CHAPTER 25 – FRENCH VANILLA FOUNTAIN
200 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 25 - FRENCH VANILLA FOUNTAIN

“D-Date!?” I muttered to myself.

I couldn’t contain the excitement on my face. My cheeks are all red, and my irises are spread out wide. This is like a dream come true for me as I have never thought I would be going out with the woman I love in a casual sweets shop and spending time together.

Raynevere’s cheeks are red too, and it adds cuteness to her already adorable smile. I can see my reflection in her purple eyes. Her eyes are too fixated on me so I immediately turned away and sipped my french vanilla vigorously!

“H-Hot!” I cried out loud when I tasted fire in my mouth. I stuck out my tongue so that the air will help cool it off.

“Are you okay, Mister Elzane? Don’t sip that coffee too fast!” Raynevere shifted to her worried tone. She immediately reached out a napkin for me to use.

“I-It’s fine, it’s fine,” I said as I grabbed a few napkins to wipe my french vanilla-stained shirt. It took three tries before I decided that the stain won’t be removed unless it was washed.

“Geez, it’s your fault for blurting out the obvious. I already told you before that we will celebrate your release from the hospital.” Raynevere leaned back and pouted.

“Yeah, I remembered that you said that yesterday. I also remember protesting about it.” I scratched my head.

“Don’t you want to go out with me?” Raynevere’s purple eyes became tearful as if she were a puppy about to be abandoned.

“N-No, it’s not that. Please don’t cry!” I cried.

“Great!” Raynevere clapped. “Now we can talk about our business!”

My heads-over-heels attitude towards Raynevere immediately shifted to a serious one. I forgot that the deal we made is not a romantic partnership, but a Kaiser-Gladiator alliance to unmask the masked Kaiser. We’re just betrothed on paper.

“We didn’t call off our marriage, did we?” Raynevere asked with naivety to my feelings.

“Y-Yeah. Why?” I asked with a downed tone.

“Well, I have no plans on canceling it!” Raynevere said happily.

“Y-Yeah? Why?” I asked in a more curious tone. I had to brace myself for her reasoning, so I drank another sip of my french vanilla.

“I will need you to remake the Treenity Clan!” Raynevere chuckled.

“Pffft!” I spit out the french vanilla once again. “W-What did you say? What do you mean by that!?”

“It’s exactly what you think!” Raynevere answered.

There was about a three-second pause before her face went full red alert. I think steam is also coming out from her metallic elf ears. Those adorable ears started to shake excitedly as she covered her mouth and averted her gaze from me.

“W-Well, don’t do it too much. And please be gentle, okay?” Raynevere shyly said.

“Whaaaaat!?” I think french vanilla splurted out of my nose.

“Why? You don’t want me? Am I not pretty enough? Am I too fat for you? I’ll take a stricter diet routine then.” Raynevere is on the verge of crying once again with her hypnotizing eyes.

“Hey! Hey! Nobody told you that you’re ugly or fat! You don’t need to torture yourself with stricter diet plans either!” I cried.

“Phew. I’m relieved.” Raynevere sighed as she held her bountiful chest. “That’s my long-term plan for both of us. It all depends on you if you have other plans or…”

“I will still marry you!” I cried out loud.

It was loud enough for Raynevere to stop talking. It was too loud that the shopkeeper of the sweets shop, the maids, and other customers are surprised.

Raynevere was stunned for a moment. Her face is still as red as ever, and I don’t think it will be redder at this point. She kissed her index finger and shushed me. “Please don’t shout it out loud, Mister Elzane! It’s embarrassing!”

“Oh, sorry!” I immediately covered my mouth.

It was too late though, as the girl maids and the gay shopkeeper are already blushing and giggling.

It’s good that Raynevere already had an idea to release the tension around this shop. She raised her voice while clearing her throat.

“Ahem! Anyway, I’m so glad about your answer. I don’t know what to do if ever you pulled out of the arranged marriage. Even though you’re all aware that your life will be in danger if you stick close to me, you still accepted me. Thank you for granting my childish and selfish request.”

Raynevere bowed for a moment. Her elegance and well-mannered talking are to be commended. I feel that I am not worthy to be bowed upon by a girl of her caliber, so I slightly felt guilty.

She’s boldly declaring her intentions to me as a Gladiatrix and a future wife. I had a feeling that I should be doing the same too.

“Miss Raynevere,” I muttered.

“Y-Yes?” Raynevere looked at me with a welcoming smile. It’s like she’s going to accept anything I say from now on.

So, it is safe to confess right now… right?

4