CHAPTER 22 – MANUAL REFORMAT
201 4 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 22 - MANUAL REFORMAT

This is bad!

Back in the hospital, I edited the deck that was stored in the memory of the old Kaiser Gauntlet. I primarily blamed the Command Cards deck for our loss in that battle against the masked Kaiser because it doesn’t follow the meta (also known as Most Effective Tactics Available).

All cards on that deck were outdated so I adjusted it to a newer one. I never would have thought that adding new cards will not be registered on Raynevere’s current nanomachines! If the nanomachines can’t read the Command Cards, then it will be a big problem in the current Gladiator Battle we are facing right now!

“Yaaah!”

The enemy Gladiator with red hair swung his broadsword left and right. Raynevere bent backward like a gymnast to evade the two sword swings of the enemy! My Gladiatrix continued to evade the relentless slash attacks by sliding and backflipping!

Suddenly, Esthesia revealed one Command Card and activated it! “Activate Skill Card! Double Agility!”

A green aura surrounded Firius, buffing his attack and movement speed twice. With each successive sword swing, he draws near to hitting my precious Gladiatrix! He even managed to cut a strand of Raynevere’s dark grayish hair!

Slightly annoyed, Raynevere counterattacked with a swift kick towards Firius's neck!

“Gah!” Firius slightly staggered, but decided to take revenge by smashing his broadsword towards Raynevere!

A metallic clang echoed!

Raynevere blocked the blade of the sword with her white bow! The moment the sword dug deeper into the blade of her bow, Raynevere twisted her weapon to shoot rubber arrows at the enemy’s head! Two swift whistles echoed!

“Gah! Damn it!” Firius cried as his forehead caught two rubber shrapnels on his forehead.

“Come on! Be serious about it, Firius!” Esthesia cried to her Gladiator! She drew out one more Command Card and revealed it up in the air! “Activate Skill Card! Double Strength!”

Red aura gushed around Firius’ well-built body as he felt double power rushing into his veins. His sword immediately cut one of Raynevere’s bow blades, and then he continued it with a smash on the ground! Debris of the arena blasted all around!

“Kuh!” Raynevere cried as she suffered injuries from flying debris. She managed to jump back from the crash site, but she already sustained significant damage! She’s already holding her right arm that was badly hit by the blade!

“Raynevere!” I cried.

“I-I’m okay, Mister Elzane! Let’s continue the battle!” Raynevere shouted back.

This is the worst. I can’t use Command Cards, while the opponent already used two to buff her Gladiator’s strength and speed. The parameters of the enemy now vastly outmatched Raynevere’s stats. She will get more hurt if this battle goes on.

“Raynevere, let’s concede-”

“No!” Raynevere cut me off with a cry.

“But I can’t use Command Cards! This battle is already one-sided. This is just a friendly game anyway, so let’s surre-”

“I will never surrender! I told you already that I will never put my guard down again! I will fight to the very end!” Raynevere’s fierce voice echoed in the arena.

She briefly looked at me with a fiery gaze. These are the same beautiful purple eyes I saw during the night of the massacre. She’s determined to win as if her life depends on it.

This may be a friendly game, but her pride is on the line. Raynevere would most likely not accept a second consecutive loss as our Gladiator Battle. And neither do I.

I will have to fight as hard as she is!

I swiped my right hand sideways and pressed various hologram buttons from my Gladiatrix System, typed in the search settings, and pressed enter!

[Would you like to Manually Reformat and Update the Gladiatrix System O.S. Version 1.2?]

I smashed the Yes hologram button and then my HUD displayed a whole blank screen.

Without wasting any time, I typed the codes based on my memory of the Gladiatrix Systems I saw when I was a kid!

[Welcome to KaiserDOS]

[Gladiatrix System 1.2 alpha 3 KaiserDOS Directory 5s BOOTSEC BIN]

[Foreigner version 0.0192 pl XMS_Swap Doc 2003 1947 00:12:2339]

[C:/dir Volume: 53 TerraC95 Turbo C XS Serial number AEK6B-YHWH-6123]

Meanwhile, the enemy Kaiser Esthesia looked at me with disbelief as her jaws are hanging. Her delicate eyes shook in disbelief.

“Are you manually reformatting your Gladiatrix System to the newest version from scratch? In a middle of a Gladiator Battle!?”

5