CHAPTER 30 – THE PURPLE CAT’S CHALLENGE
147 5 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 30 - THE PURPLE CAT’S CHALLENGE

Everybody was surprised when they heard the results of the election. People in this conference room are murmuring in their seats as they could not believe the results.

“It’s a draw? How come? The majority should have voted for Miss Treenity, right?” One shareholder said.

“It’s not a surprise. The Treenity Clan had its filth on its name already. Most stockholders, like me, would want a new name on the top of the company. We may as well give Miss Yuusha a chance.” Another businessman answered.

My sweat went cold as I heard those words from my back. The election result was a complete stalemate, which means the Treenity clan has already lost control over the corporation. This will be bad for Raynevere!

I looked at my betrothed up on the stage. Her innocent purple eyes are busily scanning the surroundings, observing the commotion and the chatter of the people. When her eyes finally looked at mine, she gave an innocent smile and waved her hand as if she were saying hello.

Even though she’s acting tough, I can see from here that she’s sweating too. She’s nervous as if she barely made it a tie for this election. Who would have known what happened if she didn’t do a campaign meeting for the last three days?

“Hmph!” The purple cat lady Himeno crossed her arms as if she was slightly pissed, but still retaining her confidence. She will never back down, no matter what!

The company secretary went back to the podium and took the mic to continue his speech. “Attention, all shareholders. According to the by-laws of Treenity Innovations, in case of a tie in the elections, we will have a toss-coin to determine the next CEO of this company.”

“Huh!? Absurd!” Himeno burst out like the sassy teenager she is.

All attention went to her when she shouted those words. Now that she was in the spotlight, the arrogant purple cat snatched the microphone from the secretary and began her speech!

“Isn’t it stupid to have the elections decided by a toss-coin? Treenity Innovations need a competent and charismatic leader, not a lucky nobody! We need to settle this score with a more logical approach!” Himeno suggested loudly.

Chatter once again engulfed the whole conference room. I do not want to agree with the arrogant purple cat, but she has a point. It’s almost too ridiculous to decide the CEO of a multi-million dollar corporation by a nasty coin toss.

“M-Miss Himeno, what would you suggest?” The secretary nervously asked the arrogant purple cat.

“Isn’t it obvious?” Himeno flicked one of her long twin-tails. She slowly approached Raynevere who is quite confused about the happening. Then, that egoistic purple cat gently bumped heads with my fiance! “We will have a Gladiatrix Battle!”

There is another jibber-jabber all over the place, and it’s much wilder. Some voices are already overlapping because of the ridiculous proposition of the purple cat. While me, I just had my jaws hung.

“As you can all see from this poor monster’s ears, her body is already filled with mystical nanomachines. That’s right! She is a Gladiatrix, just like me! And we Gladiatrices have a way to show our charisma and competence, and that is through a Gladiatrix Battle!” Himeno said loudly to the audience.

“M-Miss Himeno…you’re a Gladiatrix too?” Raynevere muttered. Her expression is just as shocked as mine. Well, I had a hunch that Himeno is a Gladiatrix because of her robotic cat ears above her head, so I kind of expected to be surprised.

“Unfortunately, I did not bring my Kaiser with me. But, I have assigned a better time and place for our fight!” Himeno smiled.

The purple cat swiped her fingers in the air, and a hologram screen flashed. It is a big invitation ticket for the next Entry-Grade Battle Fiesta this year!

“I initially decided to participate in this year’s tournament as a promotion for this dying company. But if you, Miss Raynevere Treenity, will join the next Battle Fiesta, my purpose would be changed completely. What do you say, you sly monster?” Himeno taunted.

Of course, this seems like falling into an obvious trap of some sort. But Raynevere is not the kind of person who will chicken out.

My fiance smiled and offered her hand. “I accept your challenge, Miss Himeno.”

“See you in the coliseum then, monster. Bring your uninspired, talentless Kaiser boyfriend who happened to get more than 20% shares of the company that tied this election.” Himeno glared at Raynevere before exiting this stage.

“Hehe~” Raynevere chuckled.

When Himeno passed right in front of me, we had brief yet scary eye contact. Her crimson eyes glared at my soul as if she were looking at a trash can. She even clicked her tongue and made a “Tch!” sound. I have never met any person who has a deathly stare like her.

I was also curious about what Himeno said to Raynevere before she exited the stage. She said that I possess 20% of the company’s total shares.

I swiped my fingers and opened a hologram terminal to check my current standing with the company. I know that my parents contributed about 2% of the company’s shares, so I’m pretty sure my power to vote only constitutes that percentage.

But it’s real. I own 20% of the million-dollar company, right under the family of Chaldeas. How did this happen?

3