CHAPTER 31 – THE TREE ON THE HILL
147 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 31 - THE TREE ON THE HILL

Fun fact: In the corporate world, the more stocks a shareholder has, the more power his/her voting rights is in the corporation. For example, if you own 3% of a corporation’s shares, then your vote will comprise 3%.

That is why in my current situation where I own 20% of the whole outstanding shares of a multi-million dollar corporation, I’m considered a business tycoon. At least on paper.

I don’t know how it happened. But I think Raynevere has the whole idea why I have so much voting power on her company. I wanted to ask her questions, but she just shushed me.

Right after the elections in the Treenity Innovations, Raynevere grabbed me until we reached the helipad rooftops. As the soft wind brewed around us, her long dark gray hair danced like a flag.

“Hey, hey, Mister Elzane! Let’s fly again! I want to show you something!” Raynevere jollily said.

Considering that I’m a “Yes-Man” and a simp to a rich cyber elf beauty queen, I activated my Kaiser Watch and draw out five cards. In a deck of 20, I inserted three copies of her favorite Striker Wing Command Card. So it’s highly probable that I will draw Striker Wing on my first five!

[Activating Combat Mode]

“Equip Card Activate: Striker Wing!” I revealed the card, and then Raynevere’s back sprouted cybernetic crimson wings!

“Let’s go!” Raynevere said as she grabbed my hand and then jumped!

“W-Woooah!”

Jet streams echoed in the skies as Raynevere blasted at full speed! We went through the clouds with a smile on her face!

This is my second time taking flight with the woman I love, and I can feel that my fear of heights is no longer dominating me. Maybe it’s because of the sensation that she’s beside me, that I always feel the same if she’s around. I know she’s quite playful but I’m certain that she will never mean harm to me.

<>

Three minutes of flight, and we finally started to descend. I saw a wide plain with burnt grassland. There are debris and burnt houses all around the plains. I know the place. It was Treenity Village, or what remains of it.

Raynevere only made an incomplete round in the air until we finally landed on the foot of the hill near the village gate. The hill is full of short Bermuda grass, and at the top of it, is a gargantuan tree. This is the very same hill where we met up on that eventful day.

My Gladiatrix let go of my hand and started to walk towards the gargantuan tree. The wind blew once again, making the leaves of the tree sway as if it were saying hello to both of us. I was taken aback when I saw her slim figure in front of a tree, especially her perfect childbearing hips. Raynevere is more of a cute person than a sexy woman, so it’s not so often that I get to see her like this.

Wait, why am I destroying this wholesome moment with my dirty thoughts!? Come on, behave yourself Elzane!

Raynevere touched the trunk of the tree and made a soft sigh.

“This tree is the only living thing that witnessed what happened during that night. And now, this tree will be the only one left in the Treenity Village. At least, for now.” Raynevere said in a sad tone.

“Miss Raynevere,” I muttered. I wanted to ask a question but she interrupted me with an answer as if she already knew my question.

“I mortgaged the whole Treenity Village except for this hill just to buy the shares of the stockholders who are planning to withdraw their investments. To tell you the truth, it was not enough, so I also sold my personal belongings, even my phone. And I transferred it to your family name so that the board of directors will not think that I’m planning to forge the elections.” Raynevere muttered.

The beautiful elf looked at me with tearful purple eyes. Her sharp ears are now pointing down like a dog who just got scolded by its owner. Her face is red as if she’s very ashamed of what she has done.

“I’m sorry for being selfish and desperate, Mister Elzane. But I cannot afford to lose the company. It’s the only living legacy my grandfather and father left to me. I will do what it takes to regain the Treenity Innovations.” Raynevere said.

“Well, it is your land and money that were spent. You don’t need to be sorry. I fully understand where you’re coming from.” I said.

“Thank you, Mister Elzane! I’m glad that I will be marrying someone like you.” Raynevere slowly walked forward and started to hug me.

It was just a light hug, but I can feel the softness and warmth of her body. I can even feel her breast on my chest. I love wrapping my arms around her hips. After a few moments, Raynevere stepped back and looked at my face.

“Raynevere, I…”

“Let’s go, Mister Elzane! We need to prepare for the incoming Battle Fiesta! First, we need to win the Qualifiers!” Raynevere excitedly pumped her fists.

“R-Right.”

Sometimes I think Raynevere has a habit of breaking the most intense moments of our lives.

3