turn away but then a cold hand tapped my shoulder. It was the pissed-off Esthesia, and she was all red because of the humiliation she just felt.

“How dare you walk away, you coward! I know you, Raynevere Treenity! The daughter of a bitch who ate my family business!” Esthesia roared.

Wait, she knew Raynevere! But why is she grabbing my shoulders and not Raynevere’s? Ow! Owowow! Her grip is getting tighter!

“It’s not my fault that your company was bought by my Grandpa. All the blame should be put on your father for copying our inventions.” Raynevere squinted like a real villainess.

Oh, so these two have history back then. I should take note to avoid this blonde girl next time.

“Well, that’s all in the past now. I heard that your clan is wiped out, and you’re struggling to convince the corporation’s board of directors to transfer the presidency to you. Karma is a bitch, ain’t it?” Esthesia made a smug face.

I can see sparks clashing between the stares of the two beautiful ladies. I think the cold war will now burst into a world war between these two!

Raynevere finally let go of my wrist and went in front. “Fine then. We will accept your challenge. This will just take a minute anyway.”

Esthesia held her hips and chinned up. “I’m not a Rookie Destroyer for nothing! Let’s get it on!”

“Oooooh!” The background characters who heard the whole exchange of words cheered. Seriously, they just wanted to see a Gladiator Battle!

<>

At the back of the KG Guild, there is a battleground that is similar to the Coliseum. The size is only similar to a basketball court, but it’s already too spacious for two Gladiators to go all out and fight.

The arena is filled with bystanders, Kaisers, and Gladiators alike. It seems that Esthesia and her Gladiator Firius have made a name in the last five days of their rookie-crushing business as they are already getting twice the bet we’re getting. Yes, betting is not foreign in Gladiator Battles.

“Let’s do the standard rules. Each Kaiser can only use three Command Cards for this battle. Once a Gladiator directly attacks a Kaiser, the battle is over.” Esthesia explained.

“We’re not noobs, Esthesia. My Kaiser is an expert and he is a Battle Fiesta addict. I’ll beat you personally.” Raynevere said proudly.

I’m quite happy she’s using a gamer’s language and she’s proud of me for being a nerd in Gladiatrix Systems, but I feel I should be ashamed of myself. It’s a mixed feeling, so I can’t describe it perfectly.

Suddenly, the crimson-haired Gladiator spread his hand and materialized a buster sword. He made a centered stance with a smile on his face, and it’s clear in his flaming eyes that he was barely able to contain his excitement!

“Oh, so you’re not new to Gladiator Battles. That’s good to hear. I hope you’ll give me a good fight!” Firius said.

“Ready?” Esthesia shouted out loud for me.

“Ready!” I shouted in response as I revealed my Kaiser Watch!

Hologram HUD started to materialize in front of my eyes and I pressed the weapon icon. In an instant, a shiny white bow materialized on her left hand! Unlike the wooden bow she used back that night, this white bow is an upgrade as it has red blades attached to its sides!

“W-What the heck is that weapon?” Firius couldn’t contain his curiosity.

Esthesia is surprised, but she kept a calm demeanor. She is also itching for a good fight, much like her Gladiator. And much like me.

“Battle!” Both of us Kaisers shouted. Five cards immediately popped out from our HUDs.

I intended to finish this battle quickly before the enemy could react. So, I quickly swiped one of the Command Cards and revealed it up!

“Activate Equip Card: Striker Wing!” I shouted out loud.

However…

[Error 404: Command Card Not Found]

[Please Update your Operating System to a newer version]

5