CHAPTER 28 – BOARD MEETING LOVE
187 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 28 - BOARD MEETING LOVE 

[Gladiatrix System Trivia - Origins]

[Gladiatrix System was discovered at the end of the Second World War by Nazi scientists in top-secret ruins on an island located in the Southeast Asian region, near the Pacific. Even up to this day, nobody knows the exact coordinates of this island. The Southeast Asian Government prevents access to information about this island, and research in these mysterious ruins is severely regulated.

There are rumors surrounding the mystical nanomachines and the Gladiatrix System. Some people in an online forum said that the system was made by the kings of the early world to conquer territories with their super soldiers. Others believe that the nanomachines came from the extraterrestrial army to control a fleet that came from space millions of years ago.

Either way, the premise of the Gladiatrix System remains the same: it is programmed to be used by a commander (Kaiser) and not by a soldier (Gladiator or Gladiatrix). The [System Error] prompt will appear if the Gladiator or Gladiatrix tries to activate the system by himself/herself]

<>

Three days.

Raynevere has never been in touch with me for the next three days after my awkward and accidental confession. A huge part of me blames my idiot self for not controlling my words and failing to suppress my feelings then.

My confession might be my real feelings for her, but I shouldn’t have carried it away!

“Idiot idiot idiot! I’m such an idiot!” I cried while I roll on my bed and covered myself with the blanket until I became a human burrito. 

This is the third day where I did not receive not even a text from Raynevere. During these last three days, I’ve been sending good morning texts on her phone, but she hasn’t even read them. I did realize that my confession was out of nowhere, but what’s done is done. So I decided to man up and follow up!

I didn’t know that she’ll leave me hanging for it! Maybe she hates me already that she no longer bothers to look at her phone whenever it shows my name on it the notifications!?

I slammed my head on the soft cushiony pillow, making a loud noise. I’m supposed to be sleeping in the wee hours of the night, but here am I, panicking because my betrothed won’t reply to my texts!

Bam! Bam! Bam! The knocks on my door are as heavy as my headbanging. When I stopped my madness, my mother already opened the door.

“What the heck are you doing!?” My mother stared at me with disgust.

“Nothing. Just trying to kill myself using this pillow.” I answered without thinking too much.

“If you want to kill yourself, marry Miss Treenity first so that we can get a part of their family’s wealth. You can commit suicide then, maybe hang yourself or commit sudoku.” My mother suggested.

“Seppuku.” I corrected my mother.

“Whatever, nerd.” My mother said. I noticed that she is holding an orange envelope. She handed it to me and then went back to the doorway. “Here’s your invitation to the board members' meeting.”

I turned the envelope and saw the big logo of Treenity Innovations. I briefly opened the envelope and saw an invitation letter specifically named for me. Not my mother, not my father, but for me, Elzane Chaldeas.

“Be sure to attend that meeting tomorrow. Miss Raynevere will be sad if you didn’t come.” My mother said.

“R-Raynevere?” I asked with a hint of a smile on my face.

“She dropped by earlier to deliver that letter. She said she’s quite busy for the past three days so she wanted to see you again tomorrow. Be sure to attend early, or else you’ll make her cry.”

“See me again tomorrow?” My heart felt like flying.

So she’s not mad at me at all? Those past three days of not replying to my texts are justified because she’s busy! That makes sense! I knew it! I have a chance in winning my ultimate crush’s heart! I will make her feel that there’s no need to force our marriage if we love each other!

I was stunned for ten minutes until I realized that my mother has already left me alone and she had already shut the door. The lights are also already off. I looked at the windows and realized that even our neighbors decided that it was sleeping time already.

I have to sleep early so that I can attend the board meeting early!

“Let’s go sleep! Raynevere is waiting for me tomorrow!” I cheered myself up.

<>

I didn’t get any sleep last night.

I was too excited to see my betrothed. My whole night was spent on excessively useless things like the setting of our wedding, the place where we could build our dream house, and the names of the children we were going to have. God forbid me, but I also daydreamt of hugging her and doing some nasty things but let’s not talk about that now.

I was just right in time. Thirty minutes before the scheduled board members meeting, I find myself on the elevator carrying me to the sixtieth floor. I’m wearing a black tuxedo with a white polo and a pink necktie.

I had to drink coffee just to make me feel alive. I had no choice even though coffee has side effects on my body. I will feel like shit if I never had caffeine on my brain right now.

The moment I sipped the last drop of my coffee, that’s the time the elevator doors open. I was greeted by the boring yet formal conference room filled with businessmen who run Saltside City. Most of the people here are boomers who are busy reading newspapers and some company reports.

“Mister Elzane!” A familiar voice raised my energy level!

When I turned around, I saw Raynevere in her blazers and short skirt. She greeted me with a surprisingly gentle hug that wrapped my neck with her arms. Her face is just an inch away from kissing my lips!

“R-Raynevere!?” I cried.

“I’m glad that you came for me!” Raynevere smiled.

My eyes focused on her flawless pinkish kissable lips. I noticed it getting closer and closer until…

Some fucker intervened.

3