CHAPTER 29 – VOTE AGAINST THE PURPLE CAT
154 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 29 - VOTE AGAINST THE PURPLE CAT

Don’t you hate it when somebody just interrupts your precious time with your fiance? I hate it. I’m sure my betrothed very much hates it too.

Just before we are about to have a lover’s reunion kiss (maybe?), an unfamiliar sharp feminine voice interrupted us.

“Look what we have here! A shameless, despicable, and thieving monster ready to do anything just to get her beloved company.”

Raynevere jumped away from me with a cute “Eeek!” shriek. Both our faces are flustered as we looked at our side and saw a petite woman with twin-tailed purple hair and crimson eyes.

At first look, this woman looks adorable. She’s wearing a short black dress and dark thighs. Her gloved hand is holding her waist, gesturing that she’s a sassy rich girl who wanted us to get out of her way. I would feel the most threatened only if she does not have mechanical cat ears on top of her head.

“M-Miss Himeno!?” Raynevere gasped.

“Stop flirting in public, you shameless monster. The board meeting will now start.” The purple-haired woman said as she flicked her hair and made her exit.

Raynevere bit her lip. I know she wanted to retaliate, but she’s trying her best not to make any scene. This is the Treenity Innovations board meeting, so she must keep her manner and elegance in the best way possible.

Soon, my fiance gave me an innocent smile. I know it’s forced, but her acting skills are too great to notice the fakeness of her facial gesture. She’s fast in changing gears, ain’t it?

“Let’s have a seat, Mister Elzane.” She said.

“R-Right,” I answered.

Raynevere lead the way until we reached the front row of the conference room and occupied our designated seats. All other corporate people found their seats until it was time for the main topic of the board meeting. As soon as the projector flashed the logo of Treenity Innovations, the company secretary started the agenda.

“Let’s cut to the chase and make this boar members meeting quick. Our main objective here is to elect the next CEO of Treenity Innovations. During the previous conferences conducted on the past three days, the majority and the minority stockholders have conflicting candidates for the highest position.”

Three days? Did the secretary just say three days? So that’s why Raynevere was so busy? She’s doing her best to win the hearts of the stockholders, attending conferences and meetings for the past three days! I’m so pathetic and childish for thinking that she dumped me after that accidental confession of mine!

While I’m silently panicking and sweating in my seat, the secretary of the company continued to discuss. “For the majority stockholders, the committee chose Raynevere Treenity for the position of the CEO.”

Raynevere stood up to be recognized. She took the podium to take her speech.

“Ladies and gentlemen, good morning to all of you. As you all know, Treenity Innovations was created by my Grandpa, Gawainus Treenity. This company has also been passed down to my father Vircus Treenity, our late president. It is my honor, my virtue, and my purpose to lead the company to the right path as it always has been. I promise that I will be the leader my grandfather forged me to be. Thank you!”

Half of the businessmen clapped after Raynevere’s speech. But half of them are not impressed. Raynevere stayed on the stage as the company secretary and then occupied the podium.

“For the minority shareholders, the opposing committee chose Himeno Yuusha for the position of CEO.”

Himeno? Did I just hear that name earlier?

My suspicions were immediately confirmed when I saw that purple-haired petite girl take a stand on the podium. Her ascension to the stage is a little less elegant than Raynevere's, but her confidence is oozing all over the place. She’s also having this egoistic smirk on her face.

“My loyal subjects! I, Himeno Yuusha, am destined to inherit the falling Treenity Innovations! There is no doubt that the Treenity family has let us down for the past two years. My family has been saving this company alone. I have been protecting your investments in this half-dead corporation! That is why it is only logical that you, my subjects, elect me as the new CEO! Thank you!”

Himeno’s cat ears twitched as if she was happy. But her crimson eyes look at us like we’re all trash.

I… I was frozen cold. I’ve never seen any person who is as arrogant as her. I am so surprised that she was even elected to fight Raynevere for the position of CEO! If only Raynevere was not caught in some hearsay scandals about her wiped-out clan, this arrogant purple cat won’t be able to talk like that!

“O-Okaaaay. Ahem!” The secretary cleared his voice. “Let’s now go to the elections!”

All of a sudden, all seats spawned hologram screens that indicate Raynevere’s and Himeno’s profiles.

[Treenity Innovations CEO Elections]

[Press here to vote for Raynevere Treenity]

[Press here to vote for Himeno Yuusha]

It’s out of the question. I will vote for Raynevere one way or another. Not because she’s my fiance, not because she’s my schoolmate, not because she’s my crush, and also not because she’s my Gladiatrix.

It’s because she fully deserves to inherit what her grandfather has left to her.

After voting for Raynevere, I waited for a good one minute until all the shareholders voted. And then the secretary spoke.

“The election is now over! The results are… a draw!?”

3