CHAPTER 26 – FLY HIGH HEADPATS
192 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 26 - FLY HIGH HEADPATS

I couldn’t do it. Not in this place.

It feels awkward to confess right now. There are eyes watching and ears listening to our conversation here. The sweets cafe hybrid shop is not a good place to be speaking about embarrassing matters.

I can even notice the maids and the gay shopkeeper focusing their radar ears on us. This place is no good!

“N-No. Forget it.” I bowed.

“What is it, Mister Elzane?” Raynevere tilted her head.

I briefly looked outside and saw that the sky is already dark. I wanted to think of a topic to evade this awkward silence and Raynevere’s curiosity, but it seems that luck is on my side!

I looked at my Kaiser Watch and pretended to laugh. “O-Oh! It’s already late seven in the evening! Maybe we should get going hahaha!”

“Hmm? Is seven in the evening already late?” Raynevere seemed to be persistent in her naive manner.

“M-My parents would be looking for me at this rate! They want me to always go home before nighttime! Maybe your parents are already waiting for you too.”

“My parents are dead, Mister Elzane,” Raynevere said.

“O-Oh, I forgot. I’m sorry.” I bowed.

I’m such a loser! Why did I even bring up the topic of her parents!? I didn’t even think that my made-up excuse would hurt her!

Wait, she didn’t seem to be mad at me at all. Her face is just the same, but no longer smiling. I did hurt her, but it’s just enough to remove the smile on her face. Her facial expression right now is mostly neutral.

“Okay then. If you’re in a hurry, let’s get going.” Raynevere said as she brought out her wallet. Her delicate fingers drew out a couple of bills.

“Ah! Wait! I should be paying for this!” I hurriedly reached for my pocket, but I couldn’t draw out my wallet.

Raynevere waved her hand and shook her head. “No, this is on me since I forced you into a date. I’ll pay the bill.”

I think she’ll get angry if I insisted on paying the bill so I surrendered. Man, Raynevere is something else.

<>

After paying the bill, we exited the sweets cafe shop and walked for a few seconds until we reached the edge of Saltside City Park. At this very place, different-colored tulips are dancing with the breeze of the air. There are not many people in sight. This place is as solemn as it could ever be.

Raynevere slowly walked in front with her hands behind her. She jollily skipped, turned to me, and then pressed her face forward.

“I had a great day, Mister Elzane! We had our second Gladiator Battle and won even at an overwhelming disadvantage! And you agreed to have a date with me!” Raynevere chuckled.

“Y-Yeah, me too. I’m sorry if I forgot to reformat the Gladiatrix System before the battle. And I’m also sorry that I’m a bit awkward back there. It’s my first date after all, hahaha.” I laughed at a fake one.

“You don’t need to apologize! That’s what makes Mister Elzane unique!” Raynevere smiled with a blush.

“Is that a good thing?” I asked while having reddish cheeks. Man, her smile is contagious that I couldn’t contain myself from flattery.

“Yes! Good work there, my dear future husband-slash-genius Kaiser!” Raynevere tiptoed to reach the top of my head and patted it.

“T-Thank you.”

I rarely get praise from people. Not even my parents commend me. I would be lucky if somebody said “good job!” to me in a decade. So Raynevere applauding and patting my head feels like I’m in heaven, and this scene will permanently make a mark on my brain.

“Hey, Mister Elzane. I have a good idea.” Raynevere smiled.

“W-What is it?” I said. Somehow, I’m feeling nervous about her next words.

“Instead of taking a cab, why wouldn’t we test my Gladiatrix powers to go home? Like, use a Command Card to summon an awesome bike! With big exhaust engines that could wake the whole city up!” Raynevere’s purple eyes sparkled as she pumped her fists.

“Huh? Okay. Let’s see.” I said as I touched the Kaiser Watch to activate the Gladiatrix System.

[Combat Mode Activated]

Five Command Cards spawned right in front of my face. For these starting cards, I couldn’t see any means of transportation. So I had to draw another five cards.

“Reshuffle,” I said in the system.

This time, one of the five cards is a viable means of transportation. However, I’m worried if it’s a safe mode of transferring people from one place to another. I saw Raynevere hopping jollily like a puppy when she saw the specific Command Card, so I think I should use it.

“Activate Equip Card: Striker Wing!”

All of a sudden, cybernetic wings sprouted from Raynevere’s back. These wings seem like those backpacks attached to robots in a Saturday mecha anime show. It looks good and awesome when equipped with Raynevere. It makes her look like a cyberpunk fairy.

“Let’s go!” Raynevere’s elf ears twitched in excitement. She immediately locked fingers with me and boosted towards the skies a jet speed!

“W-Wooooooooah!”

3