CHAPTER 27 – MILKY LOVE PHOBIA
189 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 27 - MILKY LOVE PHOBIA

I have acrophobia.

That’s right. I’m scared of heights. I easily get scared if I ever get above the third floor of the building. Well, it’s all fine if I’m not seeing the windows just like back in the hospital. All I need to do to contain my fear is to never look down.

Of course, it follows that I am indubitably afraid of flying. I’ve never tried boarding a plane or a helicopter nor do I have the intention to. I prefer transportation by land or sea, but sometimes I get seasick too. At least it’s all better than transporting via air.

The wind aggressively blew on my face. The cold air of the stratosphere was absorbed by my skin, giving me more intense shivers than I ever felt in my life. My heart is beating so fast, and my brain is in adrenaline mode. I’m so nervous!

“R-Raynevere!” I cried out loud.

“Ahahaha! Mister Elzane, this is fun, isn’t it?” Raynevere smiled brightly as she enjoyed hovering up in the skies. 

My eyes are fixed on my hand which is interlocking with Raynevere’s fingers. Sure, it’s a romantic touching gesture that is deserving of a couple. I’ve wanted to hold hands with her ever since I first saw her, but not in this condition! 

To make it short, the only thing that’s keeping me from falling to the ground is her hand! We have no safety equipment here!

“Just keep on holding my hand tight, Mister Elzane! Don’t worry! If you ever fall, I’ll make sure to catch you!” Raynevere said. It’s getting hard to hear because the sound of the wind is shouting to our ears.

I looked below and realized that we were already above the clouds. The lights of the whole of Saltside City are visible to the naked eye, and it looks beautiful. It’s like a sea of stars from below. I can also see the Milky Way galaxy from above. 

This is the place where light pollution is balanced out, which may explain why we look like flying in the sea of glitters. And it was pretty.

“Look, Mister Elzane! The moon!” Raynevere pointed straight forward.

I shifted my gaze to the direction my Gladiatrix is pointing, and I saw a perfect milky white circle behind the thin blanket of clouds. The moon appears to be way bigger now that we’re flying so high in the atmosphere. I can even see the dot-looking craters of the moon.

I looked back at Raynevere who seemed to be enjoying a lot of this flying trip. Her purple eyes sparkled like those stars above and colorful lights below us. I felt her grip on her hand become tighter. Then she looked at me with a kind smile.

“Mister Elzane…” Raynevere pressed her face closer. Her other hand was also interlocked with my fingers.

“M-Miss Raynevere,” I muttered. 

This is truly a romantic sight. At first, I thought she was going to kiss me. But then…

“We’re gonna dive!” Raynevere chuckled. And then our bodies flipped downwards, our heads pointing to the ground. Her Striker Wings folded, making our descent way faster!

“W-What!? Wait! Waaah!” I cried out loud! I think I’m going to pee on my pants! I have to close my eyes or else I’ll have a panic attack!

“Woohoo! This is way better than those rides in the amusement park!” Raynevere laughed as she fully relished the experience of falling to our deaths!

“Help me! Holy shiiii-” 

I cried out of my lungs but I was immediately silenced when I felt a soft cushion on my face. I briefly opened my eyes to take a peek, and then I realized that her breast is pushing on my face!

Even though Raynevere is one of those girls who would be considered cute than pretty, there’s no denying that her body is also at a top-notch tier. 

She’s not a beauty queen for nothing! Her ripe round breast which is pressing on my face is something as soft as a marshmallow, and the warmth of her embrace makes it the softest cushion I have ever felt. Wait, why am I analyzing her breast!?

Anyway, the tenderness of her chest made me feel like I am safe even though we are (intentionally) falling to our deaths. My acrophobia was slowly extinguished. I almost forgot that I have a phobia at all.

But the beating of my chest is still as fast as ever. I’m now sure that it’s not because of the fear of heights, but the love I can feel while being hugged by my crush.

I heard the jet stream coming from the Striker Wing, which indicates that she’s already compensating for the force of the aerial dive. I also felt that we were slowing down until we reached the ground.

“M-Mister Elzane. We’re here.” Raynevere said.

“Ah! I’m sorry!” 

I immediately released Raynevere from my grasp. I just realized that I’m still hugging my crush even though we already landed on the ground five seconds ago! I wish she won’t call me creepy!

Raynevere only replied with a flustered smile. So I’m fine, I guess?

I looked at my back and saw my house still uninhabited. All the lights from the ground floor and the second floor are switched off. I guess my false alibi of my parents being strict with the curfew is busted. Now she’ll call me a liar!

“I’ll be going home now, Mister Elzane.” Raynevere waved her hand happily. “Good night! Take care!”

“Yeah! You too! I love you!”

Raynevere briefly nodded and then unfolded her Striker Wings. Photons gathered from her cybernetic wings and then she blasted off breaking the sound barrier! 

When she was already far from my view and looked like a twinkling star from above, I turned to my house. I reached for my key from my pocket, but then…

I realized…

“What did I just say to her!?” I slapped both of my cheeks due to embarrassment.

3